Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

So is next year the year?

5,369 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jarrin' Jay
Ribavirin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just trying to get my timing right been waiting for about 30 years?
I am always wrong
Wait until next year. Then next year will be the year.

But seriously. If Weigman doesn't get some real experience this season, next year is not the year. We can't start another year with a huge question mark at QB.
AGBU94
AG
2020 was the year, and then Covid wrecked the season and we played bama before we were ready.

I will wait to answer here until I see how the whole nuclear war and armageddon thing goes. If it looks like it is happening, then hell yeah it was going to be our year.
DallasAg 94
Next year WILL be the year.

We'll be loaded.

Bama was the type game King needed and playing Bama is always a great experience for teams.

The game will come much slower for King. His reads, his urgency... the game is just going to slow down for him. It was why Max was critical for us. Between the 2 of them we'll be solid next season at QB.

Our OL:
LT: RS Fr, RS Fr
LG: RS So, RS So
C: So, RS Fr
RG: RS Jr, RS So
RT: So, Fr

We'll return the entire 2-Deep OL. In fact, if Achane leavs... He is likely the only loss on our Offense 2-Deep (not counting Ainias).

On D, we have Russell (MLB) and Demani (S) are our only started we likely lose. Including 2-Deep... George (NB) is the only other possible loss.

IF we stay healthy and there are no surprises... like getting arrested for speeding and hurting someone in a parking garage... We should be a Top 5 team to start the season.
rootube
AG
Trick question next year is always the year.
greg.w.h
AG
We need the offensive line and the defense to get seasoned the rest of this year. It looks like all three QBs will get game snaps, so we have to imagine an even more robust spring and fall next year for the backfield.

We have a more favorable schedule next year with Bama returning to Kyle. And that combined with the progress isn't just a "wait until next year" capitulation but instead capitalizing on real progress this year.
Win At Life
AG
You hate to hear it, but unfortunately the last few classes washed out a bit and the new superclass is all true freshmen. Even next year they are true sophmores and few teams compete in the SEC with a team loaded with sophmores (and then another freshman class). A few here and there, are okay. Things are different with the new transfer portal, but you probably got to at least have a good number of Juniors to be considered experienced.
Coryhub
So after watching King for 5-6 games you think he is THE GUY next year to lead us to championship..?

He is inaccurate and makes poor decisions. His throwing motion is too long so even if game slows down his ability to get the ball out is not great and his jump throw usually leads to ball being high or late. He has not played a game without throwing a pick..
look at the QBs in the playoffs over past years they all were good from start didn't need 2 years starting and 3 years in system to be good
- Young
- Williams
- Stroud
- Trevor
- Fields
- Tua
- Jalen
- Burrow (redshirt and transfer but his first year starting he was way better than King is)
- Herbert

Rare a championship QB struggles for 1.5 yr then suddenly gets it..

CW is our best chance to win championship and should be getting playing time now to prepare for it..
greg.w.h
AG
Of course having to run for his life is why a mobile QB got starts…
NoahAg
We gonna be pretty skrong in 2023, 2024.
Let's go, Brandon!
halfastros81
AG
For someone next yr will be the year. Which team? Well…. That's why they play the games.
wahoo0185
AG
phatty26
Coryhub said:

So after watching King for 5-6 games you think he is THE GUY next year to lead us to championship..?

He is inaccurate and makes poor decisions. His throwing motion is too long so even if game slows down his ability to get the ball out is not great and his jump throw usually leads to ball being high or late. He has not played a game without throwing a pick..
look at the QBs in the playoffs over past years they all were good from start didn't need 2 years starting and 3 years in system to be good
- Young
- Williams
- Stroud
- Trevor
- Fields
- Tua
- Jalen
- Burrow (redshirt and transfer but his first year starting he was way better than King is)
- Herbert

CW is our best chance to win championship and should be getting playing time now to prepare for it..
I believe this is true but we have to fix the oline issues and have at least one competent back up whether that is king or johnson I dont care but we cant be caught like last year where if we had any competent qb play we wouldve won 10 games.
Robert L. Peters
If next year isn't the year, it will never be the year.

Hint: it won't be because we are CURSED
GalvestonAg74
Ribavirin said:

I've been waitng for next year since 1970.
Noel74
PA24
AG
OP

30 years are rookie numbers.
GalvestonAg74
Coryhub said:

- Young
- Williams
- Stroud
- Trevor
- Fields
- Tua
- Jalen
- Herbert

100% agree !! If our QB has to have multiple years in the system before they can be better than average, then we need to change the system. There is something wrong.
Noel74
fightintxaggie10
AG
It's seems like no year will be a SEC Title and playoff birth if our offense isn't changed.

I think most of our fanbase is just holding their breath hoping an OC takes command, not just a assistant or analyst type role like we have now with Coley and Dickey.
JustisWalkert
AG
GIF Reactor
AG
MaxPower

Going to replace the war hymn with this.
SteveA
AG
Quote:

2020 was the year, and then Covid wrecked the season and we played bama before we were ready.
This is horse ***** We weren't close to Alabama. We won the orange bowl, but UNC looked like the better team much of that day.
PyriteAg
AG
Fear InoculAg said:

But seriously. If Weigman doesn't get some real experience this season, next year is not the year. We can't start another year with a huge question mark at QB.
You're a lot more optimistic than I am if you think the QB is the only huge question mark right now.
I am always wrong
Dario said:

Fear InoculAg said:

You're a lot more optimistic than I am if you think the QB is the only huge question mark right now.

I didn't say that at all. We're still going to have significant question marks at OL, RB, TE, and possibly LB. But QB is the most important position on the field. We have to get some stability and playmaking ability there.
TyperWoods
Ribavirin said:

Next year was always the year. And the year after.

JBGoode
AG
Any good Ag knows that next year is the year.
85AustinAg
AG
Ribavirin said:

I think its time to find a new hobby...
zafzo
Fear InoculAg said:

. If Weigman doesn't get some real experience this season, next year is not the year. We can't start another year with a huge question mark at QB.
Weigman would have had Texas A&M 6-0 right now had he started day one.

-TexAgs
C@LAg
no.

we will still have the same coach and his #&*$^&#* offensive scheme.
maroon man
S
Until the offense is more prolific I'm afraid "next year" will never happen.
TyperWoods
Ribavirin said:

As usual, you're premature
Craigy
DallasAg 94 said:

Next year WILL be the year.

We'll be loaded.

Bama was the type game King needed and playing Bama is always a great experience for teams.

The game will come much slower for King. His reads, his urgency... the game is just going to slow down for him. It was why Max was critical for us. Between the 2 of them we'll be solid next season at QB.

Our OL:
LT: RS Fr, RS Fr
LG: RS So, RS So
C: So, RS Fr
RG: RS Jr, RS So
RT: So, Fr

We'll return the entire 2-Deep OL. In fact, if Achane leavs... He is likely the only loss on our Offense 2-Deep (not counting Ainias).

On D, we have Russell (MLB) and Demani (S) are our only started we likely lose. Including 2-Deep... George (NB) is the only other possible loss.

IF we stay healthy and there are no surprises... like getting arrested for speeding and hurting someone in a parking garage... We should be a Top 5 team to start the season.
King will not be the QB next year. Will we be top 5 at the end of the season?
Craigy
zafzo said:

Fear InoculAg said:

. If Weigman doesn't get some real experience this season, next year is not the year. We can't start another year with a huge question mark at QB.
Manziel would have had Texas A&M 6-0 right now had he started day one.

-TexAgs
Correction
eATMup-Reveille
As long as we continue to start the season with a fairly inexperienced QB, then NO, it is not the year. That's why I'm so adamant that CW MUST get playing time, and at points in the game where the outcome is not clear. Should CW become the starter in 2023, won't it be SOOOO wonderful if he has very little to no SEC experience. In fact, I'm fairly certain that lack of experience ALONE would prevent Jimbo from starting him until we have a couple of losses.
admiraltarkin
AG
Yes. Next year is "the year".

Now, "the year" could mean that we go 8-4 or worse with a team with top 5 talent and full of upperclassmen with a favorable schedule. That would mean we know that Jimbo ain't it

Conversely, with the advantages that we have I am expecting a floor of 10-2. Anything worse than that and Ags should be pissed.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.