Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

48 years...

6,431 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Bassinagfan
DrSocrates
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SEE YA NEXT YEAR!
tk for tu juan
Sharpshooter said:

tk for tu juan said:

Sharpshooter said:

This is music? Sorry, give me Zepplin or Floyd.

If they had a song titled "You Need to Calm Down", I would have posted it. But I do not see it in my Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd CDs
You don't have Zepplin or Floyd CD's, fraud.

How much are you willing to risk on that? **** slap?
rsf0626
Artorias said:

Losing to Bama with a backup QB... odd choice for the final straw.

It should be the final straw. If we cant beat bama when theyre at their lowest, when will we beat them?
Burnsey
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

Meh. I can't quit them.
Username does NOT check out.
McAg99
AG
Okay, since I'm the problem, tell me what I specifically can do? Better yet tell me what you are doing since you have the winner's mentality so to speak? I'd like to know, honestly, what do you do that can change things in the football program? And don't say gripe and b**** on texags, because that wiill change nothing .Let's hear it, he or she who possesses a winner mentality, enlighten me
The Porkchop Express
AG
McAg99 said:

People alot smarter than you will get it figured out,
Who are they?
Do they work for the university?
Cuz I sure ain't ever seen them.
Whirligigs
McAg99 said:

Fairweather fans leave. Fk y'all. Sick of reading your entitled b*******. Our team played their ass off, Max Johnson got the s*** knocked out of him today and he still stepped up to the plate. I don't know why you think you deserve this or that or a coach to do this or that in year three four or five or whatever, but step on over to Austin and be a longhorn fan if that's the way you're going to be. Our coach has a number three recruiting class in the pipeline, regardless of how the season turns out and who else commits or who decommits, it's going to be a great class. If you can't support our team, eat a dk. Aggie fans are better than this, and they're different from other fans. No I'm not an overall wearing country boy, I wasn't in the Corp, I'm not an Aggie " meme "and I despise you people coming on here and being so Cavalier about what we need to do and not do. People alot smarter than you will get it figured out, so either be patient and represent and support your team or split. I for one won't miss you

You should probably run this subpar attempt at prose through chatGPT before displaying an Agtag.
Mule
AG
phatty26 said:

Mule said:

Dam I still live and die by these games it cuts deep when we blow these games. Is it too much to ask for one dam title
Apparently yes....it takes a toll over a lifetime.
Texas Aggies
Artorias
AG
rsf0626 said:

Artorias said:

It should be the final straw. If we cant beat bama when theyre at their lowest, when will we beat them?
We are unranked, have no running game, a backup QB, and a weak secondary. Bama may be weaker this year than recent years, but they are still elite, and will most likely be playing UGA once again for the SEC Championship.
TexasAggie81
Artorias said:

Not when it was a very winnable game.
PyriteAg
AG
4 said:

I envy you.

Some of us are alums and don't have a choice.

Supporting mediocrity is your choice, but at least have the decency to not gaslight other fans that genuinely want to to see change.
45-70Ag
AG
McAg99 said:

Fairweather fans leave. Fk y'all. Sick of reading your entitled b*******. Our team played their ass off, Max Johnson got the s*** knocked out of him today and he still stepped up to the plate. I don't know why you think you deserve this or that or a coach to do this or that in year three four or five or whatever, but step on over to Austin and be a longhorn fan if that's the way you're going to be. Our coach has a number three recruiting class in the pipeline, regardless of how the season turns out and who else commits or who decommits, it's going to be a great class. If you can't support our team, eat a dk. Aggie fans are better than this, and they're different from other fans. No I'm not an overall wearing country boy, I wasn't in the Corp, I'm not an Aggie " meme "and I despise you people coming on here and being so Cavalier about what we need to do and not do. People alot smarter than you will get it figured out, so either be patient and represent and support your team or split. I for one won't miss you

Clown
92Ag95
AG
eATMup-Reveille
Only Fans Director said:

T-shirt aggies marked. Carry on.

Those of you that think "T- shirt" fans are bad simply means you're ignorant to their value. Revenue to A&M as well as advertising from non-graduates is valuable.
OilManAg91
AG
Now picture the Ags having another mediocre season next year plus losses to t.u and OU. It will be an unmitigated disaster. This game was our opportunity to break the mold from the past. That is why everybody is rightfully freaking out.

t.u. beat Bama, OU beat t.u, and we can't beat Bama at home. The future is very dark indeed.
Rongagin71
AG
Epic meltdown attempted but really all is stuff I've heard a million times.
Except the idea that Jimbo is deliberately losing big games in order to get fired and collect his multimillion payout...that was amusing.
txaggieacct85
AG
You taking up knitting?
Loco84
AG
Rongagin71 said:

Except the idea that Jimbo is deliberately losing big games in order to get fired and collect his multimillion payout...that was amusing.
Early retirement with a huge financial reward? Why is that amusing?
Rongagin71
AG
Loco84 said:

Rongagin71 said:

Early retirement with a huge financial reward? Why is that amusing?
I enjoy fantasies, big fan of Tolkien, Dunsany, and Vance.
As for Jimbo, he gave reasons for everything he did - for instance not calling time out and going for a score just before the half was because Alabama still had 3 timeouts so was dangerous in Jimbo's rather poosy opinion.
RightWingConspirator
AG
These losses no longer bother me much. This is who we are. This is who we've always been. This is who we will always be. No sense wasting time on it. I'll follow the game on an app. Once I see we're losing, I close the app and go on with the rest of my day. The fun(ny) part of this football team is to see the gnashing of teeth afterwards when we inevitably drop the ball again. It's like clockwork.

"Next year, guys!" "Are we the best two-loss team in the country?"
"But it is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement." - Thomas J. Stanley
Max Power
AG
45-70Ag said:

It's what it is. I'm 43 and class of '02. Once it cools off in the fall, A&M football is always on but I'm outside doing something. I'll watch it but it doesn't impact me like it use to.

If we win, great and if we lose, it happens.

Same here, our freshman class was the last one to see A&M win a conference title in football, 25 long years ago.
DimebagsGhost
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

McAg99 said:

Fairweather fans leave. Fk y'all. Sick of reading your entitled b*******. Our team played their ass off, Max Johnson got the s*** knocked out of him today and he still stepped up to the plate. I don't know why you think you deserve this or that or a coach to do this or that in year three four or five or whatever, but step on over to Austin and be a longhorn fan if that's the way you're going to be. Our coach has a number three recruiting class in the pipeline, regardless of how the season turns out and who else commits or who decommits, it's going to be a great class. If you can't support our team, eat a dk. Aggie fans are better than this, and they're different from other fans. No I'm not an overall wearing country boy, I wasn't in the Corp, I'm not an Aggie " meme "and I despise you people coming on here and being so Cavalier about what we need to do and not do. People alot smarter than you will get it figured out, so either be patient and represent and root for our team until then or split. I for one won't miss you

People with your mentality are the problem with A&M sports. This program has issues. You say that people a lot smarter than us will get it figured out. It obviously hasn't happened. Until A&M gets more cutthroat in everything they do in sports, they will never win anything.

Not sure how rooting for your school is the problem exactly? Winning is hard. You don't just get titles for spending more money. **** has to go your way. I'd say losing a talented Qb this season was as big a setback as any team could Have. Stuff happens.

You gotta get lucky to win. Dollars don't win
The Real Napster
Might as well just change our name from Texas A&M to Texas 7&5
halfastros81
AG
Op has been a loyal fan for 48 yrs and this game put you over the cliff? Why this one?

I started paying attention in 1975 and have been dialed in since my fish yr in 1977 so I'll take credit for 48 years of Aggie football fandom as well. I'm never going to be able to give up . It doesn't mean it dominates my life or anything although I will admit i do plan Saturday's
In the fall around it.

Some of the last words out of my mouth at death are likely to be …."Wait'll Next Year!". I own it.
Bassinagfan
wangus12 said:

Lol he'll be back posting on this board by next weekend, especially if we lose to Tennessee
Oh, we're going to lose to Tennessee in the most Jimbo way possible, that's what he does.
Formerly Known as Powerstroke Ag
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.