Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

So is next year the year?

5,368 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jarrin' Jay
Aggie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SteveA said:

Quote:

2020 was the year, and then Covid wrecked the season and we played bama before we were ready.
This is horse ***** We weren't close to Alabama. We won the orange bowl, but UNC looked like the better team much of that day.
And half their team opted out.
davido
AG
AGBU94 said:

we played bama before we were ready.

Sure would be nice to start faster. Games and the season.
cmac94
AG
Don't know….maybe though. It's more fu. If you quit anticipating it rather than just watch and enjoy each game for what it is. I believe it will happen under Jimbo though.
EricHill
It really is next year. We are serious this time
Ag Tag
EricHill said:

It really is next year. We are serious this time
No doubt.
CampingAg
AG
Aggie football is the sign in the bar that permanently says free beer tomorrow.
riverrataggie
AG
Good thing about next year is, it's always next year.
Al Bula
AG
Lol at people who get their hopes up over Aggie football.

Cojack
You're not accounting for the ones that hit the portal after we go 7-5
AGBU94
AG
SteveA said:

Quote:

2020 was the year, and then Covid wrecked the season and we played bama before we were ready.
This is horse ***** We weren't close to Alabama. We won the orange bowl, but UNC looked like the better team much of that day.
How? 2020 was supposed to be the year. I even remember SEC Shorts mentioning the way the 2020 schedule lined up. I never said that we played bama close, just that we played them (in the covid altered schedule) before we were ready. At our best in 2020 and under the original schedule it may have turned out differently. As far as the UNC game goes, an uninspired team won that day. Looks don't matter, but the score does.

I think that one of my biggest concerns about a Fisher coached team is preparedness. It showed that way with App State, and it has showed at other times. In my opinion, we need to fix that early season readiness.
SBDavis87
AG
Wait till next eon!

Just like Dumbo's contract, the Phanerozoic isn't going anywhere because it is long and subject to extensions due to constantly evolving poor planning by universe regents.
GigEmReggie
SteveA said:

Quote:

And had basically all their best players sitting out. 2020 was fools gold enabled by an unusually down SEC West. The Florida game was the only impressive win of that season imo.
GigEmReggie
AGBU94 said:

SteveA said:

Quote:

How? 2020 was supposed to be the year. I even remember SEC Shorts mentioning the way the 2020 schedule lined up. I never said that we played bama close, just that we played them (in the covid altered schedule) before we were ready. At our best in 2020 and under the original schedule it may have turned out differently. As far as the UNC game goes, an uninspired team won that day. Looks don't matter, but the score does.

I think that one of my biggest concerns about a Fisher coached team is preparedness. It showed that way with App State, and it has showed at other times. In my opinion, we need to fix that early season readiness.
You don't get to wave off a 28 point loss by pointing to playing too early in the year. If we'd lost by like 10 or less, ok.
MouthBQ98
AG
Next year we'll at minimum get to watch the D-line rag doll the opposing offense play after play
schmellba99
AG
"Next year is the year!"

- Aggie tradition since 1939
firethewagonup
Agh, the Can Fran saying that made tshirt slogans famous.

Fear InoculAg said:

Wait until next year. Then next year will be the year.

But seriously. If Weigman doesn't get some real experience this season, next year is not the year. We can't start another year with a huge question mark at QB.
Gigem Aggies
ABATTBQ11
AG
If it's this year, then next year is the year
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
Sure. Why not.
"If I told you we would beat texas you would say I was braggin'. If I told you we won't beat 'em, I'd be lyin' to you". -Texas A&M Head footbal coach Emory Bellard's response to a reporter before the game, 1975.
TAMUallen
AG
You're not an Aggie if you don't know that next year will ALWAYS be the year
SECTAMU#1
I am quite positive that 2037 is the year.
aggiedad7
DallasAg 94 said:

Next year WILL be the year.

We'll be loaded.

Bama was the type game King needed and playing Bama is always a great experience for teams.

The game will come much slower for King. His reads, his urgency... the game is just going to slow down for him. It was why Max was critical for us. Between the 2 of them we'll be solid next season at QB.

Our OL:
LT: RS Fr, RS Fr
LG: RS So, RS So
C: So, RS Fr
RG: RS Jr, RS So
RT: So, Fr

We'll return the entire 2-Deep OL. In fact, if Achane leavs... He is likely the only loss on our Offense 2-Deep (not counting Ainias).

On D, we have Russell (MLB) and Demani (S) are our only started we likely lose. Including 2-Deep... George (NB) is the only other possible loss.

IF we stay healthy and there are no surprises... like getting arrested for speeding and hurting someone in a parking garage... We should be a Top 5 team to start the season.
Problem will be at QB. Until you have one you don't. Until the QB takes their step up they haven't and nobody knows what CW or King will be like in 10 months.
AGFEVER
Let me answer it this way. If it isn't next year, it will be the next year after that.

But..ask me again in 2 yrs just to be sure.
Aggie_Nuke
AG
Ribavirin said:

Just trying to get my timing right been waiting for about 30 years?

The answer is NO, wait 'till next year. As for me, I've been waiting about 54 years !

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
Jarrin' Jay
AG
SteveA said:

Quote:

Nobody was close to Alabama that season, but we were as close as anyone and probably should have finished #2 that season. The only reason Smith won the Heisman was Waddle was injured, and they also had the #1 RB and a great QB, and as always a strong D.

As for the Orange Bowl, aTm was leading at the end of the 1Q and HT, scored 24 in the 4th quarter, outgained UNC by 100+ yards, won the TO battle, and the two brief times UNC took the lead aTm immediately tied the game or took the lead. Was it closer than the final score until the last 7 minutes, yes, but UNC never looked like the better team in that game, period.

As for the 2022 vs. 2023 Aggies, we should be a very good team next season, assuming no major transfer portal attrition but King has to improve or Weigeman takes over, QB must be a difference maker.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.