Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Final AP Poll: tu #3 over Georgia at #4?

12,626 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Agryan00
Onionman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
William K. Klingaman
A loony sip friend has stuck to his "we won the head to head against Bama" argument this entire playoff. I asked him how then can Georgia jump Bama at the end. No response.
Gyles Marrett
That game wouldn't go well for sip.

No one remembers who finished 3rd or 4th on random years so let the AP fawn over them. Who cares.
AgBandsman
AG
Georgia looks like the second best team in the country that lost to a Nick Saban coached team that had a really good day.
Onionman
By tu logic, in 2012 we should have been ranked #1. Only team to beat Bama.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
it doesn%92t really matter but only tu ends up ranked ahead of georgia as the scenario played out. every team that lost dropped in ranking except for texas.

but there is no texas bias.
Onionman
So get this it's week 13 and Georgia is ranked #1 and tu is ranked #7 in the AP poll.

Both teams play 2 more games and both go 1-1.

Georgia falls 3 spots while tu climbs 4 spots.

Joes
Onionman said:

What do you mean by "tu logic"? The schools don't rank themselves, you know? Take it up with the voters and ask them.

This is why the "overrated" chants at games have always been so stupid. The overrated team is not in control or at fault for where they're ranked.
William K. Klingaman
Onionman said:

So get this it's week 13 and Georgia is ranked #1 and tu is ranked #7 in the AP poll.

for tu beating weak-ass Okie State and Georgia losing my 3 in the SEC Championship.

Last night could have been an epic game between UGA and UM.
Lake08
William K. Klingaman said:

A loony sip friend has stuck to his "we won the head to head against Bama" argument this entire playoff. I asked him how then can Georgia jump Bama at the end. No response.

I wouldn't be so quick talking sheat about the final rankings to a tu fan….
William K. Klingaman
Joes said:

Onionman said:

What do you mean by "tu logic"? The schools don't rank themselves, you know? Take it up with the voters and ask them.

This is why the "overrated" chants at games have always been so stupid. The overrated team is not in control or at fault for where they're ranked.

That's his point, sip.
Joes

Joes said:

Onionman said:

That's his point, sip.
Oh no, I've been accused of drinking tea!!!!!!!! How will I go on???

Shoefly!
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

That game wouldn't go well for sip.

No one remembers who finished 3rd or 4th on random years so let the AP fawn over them. Who cares.

It's for next year, they're giddy over there.
Gyles Marrett
Onionman said:

To be fair, by the end of that year I don't think there's a team in the country that would have beat us. But that's not how rankings work.

That also took a generational player which sip does not have.
Frank Grimes
AG
Onionman said:

I buy that logic for 2012 only.
LB12Diamond
AG
Onionman said:

LOL

AP is such a joke
LB12Diamond
AG
Why are you here?

You are just another sip wasting their time here stating BS sip logic. Why do you think anyone on here wants to hear that or cares about it. You just do what I already envision of Texas fans. Smell your farts all day.

At least Plano guy gets it and makes fun joking posts on here.

But sip arrogance just has no clue.
Hungry Ojos
Onionman said:

Un-effing real. I firmly believe that Georgia would easily handle Michigan if they played next week. Georgia vs tu would almost be criminal.
mustang1234
AgBandsman said:

Georgia looks like the second best team in the country that lost to a Nick Saban coached team that had a really good day.
LUCKY DAY
William K. Klingaman
Hungry Ojos said:

Onionman said:

Un-effing real. I firmly believe that Georgia would easily handle Michigan if they played next week. Georgia vs tu would almost be criminal.

But but the sips beat Bama who beat Georgia!

Never mind that sip lost their only rival game to a terrible OU team.
William K. Klingaman
Remember in the not so distant past when sip would lose to OU, but the bowl committees would always say "but that was early in the season"?

That's mysteriously not how they think anymore when it comes to sip beating an unhinged Bama team in week 2.
LB12Diamond
AG

Hungry Ojos said:

Onionman said:

Heck

Bama should be above Texas. Took Michigan to OT. Michigan beats the team rather easily that controlled the game against Texas. All this, the final two weeks.
schmellba99
AG
I hate to remotely agree with anything tu....but the way the polls end up is absolutely stupid.

Team A plays Team B for the national championship, where the winner is the champion. By default, the loser should be #2 - because in a game that the winner is the champ, the loser is automatically 2nd best if you apply any form of logic.

The argument would be which is the better team between the losers of the first round. In this case, there is a head to head to go back to, even if it is at the beginning of the season. But both teams have identical records, both teams have conference championships, both team lost in the first round of the "playoff"...and both teams played each other.

It should be:

#1 - Michigan
#2 - Washington
#3 - tu homos
#4 - Alabama

*that is strictly based off of the playoff teams. I still contend that UGA should not have been dropped from #1 to #6 simply because they barely lost in a CCG to Alabama, which was a 1 loss team. UGA was #1 all season, a close loss in the title game should not have warranted such a punishment as it did.
Loyalty
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Why are you here?

You are just another sip wasting their time here stating BS sip logic. Why do you think anyone on here wants to hear that or cares about it. You just do what I already envision of Texas fans. Smell your farts all day.

At least Plano guy gets it and makes fun joking posts on here.

But sip arrogance just has no clue.

Why is he here? It's what they do. There is literally no other fan base in America more insecure and concerned with what others think of them than sip. They can't stand it when everyone else doesn't buy into their own "superiority" narrative they've created for themselves.

William K. Klingaman
LB12Diamond said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Onionman said:

Heck

Bama should be above Texas. Took Michigan to OT. Michigan beats the team rather easily that controlled the game against Texas. All this, the final two weeks.

Yep. Using sip laws of transitive property you are absolutely correct. The top 4 should have been:

Michigan
Washington
Bama
Georgia
PeekingDuck
AG
They lost. Who gives a *****
LB12Diamond
AG
Well I guess they have a miserable existence bc no one buys into it.

They need to just stay on On3 and specific ESPN people to help live in their own reality.
Bigun57
And Texas looks like the #3 team in the country that lost to a Washington team that had a really good day....can we all just get over it?
Fatboy Thaddeus
Let's not forget this when they finish next year unranked after getting dieseled by the SEC. You can bet one of their 8-figure QB recruits will bear the blame.
Bigun57
He's probably here to laugh at all ya'll that post about sips all day every day....it's like we don't have our own team to worry about
Loyalty
AG
Bigun57 said:

He's probably here to laugh at all ya'll that post about sips all day every day....it's like we don't have our own team to worry about

Lol, the only thing worse are the sips who are on "not our real rival" website looking for affirmation every. Single. Day.

We laugh at them cause it's fun. They are like the Joe dirt guy in high school who thought he was hot driving his old 70's Camaro sporting a mullet. But can't accept that nobody else feels the same about him.
TXAG 05
AG
Texags: "National championship is the only thing that matters. Rankings are stupid!"

Also Texags: "Arrrgghh! Can't believe what they ranked this team!!"
Aggie Apotheosis
TXAG 05 said:

Texags: "National championship is the only thing that matters. Rankings are stupid!"

Yup. I'm all for a good sip bashing, but it looks kind of stupid when they just finished their season with a higher AP ranking than we have in all but one year, and that was back when the Germans were wreaking havoc in Europe.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
We have been better than the sips every year from 2012 thru 2021. The Germans were doing anything to Europe then. We finished 3rd in the final pole in 2020.

Funny thing if the sips are favored over Georgia when they play 1'week after ou hands the sips their 2nd or 3rd loss
Of 2024. Maybe Ewes will be Benched for the manning nephew by then
Divining Rod
TXAG 05 said:

I get a kick how some posters refer to "Texags" as if it is NOT a community of thousands and thousands of people from all walks, including the faux-aggie t-sips, with differing opinions, differing styles, different peeves and prejudices. and with a constantly changing membership.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.