Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Aggie Park Photos

7,319 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 74OA
Fitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cross-posting from a Premium thread by request. Photos are from the first couple of home games, plus added some from opening night concert.

Gig'Em

And because it's been called out elsewhere, worth acknowledging that construction is still ongoing to deliver the next phase - basically adding another 2 acres where the VPSA house was previously. Future building is an expansion for The Association and will host Ring Day moving forward. It'll be absolutely iconic and a great capstone to the whole project. Images from the aggiepark.tamu.edu website.

TheCurl84
AG
Awesome!! Thank you Fitch.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Looks amazing!
74OA
AG
cupcakesprinkles said:

Looks amazing!
.....and it still has roughly one third of its total space left to complete.
coldmoose
Nice. Very nice indeed.
rootube
AG
Wow! This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.
The Collective
AG
The projects around the stadium are first class. Can't wait for the new indoor practice facility.
Whatthefunyo
Looks great, but why didn't they keep the Spence park name?
The Collective
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

Looks great, but why didn't they keep the Spence park name?

Apparently, we've been wrong all of these years. According to A&M, Spence Park is the park (fairly small green space) in front of the Corps Center between the Quad and Koldus.
sportsfreak1975
Fantastic pics - thank you for posting!
PWR85
AG
Turned out even better than expected. The scale of the park was the most surprising thing in person.

The Distinguished Alumni Plaza was dedicated this past weekend and the lighting at night is stunning across the lake. The Throckmorton Lawn will be open by Ole Miss, which adds about 2 acres of greenspace. Overall, the park is about 20 acres.
Matsui
AG
looks awesome
rocky the dog
AG
Just another reason why I am proud to be an Aggie!
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
12thmanfootball
AG
Fitch..............you made this a reality..........thanks for all your hard work!!!!
QB1
AG
Just for the record, these pics at REK were from in the vip section, outside was a disaster - very poor setup that night
Aggie_Nuke
AG
Thanks man, great pics ! I appreciate you taking the time to post them, as I don't get down to CS very often and haven't had a chance to see any of the park yet. THANK YOU ! Gig 'em

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
Bison
AG
Wait a minute... how long ago did they stock the tank, and with what size fish? That bass looks a bit big to have been put in recently.
sharpdressedman
Wonderful project! Thanks for the pics.
From_Zachry_to_Blocker
Thank you Fitch! I got COVID, couldn't make it down to Miami, and hoped that someone would post pics of the new park that day. Nice work!

Re the park: Beautiful addition to the best campus in the U.S.
GeeBee
AG
When did Ring Day become a thing that it needs an entire building? I think I picked mine up between classes, went to the Chicken later in the week and dunked it shiner with friends.

ApachePilot
AG
Nice to see the campus always improving.

But glad I was there in the 90s.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Thank you for taking time to post numerous Aggie Park photos.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
GeeBee said:

When did Ring Day become a thing that it needs an entire building? I think I picked mine up between classes, went to the Chicken later in the week and dunked it shiner with friends.

It blew up about a decade ago. Probably coincides with social media (Instagram etc) becoming huge. I have a similar story as you. No family involved. Just picked mine up after class and headed to celebrate with friends.

That being said, I think it's cool it's a whole thing with family etc at Clayton Williams.
Ian Neff
AG
Love it. Love all of it.

Of course I wish people didn't feel the need to put their name on everything but hey - they paid for it. So whatever.

Someday I want to make some money and put IAN NEFF on a couch in the flag room or something.
PWR85
AG
Interesting take E N F. I think the signage and naming in the park is decidedly understated. Very tasteful.

As for Ring Day, Porter started the new ring day process about 20 years ago. It's arguably the biggest day for A&M students, surpassing graduation for most.

Class of 85 here. I picked mine up between classes and didn't make a big deal of it. I kinda like what it has become.
murphyag
AG
GeeBee said:

Me too. Picked up my ring and walked straight to the Chicken. Everything is a big production nowadays with kids, teens, college students. Ring Day hoopla exists because of that.
The Collective
AG
They say it is for Aggie ring day, but I'm sure it is really for huge fundraising events and parties.
Ian Neff
AG
PWR85 said:

Interesting take E N F. I think the signage and naming in the park is decidedly understated. Very tasteful.

As for Ring Day, Porter started the new ring day process about 20 years ago. It's arguably the biggest day for A&M students, surpassing graduation for most.

Class of 85 here. I picked mine up between classes and didn't make a big deal of it. I kinda like what it has become.

Agreed. It's tasteful. We just have a tendency to place names on a lot of things on campus.

I have respect for those who think enough of our school to literally give their money away to make it better. They improve all of our lives and enhance our memories.

Much love. Forgive any slight on my part please.
74OA
AG
It's a beauty, with roughly a third yet to be renovated/built. Tenting kept the grass from getting the watering it needs during the last couple of weeks, but the five-week away game break will remedy that. Click to expand.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.