Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Gameday Changes for 2024

12,180 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by aggiebrad94
Aztec1948
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lord Goldeneyes said:

Aztec1948 said:

Brought to you by same folk that brought you "Power" by a known racist and then the highly profane "Bonfire" by Childesh Gambino....who calls the shots over there? Perplexing decisions at best, troubling perhaps.

Imagine this: instead of the March-In, we introduce a unique parade featuring alien aircraft developed right on campus.
How about simply march in, a decent song and team entrance? The et craft....many might find that troubling..down the line perhaps?
"I have been told that we have recovered technology that did not originate on this".-Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence-Chris Mellon

“Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe that unknown flying objects are nonsense.” Former CIA Director, Roscoe Hillenkoetter, public statement, 1960.
Showstopper
AG
Well, if senior boots get a whole bunch of horse **** all over the place, yeah, we probably should get rid of them.
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
rootube said:

After '24 the corps will be rowing into the stadium using the newly constructed lazy river. That's how you maximize game day experience people.

I approve this message. Obviously.
Sterling82
Showstopper said:

Well, if senior boots get a whole bunch of horse **** all over the place, yeah, we probably should get rid of them.

So they don't pick the crap up anymore I guess? It just lays there for weeks on end?
TAMUallen
AG
It's neat to see once.

Boom I said it.
Sterling82
Cromagnum said:

the_batman26 said:

"To maximize the game-day experience for all Aggies and visitors, the 2023 season marks the last season..."

What does this even mean??
it means "more time to put bull**** ads on the big screen".

I suspect this is correct. Ads plus blaring music.
Showstopper
AG
Sterling82 said:

Showstopper said:

So they don't pick the crap up anymore I guess? It just lays there for weeks on end?
two points: 1) seems like they always miss some and 2) it's not magic ****; some stays behind. Or maybe I just have an obscure superpower that allows me to see where horse **** was and it's actually invisible to everyone else?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Anyone *****ing about this should read this thread explaining why the decision was made and stop being whiny titty babies.

Robert L. Peters
The athletic department hates our traditions. It's really that simple. They populated it with a bunch of Yankees and others that have zero relationship with our great university.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
agz win
AG
Fans hang now at tailgates and stands are mostly empty so the March in will get more exposure to go to the fans.
TommyBrady
AG
My fav tradition is ags complaining about crap even though they have no idea of the actual facts and reasoning behind decisions. Just complaining to complain must be a fun time.
45-70Ag
AG
In five years, there won't be yells at games, you can just do that at midnight the night before.

It'll be the most choreographed and stale environment in all of college football.
GarryowenAg
AG
cavjock88 said:

Showstopper said:

Legit question from a non-reg: other than just liking horses, is there any real reason for the Cav to ride horses in march in? I mean, the US Army isn't riding around on horses anymore, so there's presumably no great military reason. And if Cav guys want to jack around at the stables, they could still do that and just march during march in like everyone else.

Basically, if you have a horse fetish, that's cool, but maybe we don't need to plop a whole bunch of horse **** all around the field just to feed your fetish.

Ceremonial unit there hot shot. See the 1st Cav ceremonial unit. Same thing here with PMC. Lots of military parade and other components are ceremonial. Maybe we should get rid of Senior boots too, because, yeah, the military no longer has a use for ridding boots.

As an old cav jock and current army officer, I want to point out that mounted units still exist in the military. In fact, there's a USMC course that is offered at the Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center that teaches service members of all branches how to survive in mountainous terrain while utilizing pack mules during movements. This is a bucket list course that I can only dream of attending. Needless to say, the military still trains on the uses of mules in combat environments.

https://www.29palms.marines.mil/mcmwtc/
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Just more proof that, with a full bar setup at the tailgate, I am the real Keeper of the Spirit(s).
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Maybe they should march around Kyle 7 times and then have the BQs blow their horns. Then we can start over with a symmetric stadium.
Whatsit2ya
AG
FTA '90 - didn't like March-in when I had to do it. The stadium was empty, and had to exit before games, then try to find your date or buddies to then have to go back and stand in line. Makes more sense to have a parade where folks can actually see the parade that would like to see it without going in the stadium an hour before the game. Tailgating has significantly changed the dynamics of the pre-game atmosphere.
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

Maybe they should march around Kyle 7 times and then have the BQs blow their horns. Then we can start over with a symmetric stadium.

Well done sir
Know Your Enemy
AG
The Green Dragon said:

The athletic department hates our traditions. It's really that simple. They populated it with a bunch of Yankees and others that have zero relationship with our great university.
agz win
AG
The empty track space is already bookmarked for the introduction of our new game day Fightin' Texas Aggie 12th Man Dance Pom Squad to work in tandem with the DJ.

12thMan9
AG
Sterling82 said:

Showstopper said:

They can put it in the middle of Kyle Field, our O doesn't go there so between the hash marks should grow well.
Ronnie '88
Aggie1188
fav13andac1)c said:

the_batman26 said:

"To maximize the game-day experience for all Aggies and visitors, the 2023 season marks the last season..."

What does this even mean??

It means let's destroy absolutely everything that's unique about A&M.
Can we get you seats down by the yell leaders. Maybe even make the yell leaders shirtless for you, since you're the type to think adding women to the sidelines with them in the form of a dance team or cheerleaders would be not tradition enough. Lmao
Aggie1188
agz win said:

The empty track space is already bookmarked for the introduction of our new game day Fightin' Texas Aggie 12th Man Dance Pom Squad to work in tandem with the DJ.

Hot woman? Ewww
Right?

I noticed in multiple home games last year on Tv that we did not have a single A&M girl shown on Tv until about 45 minutes into the game. And then only a few more times throughout the next 2-3 hours. Just constantly showed the dorky yell leaders and goofy-looking band.
Aggie1188
The Green Dragon said:

yell leader boy. Lmao. Probably against female cheerleaders too, right? The rest of us aren't in the closet enough to be against cheerleaders added to yell leaders on the sidelines
cajunaggie08
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Anyone *****ing about this should read this thread explaining why the decision was made and stop being whiny titty babies.

I havent seen an in-stadium march-in since I was a student and half of those times it was because my friend was pretty much a bootchaser. I only agreed since we were in 3rd deck half of the times and I wanted to make sure I got up there on time before the game. Since graduating I'm usually at a tailgate and I'm not going to rush in the stadium an hour early to watch the corps make a lap around.
Cheo
Some traditions are just lame?
goosespn
AG
I'm sorry but this is bulls**t. The Corps of Cadets ARE the Aggies. You can post all the recency biased b.s. you want, but this school was built on the traditions and the honor of the Corps. **** this decision.
Goosespn
Gig Em!!!
DeadCiv
AG
cavjock88 said:

Showstopper said:

Legit question from a non-reg: other than just liking horses, is there any real reason for the Cav to ride horses in march in? I mean, the US Army isn't riding around on horses anymore, so there's presumably no great military reason. And if Cav guys want to jack around at the stables, they could still do that and just march during march in like everyone else.

Basically, if you have a horse fetish, that's cool, but maybe we don't need to plop a whole bunch of horse **** all around the field just to feed your fetish.

Ceremonial unit there hot shot. See the 1st Cav ceremonial unit. Same thing here with PMC. Lots of military parade and other components are ceremonial. Maybe we should get rid of Senior boots too, because, yeah, the military no longer has a use for ridding boots.

Or spelling I guess.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Expecting your average corps member to be able to find his way to Kyle Field without simply following the uniformed person marching in front of him is a lot to ask!
rootube
AG
Climb in! Coincidence or the start of the greatest tradition.
Tobias Funke
AG
I am only supportive of this change if it's a precursor to getting rid of the Corps block
OrygunAg
AG
Can they just quit ****ing with **** and burning money? I mean why **** with EVERYTHING except what matters? How about let's go for broke winning a championship in something other than equestrian? Can't we come back after 30 years and say "oh yeah I remember this or that?" And admire our football championship trophies? Instead it's like I'm visiting another planet and a school with an empty trophy room that wastes more money in a year on useless **** than a small university sees in a lifetime. Yeah I know, who gives a **** what an old ag thinks.
wangus12
AG
College Sports are totally ****ed.
Bonus Hole
Showstopper said:

You have NO idea what you are talking about lol

aTmneal
AG
This is dumb. My kids get a bigger kick out of March In than the game itself.

Truth be told...so do I these days.
McInnis80
Ask the Corps members, When my son was in the Corps, they hated marching in a empty stadium and trying dodge footballs and players. Also it was tough to head back to quad, grab game gear then wait in line to get to your seats. They Kyle Field of today is much tighter than the old stadium with the track. Back in the day people would get to the stadium early as there was nothing to do prior to game day. Now with tailgates, fans have no incentive to get there early.

I believe that this decision came from the Trigon, not the Athletic Department. The new Commandant did a great job of reading the Quad making a decision that will be make the game day experience better for the cadets.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.