Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Stadium Entrance - "Not Like Us"

15,972 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Leonard H. Stringfield
Jack Boyett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I go to maybe one game per year. I'm honestly not sure which dj song is power. One song is the same as the next. I missed the oo's and ah's or whatever you're talking about. The idea that 100,000 are doing anything in unison with that type of music is way off.
mitchdpm
AG
No joke, this song may be the worst I've ever heard. Just awful. I can't believe I listened to it and my disgust for this "music" has just peaked. Ugh!
Cool_Hand
AG
Where is the downvote button Liucci?
NewEra2023
AG
Townie in Exile said:

Aggies have always had an identity that finds camaraderie in how we're viewed as weird or cultish. We're outsiders, us against the world, or as our university has said "we're different, and that's what makes a difference"
What university is like Texas A&M? What student body is like the Aggies? Everyone wants to be the 12th man, but there's no substituting the original.

"THEY NOT LIKE US"? You're damn right they are not

Highlighting a monumental marketing L and basing your song choice off that tells us all we need to know.

Never start an ad with a negative… idk who approved that SEC commercial for us but it's even worse than not having an Ol' Sarge mascot
NewEra2023
AG
one safe place said:

Townie in Exile said:

"THEY NOT LIKE US"? You're damn right they are not
Should be "THEY ARE NOT LIKE US." A university should carefully choose what it promotes.

When has A&M ever been good at that?
NewEra2023
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

Seriously? That song is full of racial slurs and cuss words. If you want your image to be wimpy and small, that voice is perfect (the artist may not look that way, but his voice is weak).

This is worse than Power by far (and that was a trashy song).

How about pick an entrance song whose lyrics aren't absolutely embarrassing and that you wouldn't be ashamed for a kid to see. Even if you don't play all the lyrics, people are going to pull up the song and listen to it if you use it for your entrance.

This is wrong too. Who gives a damn about the lyrics. It's going to be an instrumental version whatever it is.
Good luck finding a hype beat thats original version doesn't have cuss words and racial slurs.

Quit being offended FOR people that don't give a ****. It's all about the music and the feeling it gives the players and fans when it hits.

Power was great. And if we move on from it that's fine too. Kendrick Lamar has some great beats but this one ain't it to me personally.
Ag Tag
Great entrance song. Mr. Trololo original upload (youtube.com)
TexAggie1999
NewEra2023 said:

TexAggie1999 said:

Seriously? That song is full of racial slurs and cuss words. If you want your image to be wimpy and small, that voice is perfect (the artist may not look that way, but his voice is weak).

How about pick an entrance song whose lyrics aren't absolutely embarrassing and that you wouldn't be ashamed for a kid to see. Even if you don't play all the lyrics, people are going to pull up the song and listen to it if you use it for your entrance.

This is wrong too. Who gives a damn about the lyrics. It's going to be an instrumental version whatever it is.
Good luck finding a hype beat thats original version doesn't have cuss words and racial slurs.

Quit being offended FOR people that don't give a ****. It's all about the music and the feeling it gives the players and fans when it hits.

Power was great. And if we move on from it that's fine too. Kendrick Lamar has some great beats but this one ain't it to me personally.

If it is all about the music, then "Not Like Us" is terrible entrance song because the music is simplistic crap. Yes, it would be better without the lyrics, but it would stii suck.
gnirwin11
AG
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
tk for tu juan
Leonard H. Stringfield
aalan94 said:

Quote:

The old cranky weirdos don't want anything other than boomer rock or other stupid *****
Damn right. Proud old guy here. Never heard a Taylor Swift song in my life. Hasn't been a decent band in rock or pop since the Black Crowes. That's where I stand and I'm unrepentant.

We need to come into something that rocks, not your little millenial Barney the dinosaur kid music.
We need something Texas-y. SRV or ZZTop.
Amen brother I hear your sermon no more Saturday morning cartoon music with toxic lyrics
"Roswell, 1947, there was a uap (ufo) that crashed, in fact there were 2 uaps, 1 crashed and one flew away and the other one did not and was recovered by the US GOVERNMENT."
- Lue Elizondo-former director of the Pentagon's Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program-August 20, 2024

Are A&M's core values..optional? Who has the POWER to determine that? Are certain departments exempt? Why?

Farsight Institute, Atlanta, GA

StinkyPinky
AG
How about "Take as Needed for Pain" by eyehategod ?
Leander - Ag
AG
Power
southernboy1
AG
We all know it will some bs that doesn't hype anyone up. Make it Closer by 9".
ParkerAg
AG
The answer is simple "Higher" by Creed.....
mitchdpm
AG
Leonard H. Stringfield
Leander - Ag said:

Power
Troll
"Roswell, 1947, there was a uap (ufo) that crashed, in fact there were 2 uaps, 1 crashed and one flew away and the other one did not and was recovered by the US GOVERNMENT."
- Lue Elizondo-former director of the Pentagon's Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program-August 20, 2024

Are A&M's core values..optional? Who has the POWER to determine that? Are certain departments exempt? Why?

AGinHI
AG
Leonard H. Stringfield said:

Leander - Ag said:

Power
Troll
I personally think they should have kept Power

for no other reason than having the entire 12th Man singing along with the intro.

In time, I believe, it would have become one of the most recognizable entrances.
Leonard H. Stringfield
AGinHI said:

Leander - Ag said:

Power
Troll

for no other reason than having the entire 12th Man singing along with the intro.

In time, I believe, it would have become one of the most recognizable entrances.
Trolling will get you banned here.

We are not about to saddle up and ride that horse again. No more profanity. No more racial slurs. And the association with a known racist has forever been severed.

Thank God we are free at last..

BraxtonW
AG

AGinHI said:

Leander - Ag said:

Power
Troll

We are not about to saddle up and ride that horse again. No more profanity. No more racial slurs. And the association with a known racist has forever been severed.

I bet you are fun at parties
Leonard H. Stringfield
BraxtonW said:

AGinHI said:

Leander - Ag said:

Power
Troll

I bet you are fun at parties
Thanks...and I will shoot straight with ya as well.

AG
THUNDERSTRUCK or GTFO!
"Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do!" - Aggie Code of Honor
Leonard H. Stringfield

Leonard H. Stringfield

dixichkn
AG
I always thought the first minute or so of this song would make a f'ing INCREDIBLE intro

Leonard H. Stringfield

TexasRebel
AG
PatAg
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

I don't see us bailing on the Surfaces project after one year. Whether we like the song or not, people put a lot of work and thought into making that a reality and it is not a good look to bail after one year.

They didn't put much work into it. They just made a budget version of power
Leonard H. Stringfield
PatAg said:

VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

I don't see us bailing on the Surfaces project after one year. Whether we like the song or not, people put a lot of work and thought into making that a reality and it is not a good look to bail after one year.

They didn't put much work into it. They just made a budget version of power
Yeah, a sanitized version perhaps. Odd that they chose something that even sounded familiar.

Leonard H. Stringfield
The heathen cry for techno-rap...

KCup17
AG
OP might need to go back into exile after this thread.
Leonard H. Stringfield
KCup17 said:

OP might need to go back into exile after this thread.
Very Kayneish.

Bucketrunner
Last year's entrance was pretty awful. We can do better.
Leonard H. Stringfield
NewEra2023 said:

TexAggie1999 said:

Who says we need a hype beat? Whatever that is? How about something with legit power and not some Sat am cereal ad piece chocked full of profanity and racial slurs?

Divining Rod
Townie, I'm an old but that song WOULD be awesome because of the refrain and the beat. Lyrics would be bad, but I agree instrumental throughout and then "NOT LIKE US!!!!!" would be great.

You'd need to flash those words though so us oldies will know when to yell it out! This REALLY IS a perfect song that caters to the young with a message that resonates with everyone and allows everyone to have fun with it.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.