Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Rueben Owens

28,345 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dixichkn
nu awlins ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rule#2 said:

cevans_40 said:

tamuz93 said:

I wish Rueben the best and hope he is a beast. But how is he #1 back in Texas from a 4A school? I don't follow recruiting. A friend texted me the news but just to be the antagonist.

El Campo was 9-3 this year

Game 1 - Lost to first year head coach Cuero 43-14. 22 carries - 152 yards - 6.9 avg 1 TD
Cuero is still playing

Game 2 - Lost to 10-2 C.C. Miller - 49-29. 29-156-5.4 avg. 2 TD

Game 3 - C.C. Veterans Memorial 12-2 won 24-14 (OT) - Looks like he did not play

Skip to playoffs

First round - Houston (Worthing) - some 4-6 team that shouldn't be there - Won 49-7 - 8 carries - 67 yards - 8.4 avg 1TD. Seems to have found the answer to him.

Second round - Kilgore 10-4 Lost 34-20. 21 carries - 136 yards - 6.5 avg - 2 TD

And decommited from Louisville.

Is the rating based on the expectation of what could be?

We land the #1 running back in the country and this is your first thought?

Because he's not wrong. Great athlete and great get, but my guess is he will end up the Anias type being used both in the backfield and the slot.

I know, I know, the next Anias is a pretty good outcome. I'm just saying to temper the expectations on him being the "next Adrian Peterson" as I've seen on this thread.

He is wrong. Apparently you didn't see his o-line this season, did you? Kid is a great back and a huge get. Some of you amaze me…..seriously.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Rule#2 said:

cevans_40 said:

tamuz93 said:

I wish Rueben the best and hope he is a beast. But how is he #1 back in Texas from a 4A school? I don't follow recruiting. A friend texted me the news but just to be the antagonist.

Game 1 - Lost to first year head coach Cuero 43-14. 22 carries - 152 yards - 6.9 avg 1 TD
Cuero is still playing

Game 3 - C.C. Veterans Memorial 12-2 won 24-14 (OT) - Looks like he did not play

Skip to playoffs

First round - Houston (Worthing) - some 4-6 team that shouldn't be there - Won 49-7 - 8 carries - 67 yards - 8.4 avg 1TD. Seems to have found the answer to him.

Because he's not wrong. Great athlete and great get, but my guess is he will end up the Anias type being used both in the backfield and the slot.

I know, I know, the next Anias is a pretty good outcome. I'm just saying to temper the expectations on him being the "next Adrian Peterson" as I've seen on this thread.

Wait, you think Owens, 6' 200lbs, will be used in the slot like Ainias?
Dayum, that's a lot of dumb.
Frank Grimes
AG
nu awlins ag said:

Rule#2 said:

cevans_40 said:

tamuz93 said:

Cuero is still playing

Skip to playoffs

He is wrong. Apparently you didn't see his o-line this season, did you? Kid is a great back and a huge get. Some of you amaze me…..seriously.
I just watched his junior year highlights (well about half of the video), and his offensive line looked pretty damn good that year. He went through nearly untouched on many plays. Still, he hit the holes right and accelerated impressively.
jonb02
AG
How fast is he in mph?
Bunk Moreland
Also competes in track and field.
Ran at least four sub-11.00 100-meter times as a junior in Spring 2022, including 10.68, 10.72, 10.87, and 10.95. Placed third in the Texas 4A long jump finals with a 23-0.25 in May 2022.
Placed third as a sophomore at the May 2021 Texas 4A state meet in the long jump (22-10 3/4). Set a long jump PR of 23-3.75 in April 2021. Ran on El Campo's 4x100 and 4x200 relay teams that qualified for regionals in April 2021.
Rule#2
AG
Quote:

First of all, he's neither of those things. Yes, I do believe he will be used as the Anias type. Backfield, and in the slot. He ran a lot of slot this past year. Anias is listed at 5-10, 190. That makes that much difference to you?

And yes, I've seen his offensive lines every year he's been in school. I've watched the kid multiple times per year. Have you seen our offensive line? I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but my opinion is the #1 RB in the country is a little stretch.

ETA: I think he could start for Tascosa
Rule#2
AG
Great athlete, and I DO believe he will be able to contribute significantly as early as next year. Glad he is on his way to the maroon and white.

The kid won't be an NFL RB. That's my prediction. Does that clear it up?
akm91
AG
Rule#2 said:

And you're basing this on?
Rule#2
AG
akm91 said:

Rule#2 said:

I've followed his career and watched him play multiple times per year. It's just like an opinion man….
SolidRockAg
Dudes gotta start next year. His sophomore highlights looked like he was ready
Aggie owned and operated in partnership by former baseball player George Janca
Double Barrel Fabrication Inc. - All of your trailer and truck bed needs in Texas

www.dbitruckbedsandtrailers.com
dannyv
AG
Frank Grimes said:

nu awlins ag said:

Rule#2 said:

cevans_40 said:

tamuz93 said:

Cuero is still playing

Skip to playoffs

I just watched his junior year highlights (well about half of the video), and his offensive line looked pretty damn good that year. He went through nearly untouched on many plays. Still, he hit the holes right and accelerated impressively.
Are you saying he ran fast through many holes?
aglaes
AG
Sterling82 said:

aglaes said:

Fisher will have him on the bench next season because he "needs to learn the blocking scheme in the pass game" and he'll get frustrated and enter the portal this time next year.

What's so bad about having him learn to pass protect before giving him significant playing time? It's an important part of the position and it's not like we're devoid of talent there to begin with.
I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I just think some of these kids are impatient and want to play right away.

I was kind of kidding anyway. Great pick up and hope he has a great college career - as an Aggie.
nu awlins ag
AG
Frank Grimes said:

nu awlins ag said:

Rule#2 said:

cevans_40 said:

tamuz93 said:

Cuero is still playing

Skip to playoffs

Junior year is the key.
nu awlins ag
AG
Rule#2 said:

Great athlete, and I DO believe he will be able to contribute significantly as early as next year. Glad he is on his way to the maroon and white.

No one is even claiming him to be an NFL running back so why in the hell even mention this? Seriously? Stupid ass take….
OutlawAg17
AG
I think Rule #2 had to watch Owens run it up in his team a couple of times and is still salty
EliteZags
AG
Rule#2 said:

Quote:

First of all, he's neither of those things. Yes, I do believe he will be used as the Anias type. Backfield, and in the slot. He ran a lot of slot this past year. Anias is listed at 5-10, 190. That makes that much difference to you?

And yes, I've seen his offensive lines every year he's been in school. I've watched the kid multiple times per year. Have you seen our offensive line? I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but my opinion is the #1 RB in the country is a little stretch.

remind me how many 3K yd rushing seasons Ainais had?
DipEmAndPickEm
https://www.burntorangenation.com/2020/7/5/21314198/2022-4-star-cb-bobby-taylor-reveals-top-12-schools
Double Diamond
Hope Owens doesn't end up in Frans dog house like C-Lewis did.
TexasAGGIEinAR
Big Money Aggie said:

tamuz93 said:

Cuero is still playing

Skip to playoffs

EC plays in a weak district.

Josh Allen played in a weak conference at Wyoming. How's that fella doing?
cc10106
I think a buddy of his was committed to LOU as well.
Aggie1188
Rule#2 said:

cevans_40 said:

tamuz93 said:

Cuero is still playing

Skip to playoffs

Lol the post that OP made is goofy to begin with. Kid is averaging a lot in all the games he listed. Lol
Aggie1188
Rule#2 said:

you're so tough and so cool, man. But for comparison's sake…if Spiller is in the NFL, then this kid will be. He's faster than spiller with similar attributes. I think our Moss is a bit more explosive and powerful, but Owens will be a beast if he maintains his speed as he continues to add muscle and strength.
EliteZags
AG
nu awlins ag said:

Rule#2 said:

No one is even claiming him to be an NFL running back so why in the hell even mention this? Seriously? Stupid ass take….

I remember when I got my first job offer out of college my dad smacked me and said YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A CEO
levypantsEOY
jonb02 said:

How fast is he in mph?
Bout tree fiddy.
85AustinAg
AG
Rule#2 said:

Why come on here and rain on the dude's parade? Is it that important that you be right about him being over hyped?
fightinag
Our Next Heisman trophy winner ! .....a Ricebird !
Rule#2
AG
85AustinAg said:

Rule#2 said:

Why come on here and rain on the dude's parade? Is it that important that you be right about him being over hyped?

Not at all. In fact, I'd love to be wrong. That's why I let it go
JPAggie2010
AG
Where is everyone getting this 6' 200lbs stat from?

I am just as excited as the next guy, and think he will help us out a ton. But every place I have read has put him at 5'10" or 5'11" and 180 or 190lbs. Much closer to Anias - which is still a win in my books.
AG
As soon as you commit to us, it adds two inches and 25 lbs to your profile.
JPAggie2010
AG
Yes of course! I forgot to have that chrome extension turned on. Thank you!
nu awlins ag
AG
JPAggie2010 said:

I am just as excited as the next guy, and think he will help us out a ton. But every place I have read has put him at 5'10" or 5'11" and 180 or 190lbs. Much closer to Anias - which is still a win in my books.

Because he is. He's not 6', but he's right around 200. But you guys keep putting him down etc. Kid is good and rule 2 can't back anything up, that's why he's given up.
nu awlins ag
AG
EliteZags said:

nu awlins ag said:

Rule#2 said:

I remember when I got my first job offer out of college my dad smacked me and said YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A CEO

So you're a CEO? If so, can I have job?
Rule#2
AG
nu awlins ag said:

JPAggie2010 said:

Because he is. He's not 6', but he's right around 200. But you guys keep putting him down etc. Kid is good and rule 2 can't back anything up, that's why he's given up.

I didn't give up. I simply let it go because it's just a formed opinion. You know, what message boards are for? Plus, I want Rueben to succeed at Texas A&M.

And because of people like you. Bruh

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3338290/replies/63521586
nu awlins ag said:

mustang1234 said:

small school. weak District. Above average RB

He hasn't really tore it up as one would think for a 4/5 star.

PatAg
AG
Rule#2 said:

akm91 said:

Rule#2 said:

I've followed his career and watched him play multiple times per year. It's just like an opinion man….
Watching that much high school football should be illegal
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Rule#2 said:

Quote:

You really think Anias is even close to 5'10? That's comical.

Reuben is much bigger than both Anias and Achane.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.