Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***** OFFICIAL TEXAS AGGIES VS.ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE *****

232,165 Views | 4009 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 12thMan9
TAMU74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RED III said:

If Stewart fakes to the outside and then breaks in on the slant, he's wide open.
Exactly right.
The replay makes that perfectly clear
PatAg
AG

King never even looks to his left, throw it the back pylon and go celebrate with your team
also, horrible throwing motion leads to a wide throw again
Reno Hightower
Heckuva'n effort boys!

Proud of y'all. Hard fought.
merch
Of course he didn't look left. He only looks at one receiver on a given pass play
FTAG 2000
AG
Martin Cash said:

Clock operator screwed us out of one more play.

doesn't matter. jimbo would have given us another 1% chance of success play call
Whirligigs
Sgt Poore said:

Should have lined up in an I formation and ran it down their throat. I understand our O-line sucks, but the goal line play earlier in the game would have caused the linebackers to hesitate just enough for Achane to score. It was set up perfectly IMO.

Our oline with a designed run play is actually pretty good - that meat at least can create space for a couple of yards.
1991sir
I did to, but I think Haynes made the wrong read. When Stewart turns around. The ball should have been there. Haynes looks down two receivers before he throws to Stewart. Go watch Nunos angle and watch it in slow motion. You can see where Haynes is looking.
TheAccidentalAg
AG
Kozmozag said:

Alabama gift wrapped that game for us.

Us: No thanks.
merch
Actually would have liked to see a pitch to Achane and tell him it is a race to pile on
Kozmozag
Dam I miss Johnny football.
Goose83
AG
Good grief, can someone hire a translator for the press conference, as I can't understand a word he's saying.
phillytex24
Artorias said:

King played hard but just doesn't have "it".
Should've kept Calzada!!! He just needed good coaching!
DevilD77
AG
If all of you *****in and moaning are so damn football smart, why aren't you getting paid to coach college football?
92Ag95
AG
I formation...lead blocker...tell O-Line they're blocking for their mamas and then run it right up the middle.

Ags win 27-24
Duckhook
AG
Ag Tag said:

Pretty damned good, we pushed no.1 to the limit. Moral victory!

How come I'm drunk and feel like **** then? F moral victories.
PatAg
AG
1991sir said:

I did to, but I think Haynes made the wrong read. When Stewart turns around. The ball should have been there. Haynes looks down two receivers before he throws to Stewart. Go watch Nunos angle and watch it in slow motion. You can see where Haynes is looking.
He's never actually looking at either WR in the middle, he is going to Stewart the wwhole time. He decided he was going there before the ball was snapped. He might be attempting to disguise where he is going, but hes not actually looking to throw inside
Onionman
I think it would have been nice to have Conner in on that last play (and earlier in the game).

But gutsy performance by King.
Whirligigs
DevilD77 said:

If all of you *****in and moaning are so damn football smart, why aren't you getting paid to coach college football?

Dude stfu - this is internet talk not people earning millions.
PatAg
AG
Goose83 said:

With King's mobility, I was expecting an old school roll-out, option type of play. That play was Spav-like in the fact that he wasn't even in the end zone. Even if he does catch it, he's not getting in.

That said, the game was like watching four quarters of two punch drunk fighters flailing around in the ring. Ugly, ugly football.
King doesnt have that in his bag
Paul Dirac
2 yards.

two freaking yards

If he catches the ball we lose 1/2 yard.
KCup17
AG
Last play aside Evan Stewart a Dawg. He played well tonight.
1991sir
I think the read was supposed to be the one on one match up to the left side. Think the movement to the right side was the decoy, Haynes felt Evan could bail him out. Bad choice by Haynes. I think Jimbo wanted him to go to the left. That was the play call
zephyr88
AG
annie88 said:

Should've run it. And I still say you should put Connor in at the half.

Looking forward to seeing him play in South Carolina
Kozmozag
Kingbshould have stuck the ball in Stewart's chest as he breaks right...touchdown. instead he back bedals and throws into the stands.
Stat Monitor Repairman
usmcbrooks
IMHO, should have been LJ Johnson running behind 18.
Duckhook
AG
PatAg said:

Goose83 said:

With King's mobility, I was expecting an old school roll-out, option type of play. That play was Spav-like in the fact that he wasn't even in the end zone. Even if he does catch it, he's not getting in.

That said, the game was like watching four quarters of two punch drunk fighters flailing around in the ring. Ugly, ugly football.

I don't know why we keep buying into this notion that King is so mobile. He might have good straight-line speed, but his first few steps are VERY slow. That's why our option plays never work. He can't get to the edge quickly.
1991sir
Look down a few posts, I say where I think Jimbo wanted him to go. What I'm saying is, if Evan was his read. The route he ran, the ball has to come out immediately. With the expectation that Stewart will make the space. But I do believe he looked at the receiver crossing.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Paul Dirac said:

2 yards.

two freaking yards

If he catches the ball we lose 1/2 yard.
Live, i though it was a busted play.

Because theres no way anybody would do something like that.
PatAg
AG
So is Jimbo just completely wrong with his QB evaluation that Weigman cant beat out King?
Or does Weigman just suck, and we are screwed
Paul Dirac
Jimbo says hold my beer
PatAg
AG
1991sir said:

Look down a few posts, I say where I think Jimbo wanted him to go. What I'm saying is, if Evan was his read. The route he ran, the ball has to come out immediately. With the expectation that Stewart will make the space. But I do believe he looked at the receiver crossing.
He doesnt even step into the throw, its just infuriating
Paul Dirac
O/U on # of times Jimbo will use the word "execute" in post-game press conference?

Goose83
AG
Duckhook said:

PatAg said:

Goose83 said:

I don't know why we keep buying into this notion that King is so mobile. He might have good straight-line speed, but his first few steps are VERY slow. That's why our option plays never work. He can't get to the edge quickly.
I'm guessing because compared to Max, he looks like Curtis Dickey.

Still trying to figure out how our $100 Million QB Guru Coach keeps ending up with such mediocre performing QB's. Maybe we need to start redirecting more of our NIL money to QB's from now on.
TulaneAg
Paul Dirac said:

O/U on # of times Jimbo will use the word "execute" in post-game press conference?

First Page
Page 114 of 115

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.