Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Can someone explain this Jimbo insult by ESPN?

12,181 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by oldarmy93
Ugly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemags-99 said:

With a menu that big, nothing is really going to be exceptionally good. Small menu = specialization

I don't mind CF. It's okay, but nothing I'd ever seek out.

And that is the exact comparison that is being made.
Charlie Moran
AG
Harry I agree with you

ElephantRider
AG
EKUAg said:

SirDeofWood said:

I think it's funny. Jimbo needs to hear as much of this as possible. Never been a fan of his offense. Need to hire an OC!

Darrell Dickey is the OC.

A real OC that will call plays. Dickey is OC in title only
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
infinity ag said:

BigHead 04 said:

The menu has many pages.

Dumb joke. ESPN is stupid

Why does one of those sheets say Vandy??? How many years of game plans does he carry in his folder?
91AggieLawyer
AG
He is Ass My Dude said:

BS. It's a fair assessment. The stack of papers he has in hand is laughable.

I saw a tweet during the game about Jimbo doing his taxes between plays.
Something like that.

Funny!

Agree -- fair assessment.

Cheesecake Factory -- chuckle.

Taxes -- that's funny.

Some people need to lose their sensitivity to things. Chris Farley imitated Newt Gingrich once. Dan Akroyd did Bob Dole on SNL. Once, Jay Leno had a mock Jerry Springer set (with Jerry) where a Bill Clinton look-a-like came out and tackled him. All those were hysterical, regardless of who you support.
TMan86
AG
For those older Ags; I always thought it was hilarious when I bought a used textbook or, watched someone highlight entire pages, even chapters, of the book. Jimbo's play sheet is like that, EVERY play is highlighted.
Citizen Reign
gigemags-99 said:

With a menu that big, nothing is really going to be exceptionally good. Small menu = specialization

I don't mind CF. It's okay, but nothing I'd ever seek out.
If large menus and canned and frozen foods are something you want to overpay for, Applebees and CF, are there to waste your money on.
Loyalty
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

In one of the weekly write up articles, a writer said:

"Jimbo Fisher dove deep into his Cheesecake Factory menu -- wait, no, we're being told those are his play sheets -- and finally found a spark for the Aggies' offense, knocking off the Razorbacks 23-21."

I don't get the reference, what does he mean?

You already back from Lubbock? Great town right? Lol.
Loyalty
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Yeah because the recruits well. Which he's doing here.

If he recruits well enough to mitigate his mediocre coaching, IDGAF if his offense is archaic or his cheesecake factory sheets are silly or he looks like he shaved half his face with a disposable razor in a gas station bathroom (edited)

As long as he wins.

Edit. My initial response was inappropriate.
Harry Dunne
Yes, that's pretty accurate.

Although you're not really helping much by quoting it.
Harry Dunne
You're right, done.
Howdy Dammit
AG
The boy band member comment was actually pretty accurate considering he's an aspiring rapper named Lil Fi$h on SoundCloud.
Loyalty
AG
Howdy Dammit said:

The boy band member comment was actually pretty accurate considering he's an aspiring rapper named Lil Fi$h on SoundCloud.

Good for him, hope he's successful.
ccatag
AG
ESPN should know The Cheesecake Factory references belong to Vince Young. He ought to sue them.
Harry Dunne
Loyalty said:

Howdy Dammit said:

Heres a pic of your guy Lil Fi$h from his SoundCloud. Since you want to keep it classy, I figured you'd enjoy it.

Bring n WOOD
AG
At his salary you would think he could afford a plastic 3-Ring Binder!!
Loyalty
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Loyalty said:

Howdy Dammit said:

Heres a pic of your guy Lil Fi$h from his SoundCloud. Since you want to keep it classy, I figured you'd enjoy it.

Lol. Feel better?
Harry Dunne
No not really, you're right of course - we should not go after family on here. Even if they are little turds.
NathanChristie
AG
EA NCAA Football > Cheesecake Factory menu.
ontheway
AG
You are trying too hard.
spherical
AG
Is it not also a a Vince Young joke?
TexasAggie81
EKUAg said:

SirDeofWood said:

I think it's funny. Jimbo needs to hear as much of this as possible. Never been a fan of his offense. Need to hire an OC!

Riiiiiiiiiiight. He occupies the position, but everyone knows he's not the OC. Heck, even HE knows that.
The Agly Duckling
cupofjoe04 said:

Some of y'all need to grow a pear, and get a dog.

It was funny, and accurate. Jimbo is in the picture holding so many papers it looks like he is a trial lawyer with no briefcase. It's ridiculous. Like the Cheesecake Factory Menu- which is commonly used as the standard joke for things that have WAY too many options.
Counterpoint here; I like having a coach who has a **** ton of plays at his disposal and can process all of that to call plays that result in us winning.

Sometimes people who process information quickly tend to speak quickly so that they can verbalize as many of their thoughts as they can, though their mind is still working more quickly than anyone's speech can verbalize.

We have that kind of coach right now, and I like it. Unpopular view on this board, generally, but we can win BIG with this coach. Let's support his arse off and get more Ws.
12mn95
AG
EKUAg said:

SirDeofWood said:

That's funnier than the Cheesecake Factory joke
Batman96
EKUAg said:

SirDeofWood said:

And like he said, need to hire an OC.
Batman96
You gotta wonder sometimes if Jimbo doesn't have some kind of deal with Darrell Dickey.

"Darrell I tell you what, A&M is giving me a $1 million per year budget to hire an offensive coordinator. I will split it with you down the middle if you will just show up for the fall camp press conference & occasionally throughout the year"
milner79
Jimbo should adopt the Waffle House Menu offense!
Iowaggie
AG
cupofjoe04 said:

Some of y'all need to grow a pear, and get a dog.

It was funny, and accurate. Jimbo is in the picture holding so many papers it looks like he is a trial lawyer with no briefcase. It's ridiculous. Like the Cheesecake Factory Menu- which is commonly used as the standard joke for things that have WAY too many options.

Especially since many on this very board are saying the same thing in a less humorous way.

ETA: MaroonStain's version was funny too.
agmeister
S
I think there is a saying that states that a person doesn't listen to the opinions of someone he wouldn't take advice from. Which means some of you are just talking to yourselves.
Dogmeat
I don't know why they call it the ESPN network when we all know it to be the eSIPn network
oldarmy93
The Cheesecake Factory quip was hilarious. I laughed like crazy the first time i read it. That David Hale guy is a good writer and very funny. I go straight for his article every Sunay morning.

His commentary on the Iowa offense had me laughing so hard i was shaking.

People need to learn to take a joke, especially one that is basically true.

Like Aikman commenting that "it doesn't take much" to make Indiana football proud. Funny AND accurate.
oldarmy93
This is the article i was referring to. The guy is just hilarious.

On the wide open plains of Iowa, the Hawkeyes delivered a win so gloriously ugly, the only true complaint is that the 7-3 final score was marred by a late safety that left even Iowa fans, now secure in victory, dejected. It was a game that deserved a 5-3 final. To have anything else would be like Charles Dickens writing "A Tale of Two Cities" then naming it "A Book About France."

Upon the rolling hills of western North Carolina, the Tar Heels and Appalachian State packed nearly nine full Iowa games into the fourth quarter alone. App State jumped out to a 21-7 lead, UNC roared back and led 41-21 entering the fourth quarter, and then things got fun.

The Mountaineers scored on back-to-back drives. UNC answered. Two more App State touchdowns followed before the Tar Heels scored on a 42-yard pass from Drake Maye to take a 56-49 lead with just 2:50 to play.
Then four more touchdowns happened. Seriously -- four more TDs than in the entirety of the Iowa-South Dakota State game happened in less than 3 minutes of action at App State. It's possible space-time ceased to exist for a while.

The Tar Heels appeared to have escaped when Chase Brice overthrew his receiver on a 2-point try with 31 seconds to play, but North Carolina went and did the dumbest thing it could possibly do in the aftermath. It scored again. Putting UNC's defense on the field was akin to setting off M-80s in your closet. And sure enough, Brice hit Kaedin Robinson for a 26-yard TD pass with 9 seconds remaining to give App State one last 2-point try to tie.

The ending was anticlimactic. Brice was tackled at the 1 on a scramble -- or perhaps he just collapsed from sheer exhaustion.

In all, Brice and Maye threw for a combined 10 touchdowns, with each topping 350 yards through the air. Or, as they say in Iowa, a full season of Big Ten play.

Iowa and South Dakota State combined for 16 first downs and 21 completed passes. Or, as they say in North Carolina, the stuff you missed while in line for a beer.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.