Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Trev Alberts is now viewed by Huskers fans as ...

11,392 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by greg.w.h
RyanPearson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

I think Trev is the guy, IF NEEDED, to navigate a move to the Big 10. I think A&M leadership will be closely watching how the SEC Office treat the new comers in the Conference and us. JMO

If we moved to the Big 10 we should just give up on athletics and change our name to the Frightened Texas Aggies.
NewEra2023
AG
If he adds cheerleaders and an Ol' Sarge bighead to gameday sidelines I'll be 75% won over.
BartInLA
He clearly needs a contract extension to 10 years immediately.
greg.w.h
AG
RyanPearson said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

I think Trev is the guy, IF NEEDED, to navigate a move to the Big 10. I think A&M leadership will be closely watching how the SEC Office treat the new comers in the Conference and us. JMO

If we moved to the Big 10 we should just give up on athletics and change our name to the Frightened Texas Aggies.
So you see zero value in separating from the Longhorns for ten years and more than tripling our nominal revenue from what the Big 12 paid us? How strange you're afraid of actual success.
ABATTBQ87
AG
NewEra2023 said:

If he adds cheerleaders and an Ol' Sarge bighead to gameday sidelines I'll be 75% won over.

You do realize that the student body could vote for cheerleaders; it would only take the frats and sororities to band together and vote in a block since they greatly outnumber cadets
NewEra2023
AG
We would never recover optically…

Not to mention recruits here wanna play in the SEC.
It would be worse than what happened to Neb when they went B1G.

We're gonna beat texas on and off the field and if we don't well, that's our own fault. We have everything one needs to win consistently.
They have the same size seat as us and everyone else.
NewEra2023
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

NewEra2023 said:

You do realize that the student body could vote for cheerleaders; it would only take the frats and sororities to band together and vote in a block since they greatly outnumber cadets

Too many old ags in high positions would not allow it.
lagoag
NewEra2023 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

NewEra2023 said:

Too many old ags in high positions would not allow it.
It wouldn't be up to them.
AG
NewEra2023 said:

They have the same size seat as us and everyone else.

Haha, good one.
rootube
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

NewEra2023 said:

Have "The frats" ever voted in a block to get anyone elected to anything at Texas A&M? I am curious, because the only group to pull that off in my day was the corps.
greg.w.h
AG
" The Aggie Greek community is comprised of 5,778 members, making up roughly 11 percent of Texas A&M's undergraduate population. Despite unconventional circumstances through the COVID-19 pandemic, Aggie Greeks made a difference in their communities through service hours (28,761) and philanthropic donations ($810,939)."

Note 2021 which is impacted by COVID. But the 11% number sounds about right.

https://today.tamu.edu/2022/02/01/aggie-greek-community-releases-fall-2021-report-on-academics-philanthropy/
Kozmozag
How is his relationship with Sankey, and espn?
45-70Ag
AG
Kozmozag said:

Before he starts we get paired with Nebraska in the ncaa tournament.
ChipFTAC01
AG
45-70Ag said:

Kozmozag said:

Before he starts we get paired with Nebraska in the ncaa tournament.

Twice!
Maroon Flash
AG
"apparently we took $bill byrne from them while back too..."

Stealing $bill worked about as well as stealing Fran. But this should not impact our opinion of our new AD.

I hope everyone gives him a good reception and the chance to do his job.

It appears men's basketball's decent performance in the SEC tournament may take some heat off Buzz, but no excuses for blowing the lead against Florida.
fightintxaggie10
AG
Maroon Flash said:

"apparently we took $bill byrne from them while back too..."

Stealing $bill worked about as well as stealing Fran. But this should not impact our opinion of our new AD.

I hope everyone gives him a good reception and the chance to do his job.

It appears men's basketball's decent performance in the SEC tournament may take some heat off Buzz, but no excuses for blowing the lead against Florida.

$Bill same as Fran? He's the best AD we've ever had and Fran gave us the worst loss in school history and was disgracefully fired. Bill Byrne permanently elevated our Atheltic Dept and we continue to this day to have success and NC aspirations in almost every sport because of him. He also was the one that brought us out of the facilities Stone Age. He was also very transparent with the Former Students by sending out a weekly newsletter. We haven't had an AD as good since. I care about football more than anything too but facts are facts
RossWag
AG
Funny that in both the women's and men's NCAA brackets, we are matched up against Nebraska. Guess we'll see how fired up they are.
Philip J Fry
AG
Sad this post gets even 1 blue star. $Bill was the best AD we've had in a very long time.
McInnis80
Philip J Fry said:

Sad this post gets even 1 blue star. $Bill was the best AD we've had in a very long time.
$Bill taught us if we want to win, we have to pay for it. Before $Bill we were being lapped by not just the Horns but lots of Big 12 schools on facilities. .

As big a jerk as Dodds was, he took care of the athletes and coaches at UT, did his best to give the Horns an unlevel playing field. At end he made huge mistakes in firing two of the best coaches in school history and the LHN, but he made UT Athletics into an ATM. Now if they could just bring back Steve Patterson.
Last month
- Huskers -> Trev Alberts is our man.
- Aggies -> Trev Alberts is an idiot

Today
- Huskers -> Trev Alberts is an idiot
- Aggies -> Trev Alberts is our man
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
NewEra2023
AG
Most on here didn't even know he was a month ago
greg.w.h
AG
33 said:

Last month
- Huskers -> Trev Alberts is our man.
- Aggies -> Trev Alberts is an idiot

Today
- Huskers -> Trev Alberts is an idiot
- Aggies -> Trev Alberts is our man
So long and thanks for your trolls….NOT!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.