Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sling

7,414 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DD88
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good piece. Thanks for sharing. In the DFW area one service that really does matter to sports fans is Bally because of Rangers, Mavs, and Stars games. One thing to check in is which regional sports networks matter to you as well. It wasn't easy to discern reading what is in effect a "national" article. Sometimes there are additional packages that can add those, but just keep it in mind if it's important to you.

I've heard YTTV's DVR is the easiest to use if that's important. Note that to use over-the-top streaming you need to watch any data caps. For example xfinity uncaps data when you're on the 300mbps tier or higher. Higher quality streams tend to consume more data, but most of the ESPN streams top out around 720p iirc. Movies in 4K are the big streams.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I don't have cable. I was watching the Mississippi State game on YouTube before there was a copyright message that blocked my view of the stream.
greg.w.h
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

I don't have cable. I was watching the Mississippi State game on YouTube before there was a copyright message that blocked my view of the stream.
Hmm…guess that wasn't YouTube TV…
drewser95
AG
Hobbes01 said:

Looks like Sling was finally able to renew with Disney in the end. Course it was after I canceled my subscription and went with Hulu Live. Their $5 credit offer to return seems ridiculous though. Why not a free month after screwing everyone out of a weekend of football. Anyway, posting for those who may not be aware.
Hmmm…I got an email offering $10 off the first month, then $5/mo for the next five months.

Honestly I would have probably reactivated regardless - $46/mo (with SECN) is still tough to beat. Although I would imagine that's going to be going up soon, depending on what Sling/Dish had to pay the mouse to renew.
A is A
AG
Hulu live gets you Hulu, espn+, and disney+
alamogeorge
AG
I guess I lucked out. I cancelled my subscription effective Friday because I'll be on vacation.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
The other reason DirecTv Stream is a win for me is that it has ATT Sportsnet so I can stream anywhere anytime and get Aggie games AND Astros games.
Enviroag02
AG
I switched to Youtube TV. It's pretty much the same price for me with the Sling Orange/Blue Combo plus Hallmark (for the wife).
Sparkie
AG
Get a Roku

YoutubeTV

Hulu Bundle - Hulu (no need for live tv), Espn+, Disney

You get sports and Espn+. Kids get Disney. Win/win

Add Espn+ app on Roku.
President-elect
Another vote for DirectTV Stream.

Get all the sports channels, including Bally Sports for Rangers and Astros.

Unlimited DVR.
Fannie Luddite
AG
Sling has reported that Disney and ESPN channels have been restored.

Probably not a bad thing some of us miss the game Saturday.
aftershock
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

The other reason DirecTv Stream is a win for me is that it has ATT Sportsnet so I can stream anywhere anytime and get Aggie games AND Astros games.

I didn't see ATTSN on the Direct TV site. Which package did you go with? I'm on Fubo right now, but I'm open to compare.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
It is included with Choice and higher packages. At least that is what they told me when I signed up last month.

And I signed up with Ultimate and it comes with unlimited DVR. System works great with Apple TV
CHEMAG20
Pitiful results this season, but generally have been able to watch live on YT
kyledr04
AG
A is A said:

Hulu live gets you Hulu, espn+, and disney+

I like Hulu live and they just added unlimited dvr. It's a good deal if you already have disney. There's also a way to get a discount with an Amex.
Turkey
AG
For those of us that don't have Sling, can you please clue us in on why you are cancelling?
drewser95
AG
I cancelled Saturday just in case it ended up being a months-long dispute, since I don't really watch anything else Sling offers other than ESPN. I signed back up yesterday once it got resolved.

Otherwise, no real complaints -- still the cheapest option for ESPN that I see (~$46 for the ESPN channels plus the sports pack to get SEC Network). I usually don't even watch the actual games on Sling itself -- just use my Sling credentials to log into the ESPN app.

If I hadn't cancelled Saturday, it would have turned into one of those things I would have put off & forgotten, and then the next thing you know 30 days later, dispute is still going on and I've just renewed for another month for something I wouldn't watch.
IslanderAg04
Get Fubo, alphabet is a commie sack of **** and needs to go under.
TXAGBQ76
AG
By you tube you mean Google right?
Bassinagfan
GoPackGo said:

How can I listen to the game on the radio on my phone driving outta town for a funeral
Radiaggieland.com or the App 1150 KZNE has the pre game, the game and the post game show for home games.
JSKolache
AG
Fubo is great platform, but the buy up package to get astros pushes price to almost $90. Which pisses me off. I cut the cord 6 years ago and here i am creeping up on cable prices again.
aftershock
JSKolache said:

Fubo is great platform, but the buy up package to get astros pushes price to almost $90. Which pisses me off. I cut the cord 6 years ago and here i am creeping up on cable prices again.

I'm paying $69.99 plus tax and have it. May depend on where you're at though.
cypress--ag
aftershock said:

JSKolache said:

I cancelled and signed up for the Hulu live +espns+ Disney + at 49.99 for 3 months.

Will likely return to sling after the promotion expires because nothing is good on ESPN + and would have caught up on everything worth watching on Disney before the deal expires.
Divining Rod
dfw-horn said:

Can anyone tell me what station carries radio broadcasts in Fort Worth? I've searched the dial and can't seem to find it and the Aggie network website lists a station but no game there.

A little late for last game, but sirius satellite has a 3 -month free deal- if cxl before 3 mos- no charge. you can get all nfl and college games in crystal clear sound. it's GREAT for traveling.
DD88
AG
cypress--ag said:

aftershock said:

JSKolache said:

I cancelled and signed up for the Hulu live +espns+ Disney + at 49.99 for 3 months.

Will likely return to sling after the promotion expires because nothing is good on ESPN + and would have caught up on everything worth watching on Disney before the deal expires.

We ended up going with the Hulu deal too. I think the $49.99 special expired 10/5.

Now we need to find an inexpensive way to add the AMC channel going forward since it doesn't come with Hulu.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.