Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Can we just hire Dat for LB coach?

7,710 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Emilio Fantastico
StinkyPinky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Deats99 said:

The way he flew to the ball carrier, Dat had wings. His work ethic was unmatched. Neither of those things can be taught. Hopefully he married a 6'6" Nordic goddess and we can recruit their kids(I know he didn't). Lol

He did even better by marrying Becky, and have some awesome kids.
Gigem713
Some of you homeslices scoff at the idea of Dat as LB coach. Scoff at your own risk. Dat has exceeded any and all expectations wherever he's been. He is an Aggie legend and you should treat him with respect.
rootube
AG
Gigem713 said:

Some of you homeslices scoff at the idea of Dat as LB coach. Scoff at your own risk. Dat has exceeded any and all expectations wherever he's been. He is an Aggie legend and you should treat him with respect.

He hasn't coached in over a decade and there is no evidence that he even wants to coach that may be an issue.
Aston04
AG
It's pretty wild that the operator of a fast food place is a better gig than lb coach of a major power 5 school. But may be true in this case.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Tony Levine is also a CFA operator after over 20 years in college coaching.
Aggie_Nuke
AG
Reno Hightower said:

One thing Dat does that a majority of college and pro defenders don't do. He wraps up and TACKLES the ball carrier, he doesn't just deliver a blow.

Absolutely ! He was a great tackler, who tackled based on the definition most coaches used..... "hit center of mass, wrap your arms around him, and NEVER let go until you are BOTH on the ground.

Why don't coaches teach that anymore ? .... now, the players think a "tackle" is a shoulder bump, a push, or a shove.

It astounded me that Elko was supposed to be a great coach.... but NONE of his players knew how to really "tackle". No doubt in my mind that Dat could teach those techniques.

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
Emilio Fantastico
AG
RealTalk said:

TexasAggie_97 said:

JCE_02 said:

juanyfutbol said:

montanagriz said:

He hated recruiting, college is 95% recruiting
If it really was 95% recruiting then we would've been competing in the playoffs last season with the amount of talent we had, but I see your point.

A solid freshman class is not a recipe for making the playoffs.
It seems to be for all ofhers. I think I read that for the last 20 years or so every team that had a number 1 recruiting class wither played for or won a national championship. What do you bet ole Jimbo breaks that streak?
The sophomores, juniors, and seniors, on those teams were also a part of top 3 classes.

That's the difference between them and us.

They also don't tend to have 12-15 starters/rotation guys miss all or most of the season either.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.