Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

*****The Fightin' Dan Campbell's v. San Fran *****

22,481 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Houstonag
Brother Shamus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's always Monday morning QB when it comes to FG. Fun game!
Sparkie
AG
Kick the field goals. Have faith in your team and don't panic.
Aggie_buster
AG
Onionman said:

Bunch of Dan bashing on here but he did a great job this year.

WTH are you talking about? There hasn't been a single person that has "bashed" Dan on here or argued that he didn't do a great job this year.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Aggie said:

gabehcoud said:

Mike Hancho said:

Choke job by Campbell unfortunately, should've gone for field goals

Field goals = losing

Left 6 points on the field by going for it on 4th down in Fg territory.. and they're down by 3 with 1 min left

And getting stopped on 4th created the change in momentum. Take the FG and they are down 3 scores. Very bad decisions by Dan.
dixichkn
AG
How badly could you use that one timeout right now?
Dr. Alister MacKenzie
Man, dumb calls by Campbell
jeffdjohnson
If Josh Reynolds catches that 4th down pass then Campbell is a genius. That was a game changer.
PhatMack19
AG

Furlock Bones
AG
Onionman said:

Furlock Bones said:

Onionman said:

Coaching malpractice with a good lead 45 minutes from the Super Bowl deserves every bit of ridicule.
Yeah, because 49ers are terrible and easy to beat at their place.

You are acting like 49ers are terrible and all Detroit had to do is sit on a lead. Give me a break.

I swear some of you can't use your brains and understand situations.

Was it a good year? Yes. Did Dan Campbell absolutely **** the bed 45 minutes from the Super Bowl? Yes. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Onionman
Aggie_buster said:

Onionman said:

WTH are you talking about? There hasn't been a single person that has "bashed" Dan on here or argued that he didn't do a great job this year.
Have you even read any of the comments.

So I guess someone saying...."Disaster by Dan." is not bashing???
Onionman
Furlock Bones said:

Onionman said:

Furlock Bones said:

Onionman said:

Coaching malpractice with a good lead 45 minutes from the Super Bowl deserves every bit of ridicule.
Yeah, because 49ers are terrible and easy to beat at their place.

You are acting like 49ers are terrible and all Detroit had to do is sit on a lead. Give me a break.

I swear some of you can't use your brains and understand situations.

Was it a good year? Yes. Did Dan Campbell absolutely **** the bed 45 minutes from the Super Bowl? Yes. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Malpractice my @ss,

Just plain bashing.
Sparkie
AG
Onionman said:

Aggie_buster said:

Onionman said:

if disaster by Dan is bashing, you might be a snow flake.
Bluto
AG
The 2nd half was a disaster by Dan.

Other than that, helluva year.
Onionman
Sparkie said:

Onionman said:

Aggie_buster said:

Onionman said:

It wasn't a disaster. 49ers are a good team. For the guy calling it malpractice that is just ridiculous.
Frank Grimes
AG
WhataMaroon88 said:

Yay another lame SB with favorites and no underdog to root for once again.
The Chiefs were the third seed in the AFC.
Sparkie
AG
Onionman said:

Sparkie said:

Onionman said:

Aggie_buster said:

Onionman said:

It wasn't a disaster. 49ers are a good team. For the guy calling it malpractice that is just ridiculous.
blowing a 17 point lead is a disaster.
usmcbrooks
Lion fans already calling for him to be fired.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Just kick the field goal geez
AgDotCom
one safe place said:

AgDotCom said:

one safe place said:

AgDotCom said:

"Complete collapse" = receiver who drops two passes. If those are not dropped, Lions win this one.
27 unanswered points in the second half = complete collapse
If you've watched this game you know there would be nowhere close to 27 unanswered points if those two catches are made.
If, if, if. The catches were not made. Blew a huge lead and allowed 27 unanswered points in the second half.
These are NFL receivers, who should make these catches. They aren't Pop Warner players who haven't reached puberty.

Are you saying a pro receiver making millions should drop passes that hit him square in the hands?
AGDAD14
tu grad took the points. Aggie grad wanted to be the hero. It's as simple as that.
Onionman
Sparkie said:

Onionman said:

Sparkie said:

Onionman said:

Aggie_buster said:

Onionman said:

The same guy said Disaster by Dan and malpractice. Sorry I didn't post everything for you.

So are you saying the disaster is all on Dan and malpractice?
W
AG
Dan passed on 45 and 47-yard field goal attempts

those are not egregious sins with a waiver wire kicker
Brother Shamus
usmcbrooks said:

Lion fans already calling for him to be fired.

I'll take him back in college station. Who cares what that worthless city and fan base think. Most of them live off our dime anyways.
Aggie_buster
AG
Sparkie said:

Onionman said:

Sparkie said:

Onionman said:

Aggie_buster said:

Onionman said:

Don't bother trying to talk sense to this guy. Dude is too dumb if he doesn't think squandering a 17 point lead isn't a disaster, especially when they had the chance to tie the game. I won't even get started on the wasted timeout on the very needed and necessary timeout at the end.
BMX Bandit
WhataMaroon88 said:

Chiefs were underdogs their past two games.
halfastros81
AG
Lol. Lion fans would be sitting on about 4 wins for the season without Dan Campbell. He'd be snatched up
So fast it would make their heads spin if they were stupid enough to fire him. Owner is smarter than overeactive and drunk fans.

He'd have been their hero had they made either one of those first downs. It's super easy to be ultracritical in hindsight.
Fishwrangler11
AG
Why is everyone b%#^*#^% on Dan? He made a great call on the 1st one, but REYNOLDS couldn't hold on to the d%#+ ball tonight. I personally think he should have kicked the 2nd 4th down attempt but also get it in that it's been his identity to be aggressive all year.

If you want to judge him, it's for letting his OC make them burn that time out before they scored at the end by running the ball. Otherwise, they're getting the ball back with 40 seconds to tie or win.

All things considered, they out toughed the toughest team in the league for most the game and just literally had some unfortunate bounces not go their way. Great game.
one safe place
AgDotCom said:

one safe place said:

AgDotCom said:

one safe place said:

AgDotCom said:

"Complete collapse" = receiver who drops two passes. If those are not dropped, Lions win this one.
27 unanswered points in the second half = complete collapse
If you've watched this game you know there would be nowhere close to 27 unanswered points if those two catches are made.
If, if, if. The catches were not made. Blew a huge lead and allowed 27 unanswered points in the second half.
These are NFL receivers, who should make these catches. They aren't Pop Warner players who haven't reached puberty.

Are you saying a pro receiver making millions should drop passes that hit him square in the hands?
And there are a play or three every game that should have been made but were not. All I am saying is it was a complete collapse in the second half. Gave up the largest (or tied for largest) comeback in an NFC Championship game ever.
dixichkn
AG
The worst part about it is it gives ignorant b**** Jemele Hill her talking point back
An L of an Ag
AG
WhataMaroon88 said:

This right here. Just for once in the last...****...28 years?!?!? Holy ***** Anyway, I'd like to root FOR a team instead of against one. Or instead of rooting for the least crappy option.

****ing hell, every Super Bowl of my post-college life feels like every ELECTION of my post-college life!
GoAgs92
AG
Andy Reid was a dope for going for it on 4th down in the Chiefs

And Campbell was a dope for the same thing.

Good coaches make what turn out to be bad decisions all the time.
Eliminatus
AG
GoAgs92 said:

Andy Reid was a dope for going for it on 4th down in the Chiefs

And Campbell was a dope for the same thing.

Good coaches make what turn out to be bad decisions all the time.

Meh the first one (going for it) was a lock if receiver didn't drop. The second one was a 48 yd attempt with a kicker that just doesn't have the record of making those. At all.

It was the wrong decision because that is what hindsight tells us but in the moment BEFORE we know the outcome, I fully understand the reasoning.

It wasn't the field goals. It was the defense not getting a stop in the second half. That's it. That's the loss reason right there. Everything else is a nuance to that. And the defense being suspect is not a secret in Detroit.
Faustus
Aggie said:

Onionman said:

100% he did
But had some really really questionable coaching decisions the 2nd half this game
Now they run the ball on the 1 and get stuffed forcing them to use a valuable time out

They weren't forced to use the timeout. Some time would have been burned, but not the entirety of the play clock. By wasting it there they guaranteed SF could use the entirety of the play clock on one of the their downs and the remaining time absent a successful onside kick.

Running it was bad, wasting the time out was coaching malpractice. It allowed SF to kneel it out when you could have ran a quick play on O rather than burning the TO.

Burning that TO made the other two TOs worthless.
Divining Rod
When Dan learns that kicking a FG is not the same as not believing in your team, then he'll be a complete coach.

You really pass on Being up 17 pts w 20 min left? That's an insult to both your O AND your D.
Divining Rod
And why do you not call 2 plays at the goal line and save yiur 3 timeouts? You hold them on D and you have maybe 30 seconds to get in FG range.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.