Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Season effectively over

10,145 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by one safe place
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What do we really have to play for anymore? Even if we won out (laughable because we have zero chance to beat Bama), we aren't going to the SEC championship. We wouldn't even make the expanded playoffs if it was ready to go this year.

Post removed:
by user
Reno Hightower
NY6 is likely completely out of the question after next Saturday.
Texas A&M
Reno Hightower said:

NY6 is likely completely out of the question after next Saturday.
After being too scared to play in a bowl game last year, I'm beginning to wonder if any bowl game is in our future this year.
Humorous Username
AG
FAT SEXY said:

The team could still grow and improve. Seasons like this can still end up being kinda fun. Playing the role of spoiler and trying to build momentum and all that jazz.

We've played spoiler for the last 24 years. It got old after 10 years.
Battered.Ag
AG
FAT SEXY said:

The team could still grow and improve. Seasons like this can still end up being kinda fun. Playing the role of spoiler and trying to build momentum and all that jazz.

I'm so sick of this loser mentality
Aggie_Journalist
AG
At this point, you just hope the program doesn't completely collapse. Jimbo needs to start searching for an OC to hand the reigns to, needs to hold the ship together and prevent any transfers, and you hope everyone learns as much as they can going into next year. We could still have one dumb lucky upset in us before the season ends. And hopefully we see improvement from the OL as they get more experience
Thanks and gig'em
Just Tired
Humorous Username said:

FAT SEXY said:

We've played spoiler for the last 24 years. It got old after 10 years.
we've spoiled the spoiler role.
Post removed:
by user
Hoss Bronco
AG
Battered.Ag said:

FAT SEXY said:

The loser mentality is calling the season over. It's not looking promising, but unless you believe State will win out, we may still control our destiny in the SEC. Either way, we still have a lot to play for.
dcg4403
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

At this point, you just hope the program doesn't completely collapse. Jimbo needs to start searching for an OC to hand the reigns to, needs to hold the ship together and prevent any transfers, and you hope everyone learns as much as they can going into next year. We could still have one dumb lucky upset in us before the season ends. And hopefully we see improvement from the OL as they get more experience
Best we could hope for. Don't forgot new OL too!!
Specialized
AG
Cromagnum said:

What do we really have to play for anymore? Even if we won out (laughable because we have zero chance to beat Bama), we aren't going to the SEC championship. We wouldn't even make the expanded playoffs if it was ready to go this year.

Not saying it's likely, but if we won out we would go to sec championship game.
AggieMainland
We are so bad. It's not that we lost. We were dominated. No real quick fix
cords12
YEP! Thank the Lord for the Houston Astros!
Hoss Bronco
AG
AggieMainland said:

We are so bad. It's not that we lost. We were dominated. No real quick fix
But we really weren't that dominated. We had several chances to have a very different outcome (dropped pass in end zone, Achane fumble inside the 10, blocked field goal for a touchdown, two missed interceptions (one likely a pick 6)). Any two of those changing could have produced a different outcome. Yeah the score was bad, but it got out of hand at the very end. And I think King now has more interceptions than passing touchdowns on the year.

These are not excuses. We failed and lost miserably, but this could have just as easily looked like the terrible Arkansas game last week (which is also unacceptable).
DustysLineup
AG
Battered.Ag said:

FAT SEXY said:

What else can fans do? Football is still interesting even if you're no longer expecting your favorite team to be very good.
NoahAg
We can still go 9-3. Just clean up a few mistakes.
Let's go, Brandon!
HoustonAggie37713
To be honest it seems like most of the fan base wants Jimbo gone. If he goes 6-6, the pressure starts to mount. Have a bad season in 23 and I could see him getting fired.
sportsfreak1975
The season isn't over. Go out there and play like there is nothing to lose and let people earn a starting position for next year. Hold nothing back and let's see what these younger kids have in them. I still support the team!
northeastag
AG
We will be dogs in nearly every game going forward. There is still fun in game day, and rooting for the underdog to actually pull one out can be fun as well.

But this style of football we play on both sides of the ball is dull and frustrating to watch. In a first for me, I enjoyed most of the other games yesterday a lot more than our own. They were entertaining and ours was just so putrid.
rsf0626
The season is over, but at least there's a chance we can see Weigman play some
rsf0626
antman8504
AG
After App State, Miami and Arkansas - you really couldn't believe that this team was going to the SEC championship??

Happy they won Miami and Arkansas. All I hope for is that they keep fighting, win some more games and show progress to future recruits to keep them on board.
Hop Sing
Hopefully we make the weed eater, poulan , advocate bowl in schreeevsport.
TyperWoods
We work to fix the problems. OLine and QB. Improve our defense.

We can still have a decent season. Sure, it will be disappointing because expectations were too high.
antman8504
AG
This team plays not to lose. If the rails come off one season, it might actually make this team play with some hunger next year.
Battered.Ag
AG
Harry Lime said:

Battered.Ag said:

FAT SEXY said:

What else can fans do? Football is still interesting even if you're no longer expecting your favorite team to be very good.

Here's an idea: continue to support the team without calling the piss being dumped on your head "rain"
Battered.Ag
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Battered.Ag said:

FAT SEXY said:

Explain to me how this is a loser mentality? I have no control over the team my guy. I was just listing things that could make the season fun(in moments)

Hell, A&M beat Alabama last year after sucking A** the few weeks prior. That was a fun night.

Go play in traffic.

Personal attacks, yikes. I'm sorry that your wife stopped pleasing you far too quickly after the honeymoon, big guy. Maybe take a break from the internet if you can't handle dissent RE: your sh*tty takes.
Actual Talking Thermos
Battered.Ag said:

FAT SEXY said:

It's a loser mentality to be thinking "what's the point of beating Bama if we don't win the conference/make the playoff?" The point is you win, loser.

If everyone thought like you there couldn't be any college football. Almost every team is eliminated from championship contention well before the end of the season. People still watch because college football is great, because until the season is over there's always a chance for another win. Because no matter what happened last week and the week before, it's a whole new slate of games where any team can win and any team can lose.

If you just want to reliably watch the good guys vanquish the bad guys, sports probably isn't for you. Try Marvel movies or something.
Aggiefan979
Actually if we somehow were to win out A&M would still go to the SEC championship game as long as MSU loses one more conference game. Right?
rootube
AG
Season is far from over but we can stop dreaming about a championship and just hope we get better every week.
W
AG
another issue is the opt outs.

as the losses mount and after seeing what happened to A.Smith...any draft-eligible player is / will / should tap out of the last few games
alamogeorge
AG
Cromagnum said:

Pretty stupid to say that one year after another underperforming team did just that. Not saying we will but zero chance? You failed statistics, didn't you?
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Actual Talking Thermos said:

Battered.Ag said:

FAT SEXY said:

It's a loser mentality to be thinking "what's the point of beating Bama if we don't win the conference/make the playoff?" The point is you win, loser.

If everyone thought like you there couldn't be any college football. Almost every team is eliminated from championship contention well before the end of the season. People still watch because college football is great, because until the season is over there's always a chance for another win. Because no matter what happened last week and the week before, it's a whole new slate of games where any team can win and any team can lose.

If you just want to reliably watch the good guys vanquish the bad guys, sports probably isn't for you. Try Marvel movies or something.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
Guy12
Pathetic. Do you expect the team to continue with that kind of mentality?

Do you call yourself the 12th man?
KCup17
AG
What the hell was this board like in the mid 2000's when we actually sucked?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.