Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ummm. this team wins the SEC west

9,619 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Sarge 91
rsf0626
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I guess OP didnt learn his lesson after week 1
rsf0626
halfastros81
AG
Based on what op, scorching ULM? The SECW may be wide open but you have to beat good teams. Defense did adjust yesterday but that was also not even their season starting QB. We'll go as far as the defense takes us. . We will score points on everyone.
Bison
AG
OBJTEX said:

The whole schedule is wide open. Most hard games at home. 9-3 or 10-2. We win play in ATL in December.
Ah yes, I remember my first taste of really good bourbon...
Reno Hightower
I'd be more apt to believe that if the defense were more than just tacit resistance.
Houstonag
AG
I agree. Our end protection is terrible. Been that way for years. Our DEs do not protect laterally well and the corner gets blocked or diverted.
Agsrback12
You have to realize that South Carolina, Ole Miss, Tennessee, LSU, and even Bama with a new QB are very likely better than Miami.

Auburn and Arkansas are not gimme's.

Anytime you play defense the way urkin plays defense, you have a chance to get embarrassed.

It may not be all game long but at some point, they all discover that they have all day to throw and that he won't change much on the back end either.
budaag1
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

budaag1 said:

Damn, what game did y'all watch? I thought this team did exactly what it needed to do against a lower tier opponent. Good win and builds confidence. No record prediction…I'm just glad to see this team win in a dominating fashion.

Cool

Now did you watch the game where they got embarrassed by a team with an actual pulse?

Because that data point exists as well as the beating up on a horrible FCS team too
Are we still on game 2? What I saw was focus and improvement! I, unlike you, am looking forward to the rest of the season!
spherical
AG
rsf0626 said:

I guess OP is a sip rookie who paid for stars to troll you

FIFY
mncag
TAMUallen said:

4 said:

Unless Durkin is relieved of duty or forced to change his scheme, this won't happen.

But the talent is there to win it.

So damn frustrating

Damn straight, we have the best aggie defense in existence yet are at the bottom of defenses

Avg end and corner is our issue
Deputy Travis Junior
npoznanski said:

There still was not a consistent pass rush. Until this happens, we are not going to win anything.

Our pass defense (rush and coverage) sucks, but if you were gonna pick a year to field a legendarily bad pass defense, this would be it. 2/3 of the division can't complete a forward pass.

Kiffin and Ole Miss are going to put up video games numbers, though. Prepare Uranus for that one.
halfastros81
AG
Ole Miss had 250 yards passing and 299 rushing vs GT. Try to take one away and they take the other. That part is scary and I agree that's likely to be a rough day defensively. They actually look the best of
Anybody so far in the west.
Maroon Dawn
AG
budaag1 said:

Maroon Dawn said:

budaag1 said:

Damn, what game did y'all watch? I thought this team did exactly what it needed to do against a lower tier opponent. Good win and builds confidence. No record prediction…I'm just glad to see this team win in a dominating fashion.

Cool

Now did you watch the game where they got embarrassed by a team with an actual pulse?

Because that data point exists as well as the beating up on a horrible FCS team too
Are we still on game 2? What I saw was focus and improvement! I, unlike you, am looking forward to the rest of the season!

What?!?! They looked BETTER against a half dead Sun Belt team without a single player we'd extend an offer to than they did against a real P5 team?!?!?!

So all we have to do to keep "improving" is to keep playing progressively worse FCS and then maybe D3 teams instead of SEC schools?!?? Wow that's just crazy enough to work! We need to hire you on staff immediately!
GoodAg Paulie
AG
TAMUallen said:

I think if we win the rest of our games we probably win the national championship

I am sure they eould find a way to keep us out of the playoffs at 11-1 in place of a Pac12 team like Wash or Oregon or 1 loss tu/ou
spherical
AG
Hey you guys remember when we beat Bama and then went in a win streak for the rest of the season?
Maroon Dawn
AG
spherical said:

Hey you guys remember when we beat Bama and then went in a win streak for the rest of the season?

Hey you remember how it didn't matter at all because we lost to the MS teams and ended up 8-4 with no hardware because that's how A&M FB works?

Learn that lesson again for this year: Beating Bama doesn't matter if you still lose 4 other SECW games
big red dog
And the sip trolls go nuts. Lol
LatinAggie1997
AG
I will evaluate our chances after each game so that I look smart talking to myself about our chances.

One week at a time. I think this team can get better each week. My only reservation is Durkin.
Cromagnum
AG
AggDogg61 said:

Need a lot of improvement from
O-Line
D-Line
DB

This. It might be one thing to have a DL or an OL that is playing lights out, but we have neither right now.
spherical
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

spherical said:

Hey you remember how it didn't matter at all because we lost to the MS teams and ended up 8-4 with no hardware because that's how A&M FB works?

Learn that lesson again for this year: Beating Bama doesn't matter if you still lose 4 other SECW games

Oh yea, that Ol Miss was right about when your internet connect started working again
Maroon Dawn
AG
spherical said:

Maroon Dawn said:

spherical said:

Oh yea, that Ol Miss was right about when your internet connect started working again

I didn't rub it in at all

You all need to learn not to ever think Aggie FB won't let you down on your own
Gilligan
AG
OP doesn't know football and / or watch the games objectively.
OBJTEX
Gilligan said:

No. I refuse to watch the Aggies assuming the worst. The SEC West is wide open. LSU is best team i guess but i am positive all the teams that seemed scary (Aub, AL, Tennessee) are meh at best. We win 'em all!
spherical
AG
Hamburger Dan
Ole Miss or LSU look like 1-A and 1-B, so far.
74AnimalA
AG
4 said:

Unless Durkin is relieved of duty or forced to change his scheme, this won't happen.

But the talent is there to win it.

So damn frustrating
Anyone remember the Wrecking Crew Special Defense that ONLY Had 1 D-Lineman?

Cr@p Load of LB's and guess which 1 was blitzing. Alignment doesn't mean ****. It's execution and fundamentals.
Justice Beaver
AG
Gilligan said:

True, because OP is a sip troll.
vander54
S
AggDogg61 said:

Need a lot of improvement from
O-Line
D-Line
DB

OL isn't horrible. Need to improve some but should as the year goes on.

DL is very good but we still need to figure out a pass rush.

DB I'm not sold one way or the other. They didn't play great against Miami but our scheme was bad. If we see the same against Auburn then we are in trouble. If we don't it's on to Arkansas.
World's worst proofreader
Sarge 91
AG
budaag1 said:

Too many penalties from the O Line. The only reason for multiple holding calls is…….

O Line is getting beat with speed by inferior opponents.

Basic O Line techniques. They stand straight up when the ball is snapped. Low man wins the line of attack, and we ain't the low man.

Why are we playing a strict 3 man front when we are stacked at D Line? Use your personnel strengths to your advantage.

DBs cannot be trusted with man coverage, so we cant bring QB pressure from the safety position.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.