Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Gameday Changes for 2024

12,182 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by aggiebrad94
lotoarmy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agz win said:

The empty track space is already bookmarked for the introduction of our new game day Fightin' Texas Aggie 12th Man Dance Pom Squad to work in tandem with the DJ.

As we become more woke, it will probably be drag queens!
Last of the Old Army
Hehateme1
I get there early, I slap hands with the team when they get off the busses. I holler at Jimbo, I go to the quad and watch them fire off the big gun and I enjoy "Step Off". Many opposing fan bases enjoy as well and many of them ask about the Corps parade.

I do somewhat agree about the stadium march in not having good return even though I love the heck out of it. As long as the Corps are marching around Kyle or the tailgating areas I think it is cool. If it makes it easier for the CT's to make it to pregame and kickoff I am OK with it.

I am not the boss of anything and do not pretend to be.
Agthatbuilds
Yall have convinced me. I posted earlier in this thread disagree with this idea, but, I think it appears no longer necessary.

It could be cool to re route it past the stadium and through aggie park or through campus or something similar.
Picadillo
This really sucks. From the wokeness March to Sully, the 5-7 season, and now this.
Sbisa Chef
BG Patrick R. Michaelis has lost his damn mind.

Bring back Ramirez!!
HallaronAg88
AG
Let's flood the field and let the NROTC guys re-create a famous naval battle. You know, like the Romans did in the Colosseum.
Proud member of the Class of '88. Gig'em!
HallaronAg88
AG
I just knew somehow this would come down to Tic Tacs.
Proud member of the Class of '88. Gig'em!
TwoTimeAg
AG
The Green Dragon said:

The athletic department hates our traditions. It's really that simple. They populated it with a bunch of Yankees and others that have zero relationship with our great university.
I remember Wally Groff telling anyone who would listen how much the Raggies at Olsen were an embarrassment and he was going to do all he could to eliminate them.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
It's kind of a ghost town inside Kyle when they March in. I think most people's experience of march-in occurs outside of Kyle.
West Point Aggie
AG
It has been close to a year since I last logged in…i'd forgotten how bitter and defeatist our fan base can be!
nomadic_ag
AG
West Point Aggie said:

It has been close to a year since I last logged in…i'd forgotten how bitter and defeatist our fan base can be!
And fully operate on slippery slopes.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
It's nice to see the focus within Kyle Field be on the Fightin' Texas Aggie football team
SpiderM85
AG
WTF
ColoradoMooseHerd
Know Your Enemy said:

Anyone *****ing about this should read this thread explaining why the decision was made and stop being whiny titty babies.

A lot of hot air on this thread, this decision was made by The Commandant
The Agly Duckling
ThunderFighter06 said:

This seems...odd...would like to know the justification...
Non-reg, here. I love Corps march-in, the only problem I've ever had was with the horse manure.

Can we keep march-in but solve that problem?
aggiebrad94
AG
So, in summary, instead of marching in front of a mostly empty stadium, the band and Corps will march around campus in front of actual people who will love seeing the tradition up close.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.