Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Walter Nolen update.

28,501 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by milinirv
StinkyPinky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ClearlyJustSomeAg said:

Will this bring some of y'all back from the ledge?

Hopefully it will prevent the negative juveniles from saying stupid things like he isn't very good, etc. because their feelings are hurt that he may go somewhere else. Grow a pair and wish him the best if he does. I hope like hell that he stays.
txag72
AG
How can colleges possibly negotiate 70 or 80 separate contracts every year, plus recruit and negotiate some more? So nuts.
Outrigger
Greetings said:

cs69ag said:

Reportedly his parents were paid some $$$ in the original recruiting derby

Elko indicated he was interested in players who want to be at Texas A&M
It will take $$$ for the better players. Have not idea where Elko's cut off line is.
May be hard to judge sincerity v highest bid
What role does Elko play in distributing available funds?

I imagine we are on the tu plan now. Elko just tells the Aggie moneyball collective what player and they take care of getting him what he wants.
Rockdoc
AG
txag72 said:

How can colleges possibly negotiate 70 or 80 separate contracts every year, plus recruit and negotiate some more? So nuts.

Yeah and it's ruining college football.
oldschool87
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

Walter, as someone who transferred to A&M for college, trust me. It is a pain in the ass to transfer. It's easier to stay at Texas A&M.
You think Walter fills out any paper work????
Muy
AG
Rockdoc said:

txag72 said:

It needs to burn to the ground before real change happens.
BMX Bandit
txag72 said:

Colleges aren't negotiating any of these contracts
BMX Bandit
Muy said:

Rockdoc said:

txag72 said:

"Real change" isn't going to be players not getting paid. That genie is out of the bottle.

Rockdoc
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Muy said:

Rockdoc said:

txag72 said:

"Real change" isn't going to be players not getting paid. That genie is out of the bottle.

Oh it's never going back but hopefully in a few years it'll be regulated more closely. Money money money.
Muy
AG
I didn't realize that the SC decided that no organization can have any regulations around NIL.
RARay
AG
Rockdoc said:

BMX Bandit said:

Muy said:

Rockdoc said:

txag72 said:

Oh it's never going back but hopefully in a few years it'll be regulated more closely. Money money money.

It can't be regulated by the NCAA. It's not the schools or athletic departments paying the players. I guess if you think there's wide-scale fraud that the SEC could crack down on then that's a possibility, but I doubt it.
spherical
AG
dreyOO said:

I have a well connected Tenn alum that thinks they have him. We'll see how good his sources are.

Get as much info about how he knows and yoi should turn in his source. Since he hasn't entered the portal yet, there is technically no way he should know that.
fightintxaggie10
AG
So there's people that are saying Walter is using ERoB leaving as leverage to get more money? What are we saying here? Like Elko said, we're going to have to figure out who really wants to be at A&M and who is just chasing money. They'll have to decide if they can let him go and get another guy that appreciates what he has at A&M in the portal
aggiepaintrain
AG
Big Walt wants to stay, we want him to stay.
I bet we work it out
DGrimesAg92
Rockdoc said:

txag72 said:

Ruining?

It's already ruined.
rootube
AG
txag72 said:

If we don't have donors well versed in negotiating hundreds of contracts I'd be pretty disappointed. Paying players is not landing a rocket on the moon. You either have money or you don't.
45-70Ag
AG
So now we're saying the way things are is unsustainable?
Bigdaddycigar
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

So there's people that are saying Walter is using ERoB leaving as leverage to get more money? What are we saying here? Like Elko said, we're going to have to figure out who really wants to be at A&M and who is just chasing money. They'll have to decide if they can let him go and get another guy that appreciates what he has at A&M in the portal

No doubt this a money play. He's letting donors know he's not playing around in that he wants more NIL money. He's been flexing this all year. He may leave if another program offers substantially more than we do but it's all about NIL money.
Sq 17
Ginormus Ag said:

Walter, as someone who transferred to A&M for college, trust me. It is a pain in the ass to transfer. It's easier to stay at Texas A&M.
Only a hassle if you have to do all the paperwork yourself ( he doesn't)
Not a hassle if you do not care about getting a degree ( he doesn't)
strbrst777
TexasLeaguer
AG
Gig em, Walter!
90ags
Hope he stays! Sipper employees think they have their hooks in them already as their top DL priority (but prob so does 100 other schools) and they think he's coming to them w chance to be in the NC convo annually.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
Onionman
Really hope he stays. He is only getting better and is already very good.

Under Elko he will become unstoppable.
Andrew Dufresne
Bigdaddycigar said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

No doubt this a money play. He's letting donors know he's not playing around in that he wants more NIL money. He's been flexing this all year. He may leave if another program offers substantially more than we do but it's all about NIL money.

Username checks out
KCup17
AG
At what point can we claim tampering?
Slicer97
AG
What good would that do?

Tampering has been going on for a long time and it never gets punished if the tampering is done by a big brand school.
2thFixinAg
if a player comes here and one of the main reasons is because he's paid more. Then we can't be mad if they transfer to get more from the next "collective". it's just business. and business, aka more money, will almost always trump loyalty.
KCup17
AG
At some point there needs to be rules and regulations put in place for this. If enough schools start to claim tampering and it's proven then we might begin to see some regulation of the portal and NIL.

But then that's assuming that the NCAA isn't a toothless organization that caters to big brand schools that line their pockets.
infinity ag
SBISA Victim said:

"leaning"... blah.

This is drama queen behavior. Just go to the Portal or do not go. Why all this drama? This seems to be the case with this social media generation where every effin thought they get in their brains need to be broadcast.
StinkyPinky
AG
infinity ag said:

SBISA Victim said:

"leaning"... blah.

This is drama queen behavior. Just go to the Portal or do not go. Why all this drama? This seems to be the case with this social media generation where every effin thought they get in their brains need to be broadcast.
While I agree with you, it is unfortunately the new reality and won't be changing. So we need to figure out how to deal with it rather than just a 'fk you' mandate then. That won't be productive.
infinity ag
StinkyPinky said:

infinity ag said:

SBISA Victim said:

"leaning"... blah.

While I agree with you, it is unfortunately the new reality and won't be changing. So we need to figure out how to deal with it rather than just a 'fk you' mandate then. That won't be productive.

Yes, I agree with you. We definitely need to figure out a way to work with this situation.
Gyles Marrett
infinity ag said:

StinkyPinky said:

infinity ag said:

SBISA Victim said:

"leaning"... blah.

Yes, I agree with you. We definitely need to figure out a way to work with this situation.
I think the biggest issue is not that players can demand more money, it's that this is entirely a much more one sided on the side of players situation compared to professional sports. Sure an NFL player can demand a new contract, more money, etc. and sit out if he wants but he's under contract and can't just leave and go pick a new team who want's to pay him until he's a free agent. We don't have that in college athletics. Every year they can make new demands. The only restriction is that once they do transfer they can't again until they graduate. But they can make the realistic threat every offseason until they do decide to transfer.
QB1
AG
time for an NIL INCENTIVE based deal? Pay Walt a few mil base, then the following:

sack $100
QB pressure $100
TFL $100

LET$$$$$$$$$$$ GOOOOOOOO
AgBQ-00
AG
pay for performance is about the only thing that is not allowed
Emilio Fantastico
AG
You are missing one or two zeros on you payments.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.