Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Season effectively over

10,186 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by one safe place
AggieNAnnArbor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Season over by the first day of October….. welcome to pretty much the last 8 decades of A&M football.
whytho987654
Look at the positive, now your Saturdays are free. Was gonna go to the uf game with some buddies, but we decided to just watch the game at a bar in Dallas and go out in Dallas instead of cstat. Saves a good chunk of change
JBGoode
AG
KCup17 said:

What the hell was this board like in the mid 2000's when we actually sucked?

I'm not sure you understand the gravity of the current suckage. Hang in there, we got more games on the way.
sharpdressedman
Stopping a stampede to the transfer portal has become a primary objective, more so than winning a few remaining games.
MagnumLoad
To OP, no it's not. Still a lot to play for.
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
halfastros81
AG
Disagree that there is nothing to play for. Granted, championship football is for all practical purposes out of reach this yr but learning how to play and getting game experience is important for the future.

We likely will struggle to get bowl eligible the way things are going . I don't really care that much about that but I do care about development and getting on a late roll would bode well for the future. The players and maybe even moreso the coaching staff need to learn how to win.
JBGoode
AG
sharpdressedman said:

Stopping a stampede to the transfer portal has become a primary objective, more so than winning a few remaining games.

Non-issue unless Jimbo is the one transferring.
KCup17
AG
I'm not sure you understand it either...
AceAggie05
AG
Cromagnum said:

Even if we won out (laughable because we have zero chance to beat Bama), we aren't going to the SEC championship.

I'm only bringing this up because you said it. If we win out, barring Miss State winning out, we absolutely go to the sec championship. Not saying it's going to happen, but there's still plenty to play for.
TMartin
There were some guys that were being heavily counted on this year (i.e.#35) that have not been on the field for whatever reason. After next week they might as well get ready for the draft while A&M develops next year's team.
LMCane
Hoss Bronco said:

AggieMainland said:

We are so bad. It's not that we lost. We were dominated. No real quick fix
But we really weren't that dominated. We had several chances to have a very different outcome (dropped pass in end zone, Achane fumble inside the 10, blocked field goal for a touchdown, two missed interceptions (one likely a pick 6)). Any two of those changing could have produced a different outcome. Yeah the score was bad, but it got out of hand at the very end. And I think King now has more interceptions than passing touchdowns on the year.

These are not excuses. We failed and lost miserably, but this could have just as easily looked like the terrible Arkansas game last week (which is also unacceptable).
as an observer with no personal stake:

the Aggies were not the better team and deserved to lose.

the score could have been worse the other way as well.

on the other hand, MSU is no joke and a solid top 20 team.
Nino Brown
Well players play to compete, improve and get drafted.

Coaches to keep their job, compete or get a promotion.

Luckily some of you guys aren't playing or coaching. So it's really pretty irrelevant if you have anything to play for or not since you don't.
JBGoode
AG
Nino Brown said:

And what do fans play for? To WIN. I'm glad you've conceded that our coaches and players don't.
OTredux
I am majorly down on team due to Dimbo, but even I think OP is idiot. Lots to play for
aggrad02
AG
Cromagnum said:

What do we really have to play for anymore? Even if we won out (laughable because we have zero chance to beat Bama), we aren't going to the SEC championship. We wouldn't even make the expanded playoffs if it was ready to go this year.

If nothing else pride… grow a pair.
Furlock Bones
AG
Yes for all intents and purposes the season is a complete waste.
Ashes4Trees
This team can lose Saturday and still win 10.

Definitely not over.
So, so you think you can tell Heaven from hell
Blue skies from pain Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?

Do you think you can tell? Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?

Hot ashes for trees?
HoustonAg2021
At year 5 with our talent. Our seasons now end when we can no longer make the playoff or SEC game. Bowls don't mean anything, we want championships.
bkaggies95
AG
Hoss Bronco said:

Battered.Ag said:

FAT SEXY said:

The team could still grow and improve. Seasons like this can still end up being kinda fun. Playing the role of spoiler and trying to build momentum and all that jazz.

I'm so sick of this loser mentality

The loser mentality is calling the season over. It's not looking promising, but unless you believe State will win out, we may still control our destiny in the SEC. Either way, we still have a lot to play for.

Holy sh*t, this would be the most Aggie thing ever. Win out and play Georgia in the SEC Championship and win and then complain that the Playoff committee left out a two loss SEC Champion.
Batzarro
AG
This is a legitimate rebuilding year. Our o-line is young and not yet good. I've never considered saying "rebuilding" year as an excuse until now and I was a student in the Fran years.
TexasStone
HoustonAg2021
Rebuilding, young, and injury bug since 1998
SBDavis87
AG
Maybe this situation is made for all Aggies to come back together and realize they are Aggies and that is what it is about - Aggies being together.
Spaceball 1
AG
The stress of winning it all is gone, just enjoy kids throwing a ball around a field with 100,000 of your closest friends
GigEmReggie
The only point in the season after this coming Saturday is to see what we have in Weigman and start playing the **** out of freshmen to try and keep them from the portal.
The Zookeeper
AG
Win-out.
mb31454
I think that the end of the season is upon us, only if those who control coaching make no changes going forward. A&M has the athletes to excel in the SEC, the best fan base of the SEC and the best or close to the best facilities in the SEC. This might come down to the AD and/or Chancellor Sharp going forward.
Nino Brown
JBGoode said:

Nino Brown said:

And what do fans play for? To WIN. I'm glad you've conceded that our coaches and players don't.

Fans play? Da faque are you talking about man. Players always play to win regardless of their record. But you've obviously never played or competed in college athletics.
EliteZags
AG
technically winning out should likely still get us to the SECCG
Sq 17
OTredux said:

I am majorly down on team due to Dimbo, but even I think OP is idiot. Lots to play for

Op is an idiot because winning out does probably get us to The CCG
ApachePilot
AG
Honestly what's worse to me isn't that this season is a failure but our problems won't be fixed unless the head coach changes course and he seems determined on the present.

one safe place
sharpdressedman said:

Not doing enough of the latter might help trigger the former.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.