Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

How funny will it be

5,266 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by barbacoa taco
OTredux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After we beat Miami to see all the naysayers on this board shift their tones to predicting a great season and singing Jimbos praises?

Miami is an average football team at best. App state whoops them.

31-14 Aggies.
KatyAggie01
OTredux said:

After we beat Miami to see all the naysayers on this board shift their tones to predicting a great season and singing Jimbos praises?

31-14 Aggies.
Love the people who saw us muster 1 offensive TD against App State come up with us scoring 31 on a much better Miami team. Not to mention holding a mjch more dynamic Miami offense to less than we held App State. LMAO.

Some of y'all need to realize this is real life and not a video game.
WZUPAGS
AG
I'm confused. Are you trying to:

1. Be a positive ray of sun during an otherwise gloomy time.

Or

2. Be the same negativity you speak of others.

My guess is neither. You are trying to set yourself up for positive affirmation for later in this board in case you were right.

Either way you must not internet much. When you have cowards hiding behind user profils with no self control you get this board. We are not unique to the reality of what the entire internet has become.

Just take the W and move on.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Competent quarterback play is all we need, that alone would have beaten App State. So to OPs point…if Max starts the game and we whoop Miami then yea everyone on here will feel very differently about the rest of the season. If it's Haynes then we lose so it doesn't matter
Bobcat-Ag
Could it just be a motivational problem? If the team was not motivated to prepare all week in practice and then in the game, couldn't turn it on enough, that could have caused the loss. Maybe the youngsters were looking ahead to Miami? I still think it's on the coach to get them ready, but when you have a lot of young players, it can be a challenge to get them in the right state of mind to be successful.
alamogeorge
AG
OTredux said:

31-14 Aggies.
They won't shift their tones. They just won't post anymore.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
threemeat
Yes, let's put the App st game behind us and hope the dominant team we saw agains SHSU comes out this week. Best idea I've heard in a long time. I'm in.
JimbloFisher
AG
This you? Appears you were a naysayer that's already shifted…

OTredux said:

It does not matter. Dumbo will rapid fire speak any answer to a question like the blathering idiot he is, Bjork will get confused by his run on sentences that sound like the fast talker from the old fedex commercials of the 80's.

We have a meth head as a coach.

Screw Dumbo.
QB1
AG
I thought I heard Miami beat ap state last year?
EllisCoAg
AG
Bobcat-Ag said:

Could it just be a motivational problem? If the team was not motivated to prepare all week in practice and then in the game, couldn't turn it on enough, that could have caused the loss. Maybe the youngsters were looking ahead to Miami? I still think it's on the coach to get them ready, but when you have a lot of young players, it can be a challenge to get them in the right state of mind to be successful.
i think this played a part, reminded me of the Arkansas game last year, thinking we will just show up and win without putting in the work and study. Disrespecting the opponent is a dangerous thing to do. App St also had a very experience, super senior lineup.
LakeSurfinAg08
AG
Based on what I know of Aggie football it would be totally on point for the team to play great and win the next 2 games against top 15 competition.

I am not predicting this or saying its probable just that it would be fitting.
My Name Is Judge
Beating miami would erase a loss to app state?

How does that math work exactly?
CTP93
AG
Change QB and we can certainly see a different team and season.

Changing QB says alot to everyone.
TMartin
If King is not the leader of this offense then who is? Having a "competent" QB is not going to be enough.
fightintxaggie10
AG
OTredux said:

31-14 Aggies.

You think everyone calling out Fisher and the abomination of a performance against a team we should of beat 10/10 times, is just going to stop caring we lost to App State? No matter what happens that App State game is a bad sign. Saban's and Bama's of the world don't lose to App ****ing State in year 5.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Bobcat-Ag said:

Insert Win One for The Gipper speech here. Easy peasy
ashley
HoustonAg2106 said:

Competent quarterback play is all we need, that alone would have beaten App State. So to OPs point…if Max starts the game and we whoop Miami then yea everyone on here will feel very differently about the rest of the season. If it's Haynes then we lose so it doesn't matter

Is the new quarterback going to block and tackle?
snowdog90
ashley said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Maybe the "new quarterback" doesn't need to block and tackle. Just make correct reads and accurate passes, you know, like at the end of the App State game when receivers were wide open. That's kind of important and Haynes ain't getting it done.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Does a win over Miami erase one of the most embarrassing loss in school history?
PascalsWager
AG
We have no idea if Miami, Arkansas, or Mississippi State are good at all. They could all be 6 win teams. There's a good chance they'd all lose to App.

Beating them individually means nothing. The only way to save the season is to win at least 2. I think we do. Then lose to Bama and then win the next 7 including the bowl game to finish 10-3.
Ihatefallscounty
AG
OTredux said:

31-14 Aggies.

I love how we have to justify if app state can beat them, we can beat them

How far have we fallen icharus
I live in waco....therefore, I am ready to move elsewhere.
goosespn
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Does a win over Miami erase one of the most embarrassing loss in school history?
It sure as hell starts the healing process.
Goosespn
Gig Em!!!
The flip side of this question is, "How bad will it be if the Ags lose to Miami?"

1 - 2 heading into Arkansas, Alabama and a road game with the Pirate....

"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
Ag_EE_88
AG
Quote:

We have no idea if Miami, Arkansas, or Mississippi State are good at all. They could all be 6 win teams. There's a good chance they'd all lose to App.
No there isn't. ZERO chance that they'd all lose to App State.
HoustonAg2106
AG
ashley said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Quick reads, accurate throws, awareness in the pocket...Max Johnson had a horrible team last year but overcame a lot of those issues because of those 3 things. Honestly I can't believe he didn't start game 1, Haynes had to have been tearing it up in practice (although I doubt it)
W
AG
a lot of folks don't realize how bad King was on Saturday

a new QB could make all the difference
88Warrior
OTredux said:

31-14 Aggies.

A win would be great but it doesn't excuse a loss to App. State..That loss is inexcusable after all the money and support that has been spent on salaries, facilities, recruiting etc…
knoxtom
Why would a naysayer hide? It will make it even worse if we then beat Miami as it will show just what an unprepared, un-adjusting cluster f that game was.

As awful as the first half was I simply couldn't believe that nothing changed at halftime and we came right back out with the same dog crap the second.

Fisher has King over thinking everything. The botched handoff to Achane and "hard to even believe I just saw that in a NCAA game and not 7th grade" pitch is a perfect example of that. Then add on his insanely slow delivery and horrible accuracy.... and somehow the guy comes out for the second half!

I am not a naysayer, I know what I saw against App State and I know that was a complete sh$$ show of ego and bad coaching. That was not on the players (except King's horrible accuracy issues) it was on the coach and I don't care if he goes unbeaten the rest of the way, I will not change my mind about Fisher's issues.
PascalsWager
AG
knoxtom said:

Why would a naysayer hide? It will make it even worse if we then beat Miami as it will show just what an unprepared, un-adjusting cluster f that game was.

As awful as the first half was I simply couldn't believe that nothing changed at halftime and we came right back out with the same dog crap the second.

Fisher has King over thinking everything. The botched handoff to Achane and "hard to even believe I just saw that in a NCAA game and not 7th grade" pitch is a perfect example of that. Then add on his insanely slow delivery and horrible accuracy.... and somehow the guy comes out for the second half!

I am not a naysayer, I know what I saw against App State and I know that was a complete sh$$ show of ego and bad coaching. That was not on the players (except King's horrible accuracy issues) it was on the coach and I don't care if he goes unbeaten the rest of the way, I will not change my mind about Fisher's issues.
You do understand that if he goes unbeaten the rest of the way, we'd have won a national championship right?

Should we bookmark this just in case?
Aggieair
JimblowFisher said:

This you? Appears you were a naysayer that's already shifted…

OTredux said:

It does not matter. Dumbo will rapid fire speak any answer to a question like the blathering idiot he is, Bjork will get confused by his run on sentences that sound like the fast talker from the old fedex commercials of the 80's.

Screw Dumbo.

Got him.
fightinag
OTredux said:

31-14 Aggies.
You honestly think this offense can score 31 against MIami ?
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Aggieair
OP hasn't posted since July, then comes back for the App St meltdown. BAS in full swing.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3316097/replies/62932568
OTredux said:

Hand Of God said:

Huge stadium
Top-tier facilities
Loyal fan base
Giant cash flow
Recruiting hot bed

And yet, here we are.
This is who we are and it's not changing.

Yep. We suck. Always have. Always will

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3313145/replies/62931908
OTredux said:

Yep. And think about this. Our mentally arthritic coach picked King over the other guys on campus.

Jimbo is a fraud.

OP still has some tough words for Jimbo on Sunday
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3316778/replies/62934532
OTredux said:

Screw Dumbo.

After heading back to work on Monday, OP is now optimistic we can win 24-17.
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3317495/replies/62948574
OTredux said:

.....I was convinced this offseason that we will a NC in the next 2-3 years with the talent on our payroll. Now, after APP STATE, not sure we have the right coach.

But all of that is in the context of a TERRIBLE game. I was overly harsh on this team after a one game setback. Still not sold on Jimbo, but he has built a Bama/UGA like defense. Good enough to win regardless of offense.

We play a talented team next week but it is at home...They have a subpar QB as well...and our defense is elite.

Win next week and we are back to pouring the maroon kool aid.

24-17 good guys.

By Tuesday, OP has increased the spread by 10 points.

OTredux said:

31-14 Aggies.

This reads like something out of an SEC Shorts skit with Hope.

People don't come on here and meltdown because they want A&M to fail. They get upset because they care about Aggie football and want it to succeed. And people get pretty intense about it because they're tired of seeing sunshine pumpers like OP take the moral "high ground"/virtue signal when it's convenient for them, or act like Jimbo is above criticism.
eATMup-Reveille
OTredux said:

31-14 Aggies.

It will take MUCH more than THAT!!!
Gump 02
AG
OP, is this what you anticipate seeing/hearing on Saturday night?

ABATTBQ11
AG
It's official. Appalachian State is gonna be ACC champs in 23. They're THAT good.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.