Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ASU and Utah officially apply to the Big 12, Arizona is already approved

8,033 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Iowaggie
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Looks like the Big 12 just leaped on the Pac-12 carcass after the B1G ended it. So funny that the Big 12 has been trying to die for a decade and yet they'll easily be the 3rd best conference when it's all said and done. Is the ACC put on death watch?
Furlock Bones
AG
Wild turn of events for sure.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
if i am the big 12 i am adding these teams plus some. why not take cal and stanford as well get to 20 teams and become a super conference that spans from florida to california. why wait and be reactionary, i would be pro active and add a few additional teams.
misterguinness
AG
Oregon State, Wazzu, Stanford and Cal might as well join them.
2+2=5
BrandoC
AG
Oregon State and Washington State should join Big 10.
California should join Big 12.
Stanford should stay independent.
TexanJeff
AG
misterguinness said:

Is BIG holding to its AAU requirement? If so Stanford and Cal would be a good fit.

OSU and Wassu good fits for Big12 in terms of market expansion, etc. Hopefully still play their rivals.
Furlock Bones
AG
Big 10 doesn't want cal or Stanford. 1 maybe but certainly not both. They bring nothing.
AG
I hope Stanford and Cal's Godless carcasses are pushed out the back door and left on the roadside in the desert somewhere.
WaldoWings
hunter2012 said:

Looks like the Big 12 just leaped on the Pac-12 carcass after the B1G ended it. So funny that the Big 12 has been trying to die for a decade and yet they'll easily be the 3rd best conference when it's all said and done. Is the ACC put on death watch?

I'm actually quite excited about what the Big 12 has become. I know most Aggies hate Baylor but growing up so close to it and my mom being a Baylor grad, I have always kept up with them. This conference is interesting again and I don't have to resent it now because we aren't in it. And Texas' stench isn't going to pollute it any more.
West Point Aggie
AG
Remember when the churchy Texas schools would not be allowed in the progressive PAC…would be awesome to have cal and stanny have to suck it up and join the Mormons and baptists in the b12
Burpelson
Say what you want being in Central time zon and having Yormack at helm is a game changer for 12
CapCityAg89
AG
I'll say it. The B1G is overrated based on market size. This Big12 is clearly #2 football and might be #1 overall considering how completely dominant they'll be in basketball.
Furlock Bones
AG
Big 12 is a ridiculous basketball conference now. Actually throws a wrench into the ACC. They are not a great football conference. Now they are not the premier basketball conference. FSU and Clemson care about football. So they want to be in the premier football conferences. Duke is a basketball first school. UNC the same. But I think they want the football money.
TAMU74
AG
So is the Pac 12 no more?
NyAggie
AG
Big12 is going to be fun to follow now

Furlock Bones
AG
TAMU74 said:

So is the Pac 10 no more?

They currently have 4 members. And those members are Stanford, cal, Oregon st and Wazzou.

The pac is no more.
It Aint Easy Being Brown
Furlock Bones said:

TAMU74 said:

So is the Pac 10 no more?

They currently have 4 members. And those members are Stanford, cal, Oregon st and Wazzou.

The pac is no more.

So do these leftovers apply to mountain west?

Can't lie, I love seeing it happen to wsu after what they did to rolovich

Stanford & cal going down the drain is pretty great too

mmh
AG
Well...no more Oregon, Washington.
dannyv
AG
TexanJeff said:

misterguinness said:

Is BIG holding to its AAU requirement? If so Stanford and Cal would be a good fit.

OSU and Wassu good fits for Big12 in terms of market expansion, etc. Hopefully still play their rivals.

They let go of that when they let Nebraska in.
West Point Aggie
AG
dannyv said:

TexanJeff said:

misterguinness said:

Neb was AAU when they joined…lost it later…
Max Power
AG
BrandoC said:

Oregon State and Washington State should join Big 10.
California should join Big 12.
Stanford should stay independent.
I can't wait for those hippies from Berkley to take a trip to Lubbock. I still remember Aaron Rodgers running his mouth before they played Tech in a bowl game and it didn't work out so well for Cal.
Olsen
AG
So Stanford is going to wait to join the B1G if Notre Dame is inclined to? I feel like Stanford can only rely on ND to make a move.
Scientific
AG
I don't believe Stanford will get an invite from the B1G. ND is one thing but the S are nobodies in football and I doubt their alum care all much about sports anyway. Cal football is close to non-existant. They should join the Ivy League where the belong. Rice and Duke should follow.
dannyv
AG
West Point Aggie said:

dannyv said:

TexanJeff said:

misterguinness said:

Neb was AAU when they joined…lost it later…

Oh ok, my b.
BillYeoman
We don't need Stanford or Cal.

Time to look East.

I think some conferences are severely underestimating the Big 12' s current and future market capture.

We have Texas. The Big 10 doesn't have that.

I also lament what college football has become but the Big 12 is in good shape
West Point Aggie
AG
BillYeoman said:

Time to look East.

I think some conferences are severely underestimating the Big 12' s current and future market capture.

It is not at all surprising that the resurgence of the big 12 coincides with uterus leaving and no longer running the show.

They are, as we all know, a cancer

Ps: **** that cancer is now in the sec
rootube
AG
Burpelson said:

Say what you want being in Central time zon and having Yormack at helm is a game changer for 12

Yormack doesn't really get credit IMHO. The B10 took the four top teams and the B12 took the best of the leftovers. We know for sure that at least two of the three only went to the B12 after they had no other options.
ntxVol
You have to give him credit for negotiating a new media deal ahead of time. Most notably before the Pac12 went shopping.

That secured their future and put them in position to add these teams from the PAC.
Burpelson
He actually does because he leveraged/pivoted after tu and okie which gave 12 cash and then more leverage, he is a genius
Burpelson
Buyers ans sellers
Burpelson
Yormack bet on 12 and pac bet against
BillYeoman
West Point Aggie said:

BillYeoman said:

Time to look East.

It is not at all surprising that the resurgence of the big 12 coincides with uterus leaving and no longer running the show.

They are, as we all know, a cancer

Ps: **** that cancer is now in the sec

Not at all.
rancher1953
45-70Ag
AG
BillYeoman
I personally think the Big 10 jumped the shark. They are looking at past brands….not future real eye balls. Which will still reside in SEC/Big 12/ACC country.

The money will dry up based on their bet.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.