Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

9 of 22 Starters Out vs Bama

11,909 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Goose83
Bill Superman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jones, Chappell and Zuhn out this weekend also. With Max, Smith, Adeleye, Moko, Jackson and White all out of course too.

Still think Jimbo and the boys have a shot at putting it all together again vs an even more dominate bama squad in tuscaloosa?

I'd love to see it, but I forecast the zoo calling for Jimbo's head even more. An epicly bad weekend could even have the zoo clamoring for Sark.

Hopefully Jimbo and co. are ready to surprise us.

mustang1234
there is not any depth on this team. so i do not think any surprises will occur.
My Name Is Judge
mustang1234 said:

there is not any depth on this team. so i do not think any surprises will occur.

There's a crap ton of depth on this team

Nobody knows what there doing tho… we'll bc ya know… Jimbo being a ****ing idiot & all….
KatyAggie01
In year 5 this should be manageable. I do question our strength and conditioning.
sincereag
Injuries have been my biggest concern so far this year with this team. We need what few experienced players we have on the field and we keep losing them instead of getting them healthy. We aren't winning any SEC games with a bunch of fish playing.
And what's the deal with Jackson? He was dressed out against Miami and he still isn't seeing the field. He was supposed to be a stud on the DLine for us.
NyAggie
AG
The zuhn loss is a big one

Chappel on top of jones is not good either

Likely we get demolished Saturday night
Too Chains
AG
Friendly reminder to make this loss more manageable by betting Bama -24 if you can still get it. We can't do anything about our team's failures BUT we can feel a little better financially!
fightintxaggie10
AG
This was the year to make our splash and win the west. Ugh.
W
AG
all the folks that ripped Sumlin for 59-0 in 2014...

better lay low on Saturday night
Dr RC
My Name Is Judge said:

mustang1234 said:

Nobody knows what there doing tho… we'll bc ya know… Jimbo being a ****ing idiot & all….
If there was a crap ton of depth on the team we wouldn't be playing so many freshmen.
MS812
Don't think Zuhn is for sure out. Billy said he was limited this week in practice. Nothing concrete if he'll play or not,
Old Sarge
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

As disappointed as I am with this season, this is not the case. Most Sports Talking Heads had an "improvement" over last year by maybe a game, or perhaps to in the W column, but next year being our year to win the West. As one put it on ESPN U (SiriusXM) this morning...(paraphrased) "looking at all of what they had lost after last year, (listed all the players that were key to LAST years 8-4 effort)..who in their right minds would think they'd have a great year this year. I thought 7-5 was realistic, knowing that next year was THE year, not this one... however we better start getting the OL and some other things figured out or things won't change next year.

I am not done with Fisher, as I think overall he's the best coach we've had since RC. But RC was used to having his coaches picked up by programs like Elko was, and while I like a OC that is a ball control hog, we need Fisher to incorporate some misdirection and pre snap movement and act on the things that come from it. or hand his offense off to a OC that gets it but can adapt it.
"Green" is the new RED.
QB1
AG
Did we really expect much when we rolled out 20+ fish vs shsu? That game was all I needed.
greg.w.h
AG
QB1 said:

Did we really expect much when we rolled out 20+ fish vs shsu? That game was all I needed.
All you needed to…what? Be realistic about what the upside was this year???
Cojack
Seems we lose more starters to injury than any other team every year
gA_CMAB_FA
All teams have injuries after 5 games.. It's effin D1 football. The Aggies aren't unlucky or snake-bitten. We hear the "injury and "youth" BS every year like it only happens to A&M. Jesus, stop already. Fisher is a Fraud, just like Sumlin.
Eagle78
gA_CMAB_FA said:

All teams have injuries after 5 games.. It's effin D1 football. The Aggies aren't unlucky or snake-bitten. We hear the "injury and "youth" BS every year like it only happens to A&M. Jesus, stop already. Fisher is a Fraud, just like Sumlin.

There is a major flaw in your analysis. The team is very very young. Very few upperclassmen on this team. It's astonishing how young we are this year.
Agsrback12
Sumlins 59-0 was much worse. We gave up in that one.

We can have the offense go 110% the entire game and still get shutout this year.
Divining Rod
Chappell out is probably the single biggest factor; that is Huge in a very bad way.
Batman96
My Name Is Judge said:

mustang1234 said:

This is so freaking true though!

When the ball is snapped (or skipped on the turf) back to the quarterback and at least 1 or 2 offensive lineman and 1 or 2 receivers have no clue what their job is on the play ON ALMOST EVERY PLAY it has to be a coaching FAIL.
Aggie1188
gA_CMAB_FA said:

lol. You're a DA. Being bad at offense doesn't make a head coach a fraud, you goofyFk.
Hehateme1
fightintxaggie10 said:

Whoever said or thought this needs to not be able to vote or drive or go on dates.
Fins Up!
AG
I was at that game.
All I do is Nguyen
The only surprise will be if Bama hangs 50 or 60 on us
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Lake08
The 24 points is an early Xmas gift. Take Bama
levypantsEOY
Old Sarge said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

As disappointed as I am with this season, this is not the case. Most Sports Talking Heads had an "improvement" over last year by maybe a game, or perhaps to in the W column, but next year being our year to win the West. As one put it on ESPN U (SiriusXM) this morning...(paraphrased) "looking at all of what they had lost after last year, (listed all the players that were key to LAST years 8-4 effort)..who in their right minds would think they'd have a great year this year. I thought 7-5 was realistic, knowing that next year was THE year, not this one... however we better start getting the OL and some other things figured out or things won't change next year.

I am not done with Fisher, as I think overall he's the best coach we've had since RC. But RC was used to having his coaches picked up by programs like Elko was, and while I like a OC that is a ball control hog, we need Fisher to incorporate some misdirection and pre snap movement and act on the things that come from it. or hand his offense off to a OC that gets it but can adapt it.

Wrong. This team is poorly coached and that won't change next year. We are regressing as a program.
Bill Superman
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

The only surprise will be if Bama hangs 50 or 60 on us
I would actually be more surprised if they don't…
Big Shawn
Reggiesankles said:

In year 5 this should be manageable. I do question our strength and conditioning.
EXACTLY!!!
WolfCall
AG
Cojack said:

Seems we lose more starters to injury than any other team every year
As I recall, Robert Cessna wrote an article 20+ years ago about the Oklahoma 2000 National Championship Team having zip injuries to any of their starters for the entire season. He stated that the starters did not even have a hangnail.
No Spin Ag
mustang1234 said:

Of course there's no depth; it's not as if Jimbo's had a few years to get this team to where someone of his salary would have them. Oh wait...
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
WolfCall
AG
No Spin Ag said:

mustang1234 said:

Of course there's no depth; it's not as if Jimbo's had a few years to get this team to where someone of his salary would have them. Oh wait...
^ This.

Mike Leach has been at Mississippi State for 2 1/2 years and MSU has beaten us twice, last year they beat us at home.
texasaggie2015
AG
If you got this info from that tweet by a random Cooper kid, he has no inside knowledge and has no idea what he's talking about. Take it with a grain of salt. All those guys are dealing with injuries, but a couple could very well play this weekend.
TexasAggie_97
AG
WolfCall said:

No Spin Ag said:

mustang1234 said:

^ This.

Mike Leach has been at Mississippi State for 2 1/2 years and MSU has beaten us twice, last year they beat us at home.
Well to be fair Leach is a better coach...at least he's better at getting the most out of his players by modifying his scheme to fit their talents.
GW Ag
levypantsEOY said:

Old Sarge said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

Wrong. This team is poorly coached and that won't change next year. We are regressing as a program.
I could not agree more. This is the poorest coached field of aggies that I have seen in years. We are going on 5 years with this coach and I just do not see any improvement. Every year we say wait till next year. F that. If thats IF we can keep all these guys from hitting the portal maybe we could be better next year if Jimbo can coach them up.
Bill Superman
AG
Surprised nobody here has pointed their finger at Brandon Sanders yet…
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.