Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sark

15,532 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by conservativehorn
Aggie Dad Sip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AGinHI said:

Aggie Dad Sip said:

Texas is 12-1. A&M is 7-5. Woulda, coulda and shoulda don't mean *****
Aggie Dad Sip

You're quite the conundrum.

It's just a matter of being a Texas fan all my life and then having my kid go to A&M. I try to be as objective as possible because I want both teams to do well.

And honestly I think FSU deserved to be in the playoff over Texas. I don't think there's any national conspiracy on Texas' behalf. I just think the committee got it wrong.
R E L
AG
Artorias said:

Just win

Yup, and they should keep their sorry asses in the BDF. Since the committee clearly thinks that's a better conference than the ACC.

nomadic_ag
AG
Blame culture is the worst. Let's hope our higher ups, coaches, and athletes aren't blaming others for our lack of success. It's so disempowering.
Cromagnum
AG
Artorias said:

Just be a blue blood team

FIFY
fightintxaggie10
AG
Don't care got Jimbo.

Seriously, Texas isn't as good as Bama or Georgia. It'll work itself out, unfortunately Georgia isn't in the picture.
rootube
AG
I see a $76M dollar buyout in his future. Nice job Sark!
Stone44
AG
Aggie said:

So many of our fans

1996-2011 Big 12 was such a strong conference, best football

2012- now - big 12 is incredibly weak, we would win it every year

SMC you friggin troll

Ramdiesel
Aggie said:

So many of our fans

So true...LOL! A lot of people forget those "weak" Big 12 teams had some pretty decent football coaches through the years..Gundy, Patterson, Briles, Snyder, Stoops, Riley, Leach, etc. How do you think Jimbo would have stacked up against them in the Big 12?
Actual Talking Thermos
Aggie Dad Sip said:

AGinHI said:

Aggie Dad Sip said:

Aggie Dad Sip

It's just a matter of being a Texas fan all my life and then having my kid go to A&M. I try to be as objective as possible because I want both teams to do well.

And honestly I think FSU deserved to be in the playoff over Texas. I don't think there's any national conspiracy on Texas' behalf. I just think the committee got it wrong.
The conspiracy was they wouldn't leave the SEC out no matter what. So Bama had to be in, and Bama couldn't be in over Texas due to the head to head, so Texas had to be in. Bama effectively took two spots. If Georgia won it would've been UGA, Michigan, Washington, FSU and they wouldn't have struggled too much with leaving Texas out.
v1rotate92
AG
Its all perfect...This will be Jimbo contract extension debacle 2.0. He will get a huge contract then go 8-4 in the SEC year after year...Then mysteriously go missing on a deep sea fishing trip.
Showstopper
AG
Like him now, just wait until you see him after dark.
Artorias
AG
v1rotate92 said:

Its all perfect...This will be Jimbo contract extension debacle 2.0. He will get a huge contract then go 8-4 in the SEC year after year...Then mysteriously go missing on a deep sea fishing trip.
Sark is a better coach than Jimbo
Sparkie
AG
Aggie Dad Sip said:

If the Big 12 is so terrible, why did A&M only win it once in 15 years?
how many championships has the SEC won in the last 20 years? And b12?
WolfCall
AG
Sparkie said:

Aggie Dad Sip said:

If the Big 12 is so terrible, why did A&M only win it once in 15 years?
how many championships has the SEC won in the last 20 years? And b12?

How many different SEC and B12 teams have gone the CFP and championship game over the years?
Gunny456
AG
It was all in the plan. That's why Sark went to Texas to begin with. Do we really think he did not have some prior knowledge that Texas would be in the SEC when he took the job? If we don't acknowledge that we are truly naive.
Aggie Apotheosis
Artorias said:

Just win

It really is that simple, isn't it? Nothing the sips do has any bearing on anything if we just win.
PA24
AG
nightmare, no other way to describe this
Gunny456
AG
No Texas grad wants to ever admit that Texas politicians are what really drives Texas… been that way for decades.
Gaius Julius Bevo
Gunny456 said:

It was all in the plan. That's why Sark went to Texas to begin with. Do we really think he did not have some prior knowledge that Texas would be in the SEC when he took the job? If we don't acknowledge that we are truly naive.

Sark was actually asked that by a reporter. He claims he had no insight about any SEC move. I tend to believe it. That is not anything you tell someone not even on staff.

Sark did say he knew he would be a head coach again, but he waited for an opportunity where he could win championships instead of just any job that was available.
Gunny456
AG
Yep. Just win… just hope you don't lose your starting QB…or else a committee will decide you can't compete.
Gunny456
AG
Well of course he is going to say that.
72jag
AG
Our first big booboo was Jimbo's contract. The other one was letting tu into the SEC. Sharp and the BOR all approved both of them.
Gaius Julius Bevo
Gunny456 said:

Well of course he is going to say that.
He was hired in Jan 2021. Herman fired in early Dec of 2020. Texas announced their SEC move in June 2021.

I think if anyone in the Texas AD clued Sark in that an SEC move was impending would have been AFTER his hire - and certainly negotiations between Texas and SEC would have well pre-dated Sark even being a thought in Chris Del Conte's or Kevin Eltife's heads. Again, this is not anything you leak to someone not in the fold. Loose lips sink ships - or something like that. I mean you see that A&M barely learned about the Texas/OU move until days before the announcement from league offices.
Sip du jour
The SEC ****ed you guys over and you shouldn't keep worshipping the league. I hate the SEC and won't be getting all excited about what another team in the conference accomplishes.
The Big 12 was 2-1 against the SEC this year, btw.
I'm hoping your affection for this conference comes to an end as they didn't care about you and the coat tailing was ridiculous.
Sark makes like 6 mill a year. We may bump him but it won't be some sort of an impossible contract. A&M is a great job, not sure why you need to overpay
Gaius Julius Bevo
Sip du jour said:

Sark makes like 6 mill a year. We may bump him but it won't be some sort of an impossible contract. A&M is a great job, not sure why you need to overpay
Oh, I bet he gets at least a $9 million a year contract. Raises for all the assistants too. We need to keep Bo Davis and Kyle Flood for sure.
90ags
Heard he's no longer drunk....miracles.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
ABATTBQ11
AG
W said:

the Big 12 produces a "pop up" champion every year

this year it was the sips

last year it was TCU

2 years ago it was Baylor

this is not uncommon in a bad league

So a "good" league has the same champion all the time? How is that supposed to work?
Sbisa Chef
Can't wait to throttle the sips 59-0 to show them how bad of a conference the Big 12 really is, and maybe they'll want to crawl back into the bhutthole they crawled out of.
Joes
Sip du jour said:

The SEC ****ed you guys over and you shouldn't keep worshipping the league. I hate the SEC and won't be getting all excited about what another team in the conference accomplishes.
The Big 12 was 2-1 against the SEC this year, btw.
I'm hoping your affection for this conference comes to an end as they didn't care about you and the coat tailing was ridiculous.
Totally agreed. Me too. All I see are targets, not friends. This whole SEC pride thing seems to come from the lower half which leeches off the top. It's essentially "You can't make fun of me because my powerful dad will beat you up!". I really don't think Alabama and Georgia give a crap about sticking their chest out more when Kentucky wins a bowl or something.

F that. Just different enemies to me.
Joes
Sbisa Chef said:

Can't wait to throttle the sips 59-0 to show them how bad of a conference the Big 12 really is, and maybe they'll want to crawl back into the bhutthole they crawled out of.
You do realize that even with a decade head start Oklahoma and Texas will both win the SEC before A&M, right?
Crazy Ag 97
AG
deer corn said:

#Mke said:

That booger-eating buffoon just did at Texas in three years what A&M has failed to accomplish in 25 years.

It really is about to happen. Like clockwork.

Screw Snakey for allowing Texas to recruit as an SEC team for three years while playing a G5 schedule for three years.

Please post this when Texas wins an SEC conf championship. The Big 12 is garbage and has been for a long time.

Hate to tell you this, but Texas will win the SEC before we do.
Aggies2009
AG
AGinHI said:

Aggie Dad Sip said:

Aggie Dad Sip

Admitted his wife looked like Ms Piggy on Friday too. Weird.
monarch
S
Well we will see how good they are in a little bit less than 12 months.
Peace for Ukraine!
zafzo
Aggie said:

So many of our fans

There is some truth to this. There was a point from 2000 to 2009 where Texas, OU, Texh, Okie State, and Rape U(Baylor) were all very good.

It all started shifting to the SEC after Texas '05 but Big XII was still good and didn't really tank until A&M left.
Gaius Julius Bevo
zafzo said:

Aggie said:

So many of our fans

There is some truth to this. There was a point from 2000 to 2009 where Texas, OU, Texh, Okie State, and Rape U(Baylor) were all very good.

It all started shifting to the SEC after Texas '05 but Big XII was still good and didn't really tank until A&M left.
The Big 12 absolutely used to be the best football conference. Nebraska, OU, Texas, KState, A&M all spent a lot of time in the top 10.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.