Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Roll Call for an incredible man and die hard Ag

9,877 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Jugstore Cowboy
Ben There
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Here! Stormey was a great man and Aggie. When I would take my coaches to San Angelo for the annual coaches clinic, he would take us to lunch or dinner at his favorite Mexican food place. R.I.P. my friend R.C.
PGAG
AG
Here
dreyOO
Here
Muy
AG
SW AG80 said:

I'm honored to have known Stormy for 40+ years. Every time I spoke with him he made me feel like I was doing something important in life. And the hospitality suite he and Pat had at the MSC hotel was so much fun.

Muy, do you yet know when and where his service will be? I assume SA but it seems Stormy once mentioned to me the Field of Honor in Aggieland.

Wherever, I will make that drive to honor a great man and to hug Pat.

Here.

They are going to have an immediate family service at his gravesite, and a Celebration of Life at his house on Saturday from 4-6.

To everyone who has told their memories of him, know that the family is getting them and are so thankful for the kind words.
Viper16
AG
Here!!
#FJB

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
ChickenAndWafflesAg
AG
Muy said:

SW AG80 said:

I'm honored to have known Stormy for 40+ years. Every time I spoke with him he made me feel like I was doing something important in life. And the hospitality suite he and Pat had at the MSC hotel was so much fun.

Muy, do you yet know when and where his service will be? I assume SA but it seems Stormy once mentioned to me the Field of Honor in Aggieland.

Wherever, I will make that drive to honor a great man and to hug Pat.

Here.

They are going to have an immediate family service at his gravesite, and a Celebration of Life at his house on Saturday from 4-6.

To everyone who has told their memories of him, know that the family is getting them and are so thankful for the kind words.
Is the Celebration of Life at his house open to friends or only for family?
pater
AG
Muy,

There was no finer man and Aggie than your dad. I was blessed to move to San Angelo in 1989 and have the opportunity to get to know Stormy. He truly lived life to the fullest. I will forever remember the trips to Omaha, Football Kickoff Camp, Lubbock and Waco to watch the Aggies. More than anything else I will cherish the times in his office just talking about the Aggies, life and our families. He truly was a blessing in my life.

As much as we both loved the Aggies, the one thing I learned from Stormy was that outside of your Faith, there was nothing more important than your family. I know that Pat, Mark, Kristi, Kimilee and all the grandchildren were the loves of his life.

My prayers are with each of you.

Robert Pate '81

Aggie_Nuke
AG
Never had the opportunity to meet him, but sure would have loved to have done that. Love that he lived to have his grandson graduate ! Love that he knows Jesus as his Lord and Savior, and that he's been welcomed into heaven.

Prayers for all of his friends and family, and for a fellow Aggie. Gig 'em Mr. Giles !

HERE !

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
S.A. Aggie
AG
Here.
Howdyag092
Here
Aggie2
Here
EMc77
AG
Here is the obit...

https://www.harper-funeralhome.com/obituaries/James-G-Stormy-Kimrey?obId=31482281
AgsMyDude
AG
Here
mrfun83
AG
Here.
C1NRB
AG
Met him as a student checking in the MSC in the early '90's and I moved to San Anglo in late 2000's.

Here.
NumberEinAg
AG
Had the privilege of meeting Stormy on several occasions. Didn't know him well, but a wonderful man, husband, father, friend and grandfather. Here.
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
45-70Ag
AG
Same class as my grandfather.

Here.
VatoLocoAggie
AG
Here.

T&P
Nombre
AG
Here. What a fantastic legacy.

Was his handle Storm Blitz?
Muy
AG
Honestly I don't know if he ever posted much, and even so it's probably been a long time.
Cobra39
Howdyag092 said:

Here
TICKET SCAMMER.

Cobra39
texag0928
Here
The Agly Duckling
Here
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Sorry for your loss Muy, but it actually has been nice to see comments from so many people who met him.

One time on another thread, I posted a picture from an Aggieland of an old Ag from the 30's who was one of my grandfather's classmates and a family friend through my childhood. He answered "here" when my grandfather's name was called, and kept in touch with us afterwards. And it was interesting and nicely surprising to see replies from other Texaggers who knew that guy. It's always impressive to me how close knit the old Ags were, and how many lives they touched.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.