Story Poster
Photo by Jamie Maury, TexAgs
Texas A&M Football

Kyle Field's night-game atmosphere impressed QB Conner Weigman

September 19, 2022

A five-star signee in the 2022 recruiting class, Conner Weigman has not taken his first snap yet, but that doesn't mean he's not helping the Aggies on Saturdays. In this exclusive interview, Weigman discusses his role on game day, Kyle Field's atmosphere vs. Miami and more.

Discussion from...

Kyle Field's night-game atmosphere impressed QB Conner Weigman

18,990 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sterling82
Cotton79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
^
|
|
LOL!

I'm sure Connor will get some tutoring along the way in the communication arts area. Besides, we didn't recruit him to sound good OFF the field, now did we?! What he does ON the field is magic... that's what counts.
NoahAg
Hopefully he's impressed enough not to transfer.
Let's go, Brandon!
Gyles Marrett
The smile when asked if he's ready should his number be called is telling along with the "they're here to see a show put on and that's what I do". The kid just exudes confidence and swagger. Can't wait to see him get on the field. Hopefully our coaches let him have his show before he transfers and is a star elsewhere.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Also. I think he did just fine.
Wrecking Crew 21
All he needs to do is lead when called upon!
Aggie 63
Batman96
This kid is the answer to our offensive issues!
AG
Batman96 said:

This kid is the answer to our offensive issues!

We may never know.
bulverdeaggie93
AG
read these comments first, expected poor interview… then watched… i actually thought he interviewed pretty well for an 18 yr old
Emilio Fantastico
AG
He almost sounds Cajun to me. What is his background?
Papa Joe
AG
Really like this kid to lead the Aggies down the road!
Gig 'em Conner Weigman!!!
snowdog90
Great kid!!
bfvp
Gyles Marrett
Thank god we weren't all judged by our speaking abilities when we were 18. It's a natural maturity process. They all improve. That being said, he sounded fine to me.

On this topic, I've been saying since NIL first began and we started seeing paid promotions by college athletes that these companies paying them need to also invest in getting them communication and speech training. Some of the NIL social media promotions I've seen have been so cringe worthy that I'd be annoyed if I was the company that paid them. It's as if they tell them "Hey go post on instagram of you talking about you like Canes" but provide them no professional guidance or marketing skills to create the post/ad. I think in the years to come you're going to see a market for this emerge with communication agencies working with top college athletes on their NIL promotions.
rangerdanger
AG
Saw him listening in on the pow wow's Jimbo would have with the offense on Saturday night. Not sure if that means he's officially QB2, or, is trying to soak in as much as he can, but it was certainly nice to see.
Sterling82
Hammer, hammer, screwdriver wrench
We want #15 off the bench!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.