Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

We are a Concert school

5,156 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Hamburger Dan
True Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
120,000 at George Strait concert
maroon man
S
110,905 tickets sold but probably higher actually people there.

bobcat90
AG
Hope to see more concerts there but they gotta iron out some issues with crowd and traffic flow. It felt like 200k.
Al Bula
AG
Went in after PM was two songs in, left at 11:15. Only line I stood in was for beer and water, and that was not a big deal. No issue getting out of the UCG.

But I heard the exit process and drive back to Houston were brutal if you left much later.

Waiting in any kind of line and sitting in traffic are pretty much the two things I detest the most, so I will plan accordingly to avoid other people wasting my time.

For 110K, everything went pretty smooth with some planning.
45-70Ag
AG
Same. When he took the strap to his guitar off we figured he was done and started walking out. As we got to the tunnel to go to west campus we heard him singing again, so we missed the last two or three songs. But, we got out of the west campus parking garage, on to 2818 and then to 6 pretty fast and were home by 1.
Lake08
Had a friend that was in the parking garage for almost 2 hours…
greg.w.h
AG
Lake08 said:

And that is not any more surprising than Houston freeways usually (but not always) filling up during rush hour. Would need a massive transportation system change to fix it for events that would be relatively rare. But if we win an NC and go to 10 conference games we will get to test that load regularly…
greg.w.h
AG
One question for the locals…how did the paid parking in the residences south of the campus go? Had a cousin whose husband had a home on Rosemary which wasn't even the busiest section for off-campus parking…
TXAGBQ76
AG
1.5-2 hours to get out of the parking garage (Koldus/University garage by the stadium or the hotel lot) and home (live off Wellborn and Greens Prairie) is pretty much the norm for football games.
SteveA
AG
Nah, the music program sucks.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I went to the George Strait concert at Kyle Field with 6 friends, and we really enjoyed it. We were in Section 129, and we were ecstatic to be a part of a US record-setting crowd of 110,905 people. We took two separate Uber rides to the game and met up in the line, and we walked 2 miles from Kyle Field to our Airbnb place because we knew it would be difficult to get an Uber ride back.

I drove from Austin, and my 6 friends drove from the Houston or La Porte on Friday night. My friend got an Airbnb for two nights so that we can settle in a day early. It turned out to be an excellent decision because there was bumper-to-bumper traffic on Highway 6 and 21 on Saturday afternoon. As a result, we were able to relax for most of Saturday before heading to the concert at around 6:45 PM.
Indianrider
AG
greg.w.h said:

Lake08 said:

And that is not any more surprising than Houston freeways usually (but not always) filling up during rush hour. Would need a massive transportation system change to fix it for events that would be relatively rare. But if we win an NC and go to 10 conference games we will get to test that load regularly…
Your condescending reply is also not surprising at all.
sleepybeagle
AG
My two cents:

1) Standing room only tickets in the Zone caused overcrowding in the hallway - do away with this.
2) Those electric bike richshaw guys playing loud music need to go away. My wife and I almost got hit by a guy zooming down a sidewalk by the Polo field.
sleepybeagle
Magneto
AG
Was Jimbo there? Hopefully he paid for his own ticket
Aggie Dad 26
any info on how much the university made off this?
Aggie Dad 26
Magneto said:

Was Jimbo there? Hopefully he paid for his own ticket
He was there. I was told his ticket cost 80 million
JohnLA762
AG
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

any info on how much the university made off this?

Hopefully at least 77.6 million…
An L of an Ag
AG
For at least 2 more days...

...we're a baseball school.
Luke The Drifter
AG
The last 30 days have been huge for Texas A&M, stadium-wise.

2,397 - softball regional vs. Albany
2,422 - softball regional vs. Texas State
2,201 - softball regional vs. Texas State
7.034 - baseball regional vs. Grambling
7,630 - baseball regional vs. Texas
7,328 - baseball regional vs. UL-Lafayette
7,835 - baseball super regional vs. Oregon
7,934 - baseball super regional vs. Oregon
85,249 - Mexico vs. Brazil soccer match
110,905 - George Strait concert

That's 240,935 folks who have gone through turnstiles at A&M athletic facilities. Just insane.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Viper16
AG
[PLEASE KEEP THESE TYPES OF UNNECESSARY COMMENTS OFF THIS BOARD - STAFF]
Viper16
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

The last 30 days have been huge for Texas A&M, stadium-wise.

2,397 - softball regional vs. Albany
2,422 - softball regional vs. Texas State
2,201 - softball regional vs. Texas State
7.034 - baseball regional vs. Grambling
7,630 - baseball regional vs. Texas
7,328 - baseball regional vs. UL-Lafayette
7,835 - baseball super regional vs. Oregon
7,934 - baseball super regional vs. Oregon
85,249 - Mexico vs. Brazil soccer match
110,905 - George Strait concert

That's 240,935 folks who have gone through turnstiles at A&M athletic facilities. Just insane.

Add in the 3-game home series against Arkansas between 5/16 and 5/18
6,976 - baseball vs Arkansas
7,980 - baseball vs Arkansas
7,337 - baseball vs Arkansas

https://12thman.com/news/2024/5/18/baseball-no-4-aggies-run-rule-no-2-arkansas-on-senior-day-14-4

The weekend attendance total of 22,293 marked the third largest this season and fourth all-time at Olsen Field. This means 263,228 people went through Texas A&M athletic facilities between 5/16-6/15. Also, thousands of spectators went to the Troubadour Festival at Aggie Park on 5/18, including myself and 2 friends.
Jawbreaker

Just gonna leave this here.........
Hamburger Dan
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.