Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Do we like Sean Spencer?

9,857 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Ag1985
StinkyPinky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Slicer97 said:

FarmerJohn said:

Everything except offer him the DC position, apparently.
Given our HC's track record as a DC, I'm willing to bet there's a reason for that.

And, pure speculation on my part by the way, the conversation could've gone something like:

Elko: ERob, you're a helluva DL coach, but I don't think you're quite ready to call a defense in the SEC. So, you've got two options. Stay here and be the highest paid position coach in the land. Or, go to work for your buddy and cut your teeth at DC in a more forgiving spot. If you do well, I'll be calling you back over here when my DC leaves for a HC job in a few years.

Another overly sensible comment. Stop this non-sense or you'll ruin the zoo's reputation and make us sound reasonable and intelligent.
GoldenGun00
AG
Sbisa Chef said:

He may be "the name" for the defensive line, but I don't like this hire. He will be gone next year. Take a look at his history and where he's been. He's either really expensive and schools can only afford him for a year, or he's a bad coach who doesn't have any long tenure anywhere. Most coaching stops are only for a year.

Chaos will be "Kay-see you later" next year.
He was on James Franklin's original staff at Vanderbilt in 2011 and stayed with Franklin for 9 years, then jumped to the NFL for 2 seasons. That decade+ doesn't really support your theory.

I have no idea what happened with him at Florida. I do know that he was extremely well thought of while at Vanderbilt, both as a recruiter and as the fiery coach that got the team hyped up for games, and Penn State folks seemed to have liked him, too.
cs69ag
AG
The MAIN thing that counts is ELKO likes him and hired him!
Muy
AG
Are we going to have some type of giant gold chain the D players wear if we get a turnover?

If so, in!
Captain Awesome
My UF insider said it was hard to tell if he was anything because the DC is all over the place. Said he was a good recruiter but that they had lost a few D-line commits recently but didn't think it was on him.

Hope that clears it up.
Jesus loves tacos!
Captain Awesome
Muy said:

Are we going to have some type of giant gold chain the D players wear if we get a turnover?

If so, in!
Can confirm, the gator head is not included.
Jesus loves tacos!
WolfCall
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Why the frowning face. Geeze

We gave E Rob a great offer. He left

You move on.

The people on F5 can't shift gears fast enough. We were all told by TexAgs F5 HQ that it was absolutely essential we keep E Rob. Now F5 HQ has told us all to move on ....., there is no crisis with E. Rob's departure to a University that has Orange as a primary color.

Ag1985
Why is he called Coach Chaos?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.