Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fire Durkin Now

10,485 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ashley
ned911
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LMCane said:

1876er said:

Had to be one of the worst hires in history. Was known to have a toxic culture at Maryland and was universally hated. Then had an awful defense at Miss.

actually Durkin was very successful for Maryland, and only forced out because of the way the player died on the field.

I think he is a good coach.
You're just being a smart a$$ right?

He never won more than 6 games in a season and recruiting was tanking faster than a lead balloon.

He did beat the sips once and Canada beat them the second time. So maybe that's the definition of success... cause it was around here for decades lol
FTA Class of 1988
Onionman
Nice to know there are people on here that (regardless of how poor our offense is) know the D can be alot better under a different scheme.

I can't believe so many people on here are quick to rush in and say D is not a problem, it is the Offense...no, no no....the whole team stinks right now and both the Offense and Defense MUST improve!
Bogey1996
If you look at our DL depth chart and compare to our LB depth chart, no sane coordinator would think it is a good strategy to run a 3 man front. When watching the game, they constantly had open WR's, even if for only 3 or 4 yards, that still adds up to a first down every 3 plays. Just makes for more time-consuming drives. We were not stopping them. DL aren't going to want to play on a D where they are constantly double teamed because it is 3 vs 5 every play. There stats will suck and draft stock won't be where it should be. I can see a lot of transfers leaving.

And yes the O is problem as well. But we too much talent on D not to be dominant.
comalhowdy
Just fire Jimbo before Saturday night's national debacle. CBS is carrying the game nationally so no hiding from what's going to happen. 50-6 sounds likely.
Payoff Jimbo with truckloads of pennies sent to his ranch.
Oh and fire anyone who had anything to do with approving Jimbo's contract or extension. AD, chancellor, president, regent etc.
ashley
AGAZ03 said:

Who runs a three man front in the SEC?

This ain't the Big12.

Alabama, Georgia and Michigan run a three man front.
I just added Michigan for good measure.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.