Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Gameday Changes for 2024

12,074 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by aggiebrad94
Conchovalleyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This year the last year for Kyle march in
A little surprising...looks like we will still have step off but the corps will no longer march in to Kyle after 10/28 this season....
BQ84 -ORP
the_batman26
AG
"To maximize the game-day experience for all Aggies and visitors, the 2023 season marks the last season..."

What does this even mean??
fav13andac1)c
AG
the_batman26 said:

"To maximize the game-day experience for all Aggies and visitors, the 2023 season marks the last season..."

It means let's destroy absolutely everything that's unique about A&M.
dmart90
AG
A a non-reg,,,

WTF???
ThunderFighter06
AG
This seems...odd...would like to know the justification...
mccag
S
It means they will still march different route each home game, just not into the Stadium after the USCe game this year!

Edit to say; I don't necessarily like it but that's what it means.
GIG'EM AGS. One Game At A Time!
mccag
S
More fans out tailgating will see them marching.
the_batman26
AG
If they do a lap around the MSC it would make sense. But this update could've said so.
TXAG 05
AG
Would really like the reasoning behind this. I will never forget the sight of marching into Kyle Field on the originally RWB game. We could see the tops as we got closer but that turn into the end zone and seeing the entire stadium was incredible. There truly no words to describe it.
mccag
S
March-in routes will vary by game to ensure every Aggie fan, spectator and guest has the opportunity to see the Corps of Cadets. The following is the schedule:
  • New Mexico vs Texas A&M, Sept. 2: Campus march
  • University of Louisiana Monroe vs Texas A&M Sept. 16: Campus march
  • Auburn vs Texas A&M, Sept. 23: Aggie Park march
  • Alabama vs Texas A&M, Oct. 7: Campus march
  • South Carolina vs Texas A&M, Oct. 28: Kyle Field march-in
  • Mississippi State vs Texas A&M, Nov. 11: Veterans Review, Simpson Drill Field
  • Abilene Christian University vs Texas A&M, Nov. 18: West campus march
htxag09
AG
dmart90 said:

A a non-reg,,,

WTF???
And as a different non-reg, it doesn't bother me one bit. Never got that worked up or excited about it.

And in getting a couple sideline passes the last few years the march in was a cluster **** for everyone on the field, including recruits. And leaves a bunch of horse **** on our sideline.
ThunderFighter06
AG
Gotcha. Campus and Kyle Field have changed so much since I was there I have wondered how it has impacted march-ins. Will be interesting to see how it plays out!
Eike Mlko
They only did it 3 times last year
rootube
AG
After '24 the corps will be rowing into the stadium using the newly constructed lazy river. That's how you maximize game day experience people.
agnerd
AG
If it was a sidelines access issue, they could've just marched in the NE tunnel and out the NW tunnel. Impacts to pregame activities would be minimal. Hope there's a REALLY good reason why this change was made.
Cromagnum
AG
the_batman26 said:

it means "more time to put bull**** ads on the big screen".
Rule#2
AG
I'm a non-reg and this is bad bull
K2Ag97
This makes little sense from a tradition perspective.

I want more transparency behind the monetary reasons that drove this decision.

Perhaps the same leaders will decide we need to not have the Band perform at some halftimes?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Are other GameDay changes going to be winning?
greg.w.h
AG
K2Ag97 said:

This makes little sense from a tradition perspective.

I want more transparency behind the monetary reasons that drove this decision.

Perhaps the same leaders will decide we need to not have the Band perform at some halftimes?

Ask Ross…

https://12thman.com/news/2023/5/22/yell-review-with-ross-bjork.aspx
BlitzGD
AG
So will the name be changed to March Around?
Quarterback can't throw the ball lying on his back.
Matsui
AG
i like it!
Cromagnum
AG
BlitzGD said:

So will the name be changed to March Around?

"The Corps is over there on the Quad if you wanna go see it. Now back to our regularly scheduled pageantry and soul-less game day experience."
legunter11
AG
I really hope they change the name to "March Around"
We will no longer be marching in anywhere
Agthatbuilds
****. Death by a thousand cuts. Slowly killing off what makes us unique.
TommyBrady
AG
I don't understand why having the corps marching in front of 1000 people max dropping horse dung all over the sidelines is needed? Let them march around campus and be seen and then back to the quad to get dates and head to the game.
dcbowers
AG
An hour before kick-off, there are 10 - 20 times more people tail gaiting under trees or canopy tents outside of the stadium than sitting exposed on Kyle Field bleachers in the sun. More people can watch if the corps march around campus.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aezmvp
rootube said:

After '24 the corps will be rowing into the stadium using the newly constructed lazy river. That's how you maximize game day experience people.
Get the recon platoon an high speed inflatable and practice SOF insertions.
Showstopper
AG
Legit question from a non-reg: other than just liking horses, is there any real reason for the Cav to ride horses in march in? I mean, the US Army isn't riding around on horses anymore, so there's presumably no great military reason. And if Cav guys want to jack around at the stables, they could still do that and just march during march in like everyone else.

Basically, if you have a horse fetish, that's cool, but maybe we don't need to plop a whole bunch of horse **** all around the field just to feed your fetish.
i is smart
AG
If the University plans it well, it could potentially benefit The Corps. Consider the positive impact of younger kids witnessing their marching and prominent presence during tailgates. Planning it well is a BIG if.

I have personal reservations about the changes, but there are some positive aspects to consider.
Aztec1948
Brought to you by same folk that brought you "Power" by a known racist and then the highly profane "Bonfire" by Childesh Gambino....who calls the shots over there? Perplexing decisions at best, troubling perhaps.
"I have been told that we have recovered technology that did not originate on this".-Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence-Chris Mellon

“Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe that unknown flying objects are nonsense.” Former CIA Director, Roscoe Hillenkoetter, public statement, 1960.
i is smart
AG
Aztec1948 said:

Brought to you by same folk that brought you "Power" by a known racist and then the highly profane "Bonfire" by Childesh Gambino....who calls the shots over there? Perplexing decisions at best, troubling perhaps.

Imagine this: instead of the March-In, we introduce a unique parade featuring alien aircraft developed right on campus.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Time for a march out.
cavjock88
AG
Showstopper said:

Legit question from a non-reg: other than just liking horses, is there any real reason for the Cav to ride horses in march in? I mean, the US Army isn't riding around on horses anymore, so there's presumably no great military reason. And if Cav guys want to jack around at the stables, they could still do that and just march during march in like everyone else.

Basically, if you have a horse fetish, that's cool, but maybe we don't need to plop a whole bunch of horse **** all around the field just to feed your fetish.

Ceremonial unit there hot shot. See the 1st Cav ceremonial unit. Same thing here with PMC. Lots of military parade and other components are ceremonial. Maybe we should get rid of Senior boots too, because, yeah, the military no longer has a use for ridding boots.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.