Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who is the publisher at the BATT these days. This is pretty bad.

11,742 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Joe Schillaci 48
BTHOB-98
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"And let me tell you, after finally attending Texas A&M and witnessing this "rivalry" firsthand, it isn't all some of you Aggies hyped it up to be."

When has she experienced this? lol. What a joke.

https://www.thebatt.com/opinion/opinion-a-m-is-ut-s-crazy-ex-girlfriend/article_c97a5e5e-abff-11ed-b4f3-bf2c8bdf3d84.html

SinKiller
We just can't ever seem to get out of our own way...
BTHOB-98
SinKiller said:

We just can't ever seem to get out of our own way...
Its worse than that.

Its ok to be different. Its ok to not be like every other university out there. and its definitely ok to not be t.u!!

I am not sure why we want to bring people To Texas A&M who don't love this University. If you bring in a bunch of people that don't like it here they will just eventually rip it apart.

I'm probably more bitter about stuff like this because I have a son at Blinn working his ass off to get in. Why? Because he loves Texas A&M!! He is a life long Aggie. He is very close to being able to get in and I hope he does. Instead of kids like him we have a bunch of students that want us to be like everyone else. I just don't understand why we need to do that.
2thFixinAg
It's conditioning. Due to an interactive history of thousands of things. For the most part we get more enjoyment out of their failures than we do our successes.

It's unhealthy.
DD88
AG
The Batt has been publishing crap just to get a reaction out of you for decades.
An L of an Ag
AG
What a ****ing idiot!
aggiejim70
AG
No matter when you were at A&M you met this person. Black or white, pink or blue, Corps or civilian.....The most unhappy person in the world is the student at A&M that doesn't want to be there.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
agnerd
AG
Exactly. Offending people is big business, and the author achieved her goal of offending BTHOB so much that he came onto Texags to give her more publicity. If you don't want articles like this to continue to be written, DON'T GIVE THEM MORE FREE PUBLICITY!!!
MouthBQ98
AG
It is being purposefully contrarian for attention.
i is smart
AG
I remember when I was in school, one of the papers discussing our exciting move to the SEC had Justin Blackmon stiff arming somebody in our Secondary on the fold.
oldschoolcat
AG
2thFixinAg said:

It's conditioning. Due to an interactive history of thousands of things. For the most part we get more enjoyment out of their failures than we do our successes.

It's unhealthy.
Negative.
SteveA
AG
Much of her argument makes sense. Why do we throw horns down signs ever? It's stupid. Sure, screw tu, but I would rather concentrate on A&M than give them validity when they aren't valid.
BTHOB-98
agnerd said:

Exactly. Offending people is big business, and the author achieved her goal of offending BTHOB so much that he came onto Texags to give her more publicity. If you don't want articles like this to continue to be written, DON'T GIVE THEM MORE FREE PUBLICITY!!!
For me this is deeper than that. I believe it is was a huge mistake to do away with "Legacy" as a part of admissions. Should Legacy be the only factor? Absolutely not but if you have two equal students it should count for something. This person sounds like they wanted to go to texas and then just came here because they did not get into school there. We do not need to be anyone's default when we have really good kids and families that want to be a part of the university.

To address your point about being offended. I am not offended by what she wrote. I just believe she is wrong.

One other point related to tu. They are coming to the SEC whether we want them or not. The responses on this thread lead me to believe that many on here have never had stuff thrown at them or been spit on by tu fans. People on here that do not really understand this rivalry. They are the worst and get whatever they disserve. People are going to learn!
Unemployed
AG
SteveA said:

Much of her argument makes sense. Why do we throw horns down signs ever? It's stupid. Sure, screw tu, but I would rather concentrate on A&M than give them validity when they aren't valid.
Throwing the horns down when you're not playing tu is a clear case of having an unhealthy obsession with that school. It's just cringey and looks stupid.
12thMan9
AG
Just what do you do w/an English degree?

Maybe she's never had a date to a game.
Ronnie '88
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Someone expressed an opinion most of Texags disagrees with.

Oh the horror.
Thanks and gig'em
murphyag
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

"And let me tell you, after finally attending Texas A&M and witnessing this "rivalry" firsthand, it isn't all some of you Aggies hyped it up to be."

When has she experienced this? lol. What a joke.

https://www.thebatt.com/opinion/opinion-a-m-is-ut-s-crazy-ex-girlfriend/article_c97a5e5e-abff-11ed-b4f3-bf2c8bdf3d84.html

What a moron. tu is the crazy ex in this situation. Who followed who to the sec?
murphyag
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

Oh the horror.

Lilia- You need to do some actual research and get your facts straight before you write any more articles regarding A&M/tu.
SinKiller
BTHOB-98 said:

agnerd said:

For me this is deeper than that. I believe it is was a huge mistake to do away with "Legacy" as a part of admissions. Should Legacy be the only factor? Absolutely not but if you have two equal students it should count for something. This person sounds like they wanted to go to texas and then just came here because they did not get into school there. We do not need to be anyone's default when we have really good kids and families that want to be a part of the university.

To address your point about being offended. I am not offended by what she wrote. I just believe she is wrong.

One other point related to tu. They are coming to the SEC whether we want them or not. The responses on this thread lead me to believe that many on here have never had stuff thrown at them or been spit on by tu fans. People on here that do not really understand this rivalry. They are the worst and get whatever they disserve. People are going to learn!
Legacy has really altered everything...There are so many kids that bleed maroon that don't get in, and ones that bleed orange that do. With Blinn there's still a way, but a lot just don't want to do that. Frankly, I don't think they want the legacies, they want what A&M used to fight against, they want to be like everyone else.
StinkyPinky
AG
Wow, WTF? Clearly The Bat has a goal it's working towards.
MouthBQ98
AG
Meh, it's always fun to taunt a long time rival, but it should be in some kind of context. Not worth getting worked up about.
TyperWoods
Dear author,

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you express it publicly in a paper to demean the very school you attend.

Also, F you.

murphyag
AG
SinKiller said:

BTHOB-98 said:

agnerd said:

Legacy has really altered everything...There are so many kids that bleed maroon that don't get in, and ones that bleed orange that do. With Blinn there's still a way, but a lot just don't want to do that. Frankly, I don't think they want the legacies, they want what A&M used to fight against, they want to be like everyone else.

I believe legacy consideration was removed from freshman applications around that time or shortly after the top 10% rule came into effect.
Unemployed
AG
I blame John Sharp.
Shoefly!
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

Oh the horror.

Opinions are like dung, every Ace hole has one!
BTHOB-98
FIFY

Aggie_Journalist said:

Someone expressed an opinion most Texas A&M Aggie disagrees with.
schmellba99
AG
SteveA said:

This. Problem is, many (or most?) Ags willfully refuse to see it.

Tell me, what, and be very specific, is wrong about this statement (which is the gist of the article, even if crappily written)?

Quote:

While we should not care about them, we have chosen to do the opposite. We have glorified them to such a degree that they've become embedded into our school's culture.

We spend actual money on merchandise dedicated to them, spread their symbols during our football games when the game isn't even against them and make animal sounds when someone brings up their name.

We give them capital. We give them exposure. We give them power.

Humiliating.

Personally, I don't want some Longhorn walking around the SEC with an overinflated ego thinking they live in our head rent-free. They're already obnoxious enough from believing living in Austin is a personality trait.

The worst part about our infatuation with UT is that it's completely one-sided. They don't have chants, merchandise, or hand gestures dedicated to us. They don't even think of us as their main rival.
This is also true:

Quote:

At this point, we are literally an obsessive ex-girlfriend who refuses to move on from their previous heartbreak. Meanwhile UT is "winning" the breakup, already canoodling with other people.

We shouldn't be reducing ourselves to this level of fan behavior. We have been in a higher, more competitive football division for 12 years and we still frequently beat them in other sports,
Also true:

Quote:

I enjoy being a hater as much as the next person, but thinking UT is a worthy opponent anymore is obsolete.

While their entrance to the SEC might prove otherwise, we cannot let them believe we're already fan-girling them as we giggle in excitement about having an excuse to use the horns down symbol or obsessively talk about them throughout social media.

Why be a crazy ex-girlfriend when we were the hotter partner to begin with?

So, let's stop giving them unnecessary attention and direct our energy towards new rivals and make new traditions. After all, is that not what Aggies are known for?

Besides being better than UT.
Generally speaking, the Batt is worthless and most of the articles are even worse. But simply because it is an article there doesn't necessarily mean it is also worthless - taking the 2 minutes to actually read it would yield that the author is making sense.

Hell, look at how many threads have been started in the 12 freaking years since we have played tu about tu. How many threads about whether it is a rivalry or not? How many threads obsessing over whether they suck or lamenting their win over UGA a few years back in the Sugar Bowl? How many threads of Ags that spend more time harkening to the old days when we played them under the lense of revisionist history and nostalgia?

Fact - most Ags seem to obsess over everything tu related and measure their worth on whether we beat them in a sport or not, and it's fuggin stupid and juvenile. The horns down at every opportunity is stupid and juvenile and is indicative of the inability to kick tu out of your head. The stupid horns down shirts and stickers and all the other stuff - yep, equally stupid and juvenile. And, frankly, obsessive. She's right, like it or not. For over a decade Ags have had the chance to change their mentality and focus on A&M...and here we are, talking about tu. Again.
JustisWalkert
AG
"I mean, people even refuse to address the school with the proper word itself, instead referring it to as t.u."

Personally, I prefer "cow."
Only Fans Director
BTHOB-98 said:

That is because the two schools have not played each other much at all since 2012.

No interaction equates to no experience with the rivalry.
Proud father of an Aggie undergrad!
SinKiller
Maybe some of you should look up why it's "goodbye to Texas university"...I'm also not sure how you quantitate much of her article. EVERYBODY does the horns down, EVERY state school hates the other state schools. What about Ohio State/Michigan? What about Oklahoma State? What about Auburn?

If you don't hate the sips, you don't know the sips...I'll give them all the credit in the world for the Bonfire reaction and the Longhorn band tribute at half, etc., still would pull for Iran U. over them.
schmellba99
AG
SinKiller said:

Maybe some of you should look up why it's "goodbye to Texas university"...I'm also not sure how you quantitate much of her article. EVERYBODY does the horns down, EVERY state school hates the other state schools. What about Ohio State/Michigna? What about Oklahoma State? What about Auburn?

If you don't hate the sips, you don't know the sips...I'll give them all the credit in the world for the Bonfire reaction and the Longhorn band tribute at half, etc., still would pull for Iran U. over them.
Have you ever stepped foot on campus?

If yes, then it's easy to quantitate the article.

Sure, there is hate between tOSU and Michigan...but each school doesn't spend the inordinate amount of time obsessing over the other school like we do with tu. Same with blow u/Okie lite, Alabama/Auburn. It's different, vastly different and getting out of the bubble shines the light on that fact.

Our school is "Texas A&M", not "hates tu university". But you wouldn't know that half the time.
Aggies2009
AG
English major (LOL) publishes clickbait article for clickbait rag. News at 11.
TX_Aggie37
AG
schmellba99 said:

SteveA said:

This. Problem is, many (or most?) Ags willfully refuse to see it.

Tell me, what, and be very specific, is wrong about this statement (which is the gist of the article, even if crappily written)?

Quote:

While we should not care about them, we have chosen to do the opposite. We have glorified them to such a degree that they've become embedded into our school's culture.

We spend actual money on merchandise dedicated to them, spread their symbols during our football games when the game isn't even against them and make animal sounds when someone brings up their name.

We give them capital. We give them exposure. We give them power.

Humiliating.

Personally, I don't want some Longhorn walking around the SEC with an overinflated ego thinking they live in our head rent-free. They're already obnoxious enough from believing living in Austin is a personality trait.

The worst part about our infatuation with UT is that it's completely one-sided. They don't have chants, merchandise, or hand gestures dedicated to us. They don't even think of us as their main rival.
This is also true:

Quote:

At this point, we are literally an obsessive ex-girlfriend who refuses to move on from their previous heartbreak. Meanwhile UT is "winning" the breakup, already canoodling with other people.

We shouldn't be reducing ourselves to this level of fan behavior. We have been in a higher, more competitive football division for 12 years and we still frequently beat them in other sports,
Also true:

Quote:

I enjoy being a hater as much as the next person, but thinking UT is a worthy opponent anymore is obsolete.

While their entrance to the SEC might prove otherwise, we cannot let them believe we're already fan-girling them as we giggle in excitement about having an excuse to use the horns down symbol or obsessively talk about them throughout social media.

Why be a crazy ex-girlfriend when we were the hotter partner to begin with?

So, let's stop giving them unnecessary attention and direct our energy towards new rivals and make new traditions. After all, is that not what Aggies are known for?

Besides being better than UT.
Generally speaking, the Batt is worthless and most of the articles are even worse. But simply because it is an article there doesn't necessarily mean it is also worthless - taking the 2 minutes to actually read it would yield that the author is making sense.

Hell, look at how many threads have been started in the 12 freaking years since we have played tu about tu. How many threads about whether it is a rivalry or not? How many threads obsessing over whether they suck or lamenting their win over UGA a few years back in the Sugar Bowl? How many threads of Ags that spend more time harkening to the old days when we played them under the lense of revisionist history and nostalgia?

Fact - most Ags seem to obsess over everything tu related and measure their worth on whether we beat them in a sport or not, and it's fuggin stupid and juvenile. The horns down at every opportunity is stupid and juvenile and is indicative of the inability to kick tu out of your head. The stupid horns down shirts and stickers and all the other stuff - yep, equally stupid and juvenile. And, frankly, obsessive. She's right, like it or not. For over a decade Ags have had the chance to change their mentality and focus on A&M...and here we are, talking about tu. Again.
Yep... pretty much.
He is Ass My Dude
Nattie said:

BTHOB-98 said:

That is because the two schools have not played each other much at all since 2012.

No interaction equates to no experience with the rivalry.

There literally has not been an Aggie Horn football rivalry since 2011. Can't have one if you don't play.
12thMan9
AG
SinKiller said:

Maybe some of you should look up why it's "goodbye to Texas university"...I'm also not sure how you quantitate much of her article. EVERYBODY does the horns down, EVERY state school hates the other state schools. What about Ohio State/Michigna? What about Oklahoma State? What about Auburn?

Wait, Michigan is in Ohio?
Ronnie '88
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.