Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ASU and Utah officially apply to the Big 12, Arizona is already approved

8,030 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Iowaggie
Sponge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really don't want tceh fans parking outside my house when coming to SLC.
rancher1953
rancher1953
Artimus Gordon
Looks like we have college footballs version of musical chairs as programs find a place to light that is better than their current situation. Jump now or get run over!
PA24
AG
Texas would have been a perfect for that conference.
WoMD
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

if i am the big 12 i am adding these teams plus some. why not take cal and stanford as well get to 20 teams and become a super conference that spans from florida to california. why wait and be reactionary, i would be pro active and add a few additional teams.

What benefit would that bring? A couple hundred more viewers to your conference? Adding just to add is idiotic, especially when it's dead weight.
Ag Tag
Changes seem to be happening.
sharpdressedman
TAMU74 said:

So is the Pac 12 no more?
No longer "The Conference of Champions" or, perhaps, no longer a conference.
tx1c
AG
sharpdressedman said:

TAMU74 said:

No longer "The Conference of Champions" or, perhaps, no longer a conference.

No, Just rebranding to the PAC-4.
hunter2012
AG
He's going to leave USC high and dry too, Michigan and Ohio St will scare him off.
UTExan
Yormarck indicated two more possible additions to the Big 12. Wazzu and Oregon State? UConn plus Gonzaga (basketball only)?

He may be the smartest conference commissioner out there right now.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
jja79
AG
No may be about it. He turned a corpse into a living thing.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The additions of Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State, and Utah will bring the Big 12 to 16 teams. With Oregon, Washington, UCLA, and USC joining the Big 10, the Pac-12 has been destroyed. The remaining Pac-12 teams Cal, Stanford, Oregon State, and Washington State have a few options, but none will be pretty.

1. WSU, OSU and Cal join the Mountain West while Stanford alone goes the Independent route.

2. The quartet sticks together and attempts to reform the Pac-12 through expansion, using a handful of Mountain West schools and perhaps SMU (from the American Conference) as the building blocks.

3. One of many challenges with this strategy is the timing: It's unlikely the Pac-12 could add schools in time for the 2024 season because of logistical issues and exit fees in other conferences.

4. The schools move en masse into the Mountain West, creating a 16-team mega-conference under the leadership of current commissioner Gloria Nevarez.

At that point, the next step would be the media rights piece. The MW's current deal with Fox and CBS runs through 2026 and spins off an average of $4 million annually to each school.

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/cal-options-with-pac-12-gone
Sq 17
If the merger with the MWC happened could they still call it the PAC and keep the PAC media deal and slot in the playoff
45-70Ag
AG
If the pac had hired a competent commissioner when they hired Larry Scott, they would not be in this position. Why they hired him and the clown that's in the position now is a study in stupidity.

Those two guys destroyed a conference whose members didn't want to leave but were forced to.
Ugly
AG
Sq 17 said:

If the merger with the MWC happened could they still call it the PAC and keep the PAC media deal and slot in the playoff

I feel like everyone is forgetting that the autobids are for the "top 6 conference champions". Neither the Pac-12 nor any other conferences have a guaranteed autobids for their conference.
The Lost
BillYeoman said:

I personally think the Big 10 jumped the shark. They are looking at past brands….not future real eye balls. Which will still reside in SEC/Big 12/ACC country.

The money will dry up based on their bet.

Yeah it's gonna get messy with the west coast schools not getting paid as much as Rutgers and if everyone eventually gets a full share all will go down in $$
Divining Rod
So many off-base posts.

1. Cal and Stanford add a LOT and will end up Big 10.

2. Im happy for the B12, but all this talk about them being "clearly" the #3 conf is off base.

3. Anyone who thinks Cal would ever join the B12, well, bless your heart.

The Lost
Divining Rod said:

So many off-base posts.

1. Cal and Stanford add a LOT and will end up Big 10.

A lot of what? Communism? Hippies? Trees?

Nothing about this has to do with academics and neither of these schools care about football.
Divining Rod
you know, i could also argue AGAINST all my
points! ^
W
AG
this is more lipstick on a pig
Charlie 31
AG
TAMU74 said:

It's now the Pac 4.
45-70Ag
AG
https://pac-4.com/

Holy crap
WoMD
Divining Rod said:

you know, i could also argue AGAINST all my
points! ^

Well they're pretty easy points to argue against, but I suppose I'll give credit for playing devils advocate. Even if you're wrong.
West Point Aggie
AG
45-70Ag said:

Holy crap

Well done! They got a new camera…and the schedule is hilarious
Charlie 31
AG
45-70Ag said:

Holy crap
ROFL!!!
------------------------------------------------------------

PAC-4
Conference of Champions

Do You Have a TV Network?
Do you own a TV network, TV station, streaming service, YouTube channel, Twitch channel, or maybe an Instagram/TikTok/X account with, say, 5,000 followers or more and want to broadcast an NCAA conference on your channel? My name is George Kliavkoff and I'd love to chat.

Support Us On Patreon
Love the Pac-4 and want to keep it going? Consider a recurring gift on Patreon. It's fans like you who keep this conference going! You'll receive a link to the private Pac-4 Discord server, a link to any pictures people take of the games a day before they're published on our site, and your name at the end of our year-end highlight video. We're also thinking of starting a newsletter and, if we do, you'll be the first to hear about it. If we reach 5,000 subscribers, Cameron Ward will stream himself baking a lemon cake on stream just for our patrons!

EagleAg
AG
SEC should got get Washington State, Cal, Oregon State and Stanford. The road trips would be awesome!
West Point Aggie
AG
EagleAg said:

SEC should got get Washington State, Cal, Oregon State and Stanford. The road trips would be awesome!

That's dumb enough for simp skankey to try!! Don't give him any ideas!!
West Point Aggie
AG
How's Walton handling this? As someone in another forum said:

"There can't be enough weed on the entire West Coast to keep his brain numb while the "Conference of Champions" gets sold off like cheap TVs on Black Friday at a Pasadena Walmart."
Charlie 31
AG
West Point Aggie said:

"There can't be enough weed on the entire West Coast to keep his brain numb while the "Conference of Champions" gets sold off like cheap TVs on Black Friday at a Pasadena Walmart."
Nobody pays for televisions these days in Pasadena or anywhere else in lawless Cali. They just walk into Walmart and take them. Kinda like what the B1G and Big XII just did when they went into the Pac-12 and walked off with eight teams.
West Point Aggie
AG
Charlie 31 said:

West Point Aggie said:

Nobody pays for televisions these days in Pasadena or anywhere else in lawless Cali. They just walk into Walmart and take them. Kinda like what the B1G and Big XII just did when they went into the Pac-12 and walked off with eight teams.

That's a high quality point you make!
wisdom
AG
What will the BDF ultimately look like ?
Will the sips want back in ?
Iowaggie
AG
Iowaggie
AG
West Point Aggie said:

45-70Ag said:

Holy crap

Well done! They got a new camera…and the schedule is hilarious

The Pac-4 needs to just dive right in:

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.