Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who is the publisher at the BATT these days. This is pretty bad.

11,780 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Joe Schillaci 48
spherical
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
schmellba99 said:

SinKiller said:

Maybe some of you should look up why it's "goodbye to Texas university"...I'm also not sure how you quantitate much of her article. EVERYBODY does the horns down, EVERY state school hates the other state schools. What about Ohio State/Michigna? What about Oklahoma State? What about Auburn?

If you don't hate the sips, you don't know the sips...I'll give them all the credit in the world for the Bonfire reaction and the Longhorn band tribute at half, etc., still would pull for Iran U. over them.
Have you ever stepped foot on campus?

If yes, then it's easy to quantitate the article.

Sure, there is hate between tOSU and Michigan...but each school doesn't spend the inordinate amount of time obsessing over the other school like we do with tu. Same with blow u/Okie lite, Alabama/Auburn. It's different, vastly different and getting out of the bubble shines the light on that fact.

Our school is "Texas A&M", not "hates tu university". But you wouldn't know that half the time.

What exactly happens on campus that bugs you so much? Im class of '04 and there was no day to day tu conversation (the hell is tu university btw?)… you teased someone who showed up to class in Orange… that was about it?

Now my time was spent between Zachary and bright (not the athletic one)… so I can't speak for West campus…
AG81
AG
This won't be popular, but cut the girl some slack. She's young and uninformed. We all were once.

Because she's young, it's impossible for her to know, let alone understand, the abuse orangebloods have heaped on A&M for decades. So for her, we're the "crazy ex girlfriend". In reality, we're like the abused spouse who escaped and now warns everyone about the abusive nature of the abuser.

She'll learn. It'll just take time.
TexAggie1999
SinKiller said:

BTHOB-98 said:

agnerd said:

Exactly. Offending people is big business, and the author achieved her goal of offending BTHOB so much that he came onto Texags to give her more publicity. If you don't want articles like this to continue to be written, DON'T GIVE THEM MORE FREE PUBLICITY!!!
For me this is deeper than that. I believe it is was a huge mistake to do away with "Legacy" as a part of admissions. Should Legacy be the only factor? Absolutely not but if you have two equal students it should count for something. This person sounds like they wanted to go to texas and then just came here because they did not get into school there. We do not need to be anyone's default when we have really good kids and families that want to be a part of the university.

To address your point about being offended. I am not offended by what she wrote. I just believe she is wrong.

One other point related to tu. They are coming to the SEC whether we want them or not. The responses on this thread lead me to believe that many on here have never had stuff thrown at them or been spit on by tu fans. People on here that do not really understand this rivalry. They are the worst and get whatever they disserve. People are going to learn!
Legacy has really altered everything...There are so many kids that bleed maroon that don't get in, and ones that bleed orange that do. With Blinn there's still a way, but a lot just don't want to do that. Frankly, I don't think they want the legacies, they want what A&M used to fight against, they want to be like everyone else.

They want too high of an enrollment. The size of the school has gotten ridiculous. I don't think Legacy should be a big part of admissions, but they are just letting too many people in period. It isn't good for our academics. We are not considered a "selective" school. We are still good academically, but we have lost ground because of our obsession with growrh.
Only Fans Director
Tex said:

We are not considered a "selective" school. We are still good academically, but we have lost ground because of our obsession with growrh.
It is all about the money. More students means more money.
Proud father of an Aggie undergrad!
Dr RC

Quote:

They're just like any other team playing against us and have not proved their worth.

There are more qualified teams already in the SEC … you know, because they've been good for a while. Whereas UT is only just joining.

Not sure why y'all are so mad at her. She sounds like a large number of the people here.
TexAggie1999
Nattie said:

Tex said:

We are not considered a "selective" school. We are still good academically, but we have lost ground because of our obsession with growrh.

Agree. That is what I would expect out of a for profit University, not a University I thought wanted to be top tier academically.
greg.w.h
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

Nattie said:

Tex said:

Agree. That is what I would expect out of a for profit University, not a University I thought wanted to be top tier academically.
It was an obsession with reasonably priced university education by GOVERNOR Rick Perry.
aeon-ag
DD88 said:

The Batt has been publishing crap just to get a reaction out of you for decades.
YES!!!! I know since the late 60' and early 70's it has printed insane idiocy!! It always ends up with some pie in the sky so called "scoop reporter" wanting to make a name for themselves and ends up with them stepping in a pile of it not have a clue what they've written about!!
atmtws
AG
RealTalk said:

SteveA said:

Much of her argument makes sense. Why do we throw horns down signs ever? It's stupid. Sure, screw tu, but I would rather concentrate on A&M than give them validity when they aren't valid.
Throwing the horns down when you're not playing tu is a clear case of having an unhealthy obsession with that school. It's just cringey and looks stupid.
With that logic, we should be throwing a gig 'em sign when not gigging frogs...

You're point is stupid. What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have read on this site.

/W\ /W\
wrinkledink
AG
It's true though. Why are people doing the horns down sign when we don't even play them?

Back in the big 12 days, beating UT and losing all other games would've been considered a good enough season to some people.

"oh well, we suck but at least we beat UT"

Edit: oh right, it's *tu... how could I forget.
Jawbreaker
Guess she never has been to Austin, worked there, and had to put up with the entitlement attitude that leaks like an infected wound, spewing out of the students and facility.

This trash needs to be in charge of classifieds.
"O' Son of dust, who can make these bones dance again?"
HECUBUS
AG
Boldly spew with no clue. Future ESPN reporter in the making.
DB Coach
AG
To the author of the article....Highway 6 runs both ways! My son would gladly take your place in Aggieland, if he weren't already accepted!
Al Bula
AG
Didn't read article. I am amazed people still get trolled and run to Texags to complain about "muh Batt."
dixichkn
AG
RealTalk said:

SteveA said:

Much of her argument makes sense. Why do we throw horns down signs ever? It's stupid. Sure, screw tu, but I would rather concentrate on A&M than give them validity when they aren't valid.
Throwing the horns down when you're not playing tu is a clear case of having an unhealthy obsession with that school. It's just cringey and looks stupid.
dixichkn
AG
Windy City Ag said:

So I just tuned into a really exciting basketball game between Arkansas and Texas A&M. Reed looked packed and exciting.

The cameras turn to students. Two of them give the horns down sign.

This is the stuff that makes zero sense to me.
"BUT OMG EVERYBODY DOES IT!!!"

Absolute horse sht. Not even in their own conference. EXCEPT WHEN THEY'RE PLAYING tu. As it should be. I have yet to see one single person in the stands throwing a horns down at a Baylol vs KState game, or a Tech vs Oklahoma game etc etc. And when they join the SEC, other SEC schools won't be doing it either. But if you've attended any home game of ours at any time in the last 2 or 3 years and just watch the Jumbotron, you'd swear to God you were at the University of Horns Down and not Texas A&M

You horns down clowns 100% validate their claims that they live rent free in our heads. They're totally right. Stop being "little brother". I have a hard time disagreeing with the Batt writer, as much as I want to.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

"And let me tell you, after finally attending Texas A&M and witnessing this "rivalry" firsthand, it isn't all some of you Aggies hyped it up to be."

When has she experienced this? lol. What a joke.

https://www.thebatt.com/opinion/opinion-a-m-is-ut-s-crazy-ex-girlfriend/article_c97a5e5e-abff-11ed-b4f3-bf2c8bdf3d84.html

Let me get this straight. Ags are worked up over an article in the Batt? It's a student newspaper. No one reads it. Its best use was in the 1970's when the students pretended to read it when opposing teams were introduced. In five years, if she is lucky, she will be teaching 7th grade English or writing obituaries for a suburban weekly bringing in $35,000 a year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.