Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Trev Alberts is now viewed by Huskers fans as ...

11,396 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by greg.w.h
sbag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
something between the cheating ex-wife and Benedict Arnold.
https://huskerbigred.com/4-thoughts-on-trev-alberts-leaving-nebraska-for-texas-am/
Meximan
They mad
lagoag
Boo Hoo Hoo
greg.w.h
AG
We like celebrating the supposed harm we do to other schools. But their football program is no less of a mess today than when Trev stated leading the athletic department. That he might "get" NIL is the only selling point I have heard that is believable though the volleyball stunt was good marketing (something we lack.)

We overrate fires and hires and pretend anyone leaving us was bad or hates us: all of which is utterly delusional and counterproductive to building a self-sufficient, successful "front porch" for the university in our athletics department.
The Porkchop Express
I mean the first graf of the guy's article says they haven't had a school president for 7 months and their board of regents is messed up - how can you possibly be surprised that other high ranking officials would leave a school that has no cohesive leadership?
TAMU74
AG
Mr. Alberts will not be at A&M that long either.
It's my understanding he has a five-year contract. He'll be gone before then
So how are we going to react to his departure at that time?
NewEra2023
AG
It's concerning that we're thinking short term. Probably the best we can do as someone like Bama's Byrne or Ole Miss or UGAs do NOT view the AD job at A&M in a positive manner. And why should they, as BL said.

We have 5 years to fix the optics and change our chain of command so that **** actually works and elite people wanna he here.
AGDAD14
Sounds like he's not a good fit with the Aggie culture and its Code of Honor and core values. LOL
NewEra2023
AG
No. Trev is a great AD period. Upgrade from Bjork
greg.w.h
AG
NewEra2023 said:

Low bar. But Bjork was excellent at public relations role of the AD job.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Sounds familiar.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Buford T. Justice
AG
He was Eddie Haskell.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
OleHouAggie
NewEra2023 said:

Can you elaborate on this? What exactly has he accomplished to merit the Great label?
dustytool
" He's a snake and as a Nebraska football fan, he's dead to me. I'll never forgive him and I don't want him to set foot inside Lincoln Memorial Stadium ever again"

They mad, they real mad!!!
Kraft Punk
greg.w.h said:

NewEra2023 said:

Bork was a nonstop embarrassment

How are you always wrong about everything?
ABATTBQ87
AG
We need an AD who will be here for 30+ years, like Deloss Dodds. He was a powerful force for the teasippers and they had success under his leadership

During his tenure as AD from the fall of 1981 to November 2013, Texas won 19 National Championships and 287 conference titles.

In that same time A&Ms ADs are:
Jackie Sherrill 1982 to 1988
John David Crow 1989 to 1993
Wally Groff 1993 to 2001
Bill Byrne 2003 to 2012
Eric Hyman 2012 to 2016
Scott Woodward 2016 to 2019
Ross Bjork 2019 to 2024

SkerzFan
The vast majority of our fans are confused, not pissed at Trev. It's become clear that our BOR has been a cancer for quite some time. Not having a President for 7 months isn't going to keep anyone around. It's time to purge the leadership of this University. It's becoming clear where the rot is.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
How bad is wokism on campus?
OKC~Ag
lol, yeah they're kind of mad

apparently we took $bill byrne from them while back too...
AG
OKC~Ag said:

lol, yeah they're kind of mad

apparently we took $bill byrne from them while back too...

They should be thanking us for that
Lone Stranger
It sounds like the NU administration pulled a fast one last year getting a rule changed that the AD contract that previouly had to be approved by the BOR approved by only the Prez so the BOR didn't see it. Once that happened the Univ Prez more than doubled Alberts salary and signed a contract guaranteeing him the lower of top 3 AD pay in the B10 or Top Ten National ADs (checked yearly) as long as his previous annual review was satisfactory.

It seems Trev doesn't like the current NE Gov, many state legislators, and BOR and others trying to reign in some of the woke nonsense that was going on at the univ and within the athletic department as well and had a bad feeling about the short list of who his new boss might be because they weren't woke enough.

Trev has announced he was really impressed with the vision our very woke Prez Welsh gave him about his abilities to impact things moving forward here. That covers some of the political aspect playing out up there.

greg.w.h
AG
We have no DEI propaganda police now. By state law. Going for you're wrong.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
I think Trev is the guy, IF NEEDED, to navigate a move to the Big 10. I think A&M leadership will be closely watching how the SEC Office treat the new comers in the Conference and us. JMO
Lone Stranger
Ah yes...."we" passed a state law in TX but many in our admin have already publicly been caught discussing how they are going to do "work arounds". Checkmate!
Hehateme1
Lone Stranger said:

Ah yes...."we" passed a state law in TX but many in our admin have already publicly been caught discussing how they are going to do "work arounds". Checkmate!
OK Q
agz win
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

I think Trev is the guy, IF NEEDED, to navigate a move to the Big 10. I think A&M leadership will be closely watching how the SEC Office treat the new comers in the Conference and us. JMO

Interesting.
45-70Ag
AG
BoxingAg84
Corn Natuon weighs in and takes some shots at us along the way.

NewEra2023
AG

We would NEVER recover optically
AGDAD14
ABATTBQ87 said:

We need an AD who will be here for 30+ years, like Deloss Dodds. He was a powerful force for the teasippers and they had success under his leadership

During his tenure as AD from the fall of 1981 to November 2013, Texas won 19 National Championships and 287 conference titles.

In that same time A&Ms ADs are:
Jackie Sherrill 1982 to 1988
John David Crow 1989 to 1993
Wally Groff 1993 to 2001
Bill Byrne 2003 to 2012
Eric Hyman 2012 to 2016
Scott Woodward 2016 to 2019
Ross Bjork 2019 to 2024

At what point, if not already, does this not only become embarrassing, but a problem? Same for the President position. Hopefully, both these men will have long successful tenures in Aggieland.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
It was cute for someone to suggest that the current president's longterm vision is why Trev came here.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I had lunch today with my cousin and her family who are huge Huskers. Her husband was SBP back in the 90s, both kids went to UNL and their life is largely centered around Husker athletics. Her sister used to live in the same neighborhood as Alberts in Omaha and their kids played together. They were very complimentary of him both personally and professionally and viewed it as "We let a good one get away."
Bloc323
Kraft Punk said:

greg.w.h said:

NewEra2023 said:

Bork was a nonstop embarrassment

How are you always wrong about everything?
Bjork was the kind of goofball who thought yell leaders were cool, therefore we didn't need female cheerleaders at football games for PR (and probably his idea to send yell leaders to away games or neutral games in various sports which makes absolutely no sense).

Bjork did make good hires at baseball and softball though, and we'll see about women's basketball and volleyball.

As for Trev Albert, the Nebraska fans have sounded devastated. I watched literally every single video of "Trev Albert" that I could find on YouTube published since we stole him from Nebraska, and they are angry, sad, and some even crying sad. He was considered the "golden boy" in a sense in the same way Scott Frost was before he failed. Even the few ones who said Trev Albert leaving is not that big of a deal, they had no criticism of Trev and just said he wasn't there long enough to be devastated but most people still were.

Bloc323

Lol. Over half of the top recruits in the South only want to play in the SEC in football & baseball. So we'd suffer in recruiting and be having to play in the snow rather than against schools culturally like us in the best conference in football and baseball.

If you are worried about Sips, start paying players the same amount they do at least. Sips are even paying money to women's recruits in volleyball, basketball, soccer, golf, track, and obviously every men's sport. They even brag about it on Twitter on their NIL funds' twitter accounts that their athletes Retweet.
Bloc323
Lone Stranger said:

It seems Trev doesn't like the current NE Gov, many state legislators, and BOR and others trying to reign in some of the woke nonsense that was going on at the univ and within the athletic department as well and had a bad feeling about the short list of who his new boss might be because they weren't woke enough.

Trev has announced he was really impressed with the vision our very woke Prez Welsh gave him about his abilities to impact things moving forward here. That covers some of the political aspect playing out up there.

lol. Says the type of weird guy who thinks our country was not racist during slavery. Lmao. but yeah, I'm sure a football player from the cornfields of Nebraska or iowa is woke. Lol
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.