Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

9 of 22 Starters Out vs Bama

11,905 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Goose83
aggiedaddie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fightintxaggie10 said:

This was the year to make our splash and win the west. Ugh.
I'm still confused about that. How did we go from contender to rebuilding since last summer? If we have a young and inexperienced team now, what were we looking at back then? Minus a couple of injuries, are we not the same team as we were in the summer?
AGBU94
AG
aggiedaddie said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

I'm still confused about that. How did we go from contender to rebuilding since last summer? If we have a young and inexperienced team now, what were we looking at back then? Minus a couple of injuries, are we not the same team as we were in the summer?
Rebuilding doesn't sell like contender does. You need look no further than this website to realize that the highs are never as high as the pumpers say they are and the lows are not as low either.

Texags sells based off of the excitement that they can build for the football team. They know nothing more than you or I do.
Bill Superman
AG
Bryce Young is out vs our 9 bring out.

Are we even yet?
Bill Superman
AG
How many starters are out is another thread that just started. Wonder if we can assist?
TxAg76
AG
Big Shawn said:

Reggiesankles said:

In year 5 this should be manageable. I do question our strength and conditioning.
EXACTLY!!!

Most of the players on that field haven't had much time yet within our strength and conditioning program
Coog_aTm
As soon as I saw White's and Smith's injuries I knew they were serious and possibly season ending. Hopefully, White will be back at some point this season.

It seems like we have a lot of guys injured this year. I wonder how many are serious or how many are turf toe, etc.

I kept hearing the Brownlow-Dindy and Jackson were almost ready for weeks. What is the deal? We really need them and Turmise back.
Bill Superman
AG
TxAg76 said:

Big Shawn said:

Reggiesankles said:

In year 5 this should be manageable. I do question our strength and conditioning.
EXACTLY!!!

Most of the players on that field haven't had much time yet within our strength and conditioning program
So it's just the curse then…
beerad12man
AG
Questioning the S&C is kind of ridiculous. At best, it's just lazy, and is the very definition of having to blame something or someone.

It's almost assuredly mostly just bad luck. We saw a couple of these injuries, and most have zero to do with s&c. Literally nothing you could do to prevent them
beerad12man
AG
This was always a 9-3 or 10-2 year by the most optimistic(any reasonable optimist). Never a championship caliber team. That was dependent on good qb play, too. Well, we haven't had it for the 2nd year in a row. But even an elite qb wouldn't take this team to the promised land. We lack the OL and pass rushers to do so. I expected us to be better, but if you told me neither king or Johnson would be anything better than average(and arguably less than average), I'd immediately go back on my 9-3/10-2 prediction to 7-5/8-4.

Now, all of these holes are the fault of the head coach in year 5. Qb, ol, wr, and edge rusher play. But on paper, the 2023 and and 2024 teams would kick this teams ass. We just have to keep guys on campus better and develop them.
spherical
AG
Dr RC said:

My Name Is Judge said:

mustang1234 said:

there is not any depth on this team. so i do not think any surprises will occur.

There's a crap ton of depth on this team

Nobody knows what there doing tho… we'll bc ya know… Jimbo being a ****ing idiot & all….
If there was a crap ton of depth on the team we wouldn't be playing so many freshmen.

Depth must go in age order?
beerad12man
AG
The depth we have are the true freshman…..

But when you are playing 8-9 of them on defense and 4-5 on offense, you were/are never going better than 9-3 on a good day. That's if all of Andre White, McKinnley Jackson, Jaylon Jones, Max Wright, Layden Robinson, etc were all healthy.

Maybe by years end that depth will start to shine and become a good team. Maybe
beerad12man
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Old Sarge said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

As disappointed as I am with this season, this is not the case. Most Sports Talking Heads had an "improvement" over last year by maybe a game, or perhaps to in the W column, but next year being our year to win the West. As one put it on ESPN U (SiriusXM) this morning...(paraphrased) "looking at all of what they had lost after last year, (listed all the players that were key to LAST years 8-4 effort)..who in their right minds would think they'd have a great year this year. I thought 7-5 was realistic, knowing that next year was THE year, not this one... however we better start getting the OL and some other things figured out or things won't change next year.

I am not done with Fisher, as I think overall he's the best coach we've had since RC. But RC was used to having his coaches picked up by programs like Elko was, and while I like a OC that is a ball control hog, we need Fisher to incorporate some misdirection and pre snap movement and act on the things that come from it. or hand his offense off to a OC that gets it but can adapt it.

Wrong. This team is poorly coached and that won't change next year. We are regressing as a program.

Want to bet that next years team won't be much better?
greg.w.h
AG
More underpaid, overqualified armchair coaches…
Goose83
AG
The way the starters are playing we might actually be better off.

Hard to believe this is where we are in year five, but hey Jimbo once won a Natty, amirite?

What a get we got.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.