Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M football will never be great

16,972 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aTmneal
Sid Farkas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
if there was a stat for most enthusiasm with least success, we would be the all-time leaders.
Duckhook
AG
TyperWoods said:

This year wasn't our year. The next 2-3 are, and hopefully longer.

That being said, this game really means nothing. Win the SEC West and the SEC Championship are goals that must be achieved, and this game did nothing to deter that.

Two games into our season. "Wait till next year!"
gigemags-99
AG
TyperWoods said:

That being said, this game really means nothing. Win the SEC West and the SEC Championship are goals that must be achieved, and this game did nothing to deter that.

TXAG 05
AG
BaileyAg said:

And some of yall want to play tu

They would have whipped us today
Artorias
AG
TXAG 05 said:

BaileyAg said:

And some of yall want to play tu

They would have whipped us today
Their QB actually looks like he will be pretty good (assuming he doesn't keep getting hurt)
MetroAgFan
The cowboys won championships in the 90's
AGDAD14
One thing for sure, elite giving by donors for their own legacy does not produce elite athletic programs. In fact, it might actually be a hindrance!
Boiling Denim
We had generational talents with JFF and Mike Evans TOGETHER and couldn't even make a conference championship game

That's when I knew we would never get over the hump
MAJ
AG
Honestly, what will it take?
roygbell
I watched most of your game today and was shocked at the game today. App State should have beaten the tar heels last week. They are very good, but there isn't logic in A&M losing to App State. I've watched the Aggies flounder for a very long time, and there is no logic for your football program should fail. You have more assets than most schools in terms of facilities and money and are right in the middle of one of the best-recruiting grounds.

I think there is way too much outside influence within your athletic department. I don't think you will ever get ahead until you find a great leader of your athletic department and hire the top guy running your school who will get the money people out of your program and let the guy who is hired to run your athletic department without the influence of the big money people.

There are only a handful of schools that do it right and keep the donors/boosters out of the business of the athletic department. Those schools don't allow the boosters and moneyed to influence the hiring and running you the athletic department. You will never fix your problems until they make the tough decisions inside your athletic department.
DeepEastTxAg
AG
TyperWoods said:

If you are actually able to believe the words you just typed, what the actual **** is wrong with you?
cecil77
AG
My 49th season of Aggie football. This is who we are.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
The Texas A&M experience at Kyle now is just like all the others. In that aspect what is setting us apart is starting to fade.
SBDavis87
AG
OP is correct.
Asking an Aggie about football is like asking a high school dropout about a dissertation.

Playa gonna play
Loser gonna lose
jrodwh00p
AG
saw it on a bumper sticker.... still chuckle every time I see it:

"Winners gonna win.
Losers gonna lose."
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jimbo457
Olsen said:

Reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys as well.
The Dallas Cowboys have five championships in about half the amount of time. I'm as disappointed in both teams as anyone but there is no comparison between the two.
DimebagsGhost
AG
2ndGen87 said:

82 years since we were a serious contender.
we were a serious contender as recently as 2020. But whatever sip
Kellso
CTP93 said:

Miami will F us up. Arkansas will f use up worse. Without an elite QB and a trash O-line, we are assess bottom dwellers. Over.
The MiamI Hurricanes are not as good as they used to be.
The boys will bounce back next week.

Coach Jimbo will have the team ready to go.
Ags4DaWin
TyperWoods said:

Jimbo has had 4 years now to get the offense under control or do something with it.

It's still the weakest part of the team.

And he runs it.
aglaes
AG
Hand Of God said:

Which games do y'all realistically see us winning the rest of the season?
Umass?
OTredux
Hand Of God said:

Huge stadium
Top-tier facilities
Loyal fan base
Giant cash flow
Recruiting hot bed

And yet, here we are.
This is who we are and it's not changing.

Yep. We suck. Always have. Always will
Kellso
MAJ said:

Honestly, what will it take?
agracer
AG
OTredux said:

Hand Of God said:

Huge stadium
Top-tier facilities
Loyal fan base
Giant cash flow
Recruiting hot bed

And yet, here we are.
This is who we are and it's not changing.

Yep. We suck. Always have. Always will
A family member used to work in one of the B12 Athletic departments in the early 2000's and because of his job/roll, knew lots of other folks working in other B12 schools. He said the feeling around most of the B12 was A&M was a sleeping giant and they were waiting for the Aggie's to wake up. Facilities, recruiting, money, fan support. How is A&M not better across the board?

Bill Byrne certainly made a lot of the sports better, but football seems to have just remained status quo for the last 30-years. Looking at Jimbo's contract, and then unearned extension, should tell us all we need to know. The people making the decisions have no clue what they are doing with the football program.
DeepEastTxAg
AG
Oh yeah? And what exactly is supposedly "fading" that set us apart? Not a rhetorical question.
RightWingConspirator
AG
TexAgs is likely not helping either. Many of you come on here complaining incessantly about where we're at as a program. This comes to the attention of Ags with influence. The pressure starts building and we replace the coach. Excitement abounds as the new coach takes the helm. Early on he demonstrates a propensity to underachieve. The natives get restless as they come to TexAgs and complain. Pressure starts building and the coach is eventually let go. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I'm in the camp that Jimbo was never the answer. I'm also in the camp that believes our decision makers are some of the stupidest people in Texas. Jimbo's contract is ridiculous. I believe the answer will be to take a chance on a younger coach that shows creativity and promise and hope like hell he likes it here enough to stay.

I'm not happy at all with the embarrassment of our football team, but I'm also not blind and can see the negative effect TexAgs has on the process above. This, I guess, is the world we live in. We were better off without internet.
SoTexAg91
AG
TyperWoods said:

There won't be a "next 2-3" years when our players from our #1 recruiting class of all time (and our other top recruits from other classes) start transferring out because they won't put up with this horrible offensive scheme that neutralizes superior talent.
agracer
AG
RightWingConspirator said:

TexAgs is likely not helping either. Many of you come on here complaining incessantly about where we're at as a program. This comes to the attention of Ags with influence. The pressure starts building and we replace the coach. Excitement abounds as the new coach takes the helm. Early on he demonstrates a propensity to underachieve. The natives get restless as they come to TexAgs and complain. Pressure starts building and the coach is eventually let go. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I'm in the camp that Jimbo was never the answer. I'm also in the camp that believes our decision makers are some of the stupidest people in Texas. Jimbo's contract is ridiculous. I believe the answer will be to take a chance on a younger coach that shows creativity and promise and hope like hell he likes it here enough to stay.

I'm not happy at all with the embarrassment of our football team, but I'm also not blind and can see the negative effect TexAgs has on the process above. This, I guess, is the world we live in. We were better off without internet.
. The horn message boards when Mac Brown was their HC and getting beat every year by OU would like a word.
cecil77
AG
FIFY

but football seems to have just remained status quo for the last 50-years.
pbaitman
This horrible loss means we need to change things, and it is with the offense. Need to start Max, replace a couple oline, and push the ball. So tired of watching us burn timeouts because we can't get a play in. Offense is not that complicated or doesn't play out like the genius he is supposedly. Just line up and beat them because we have superior athletes. Don't over complicate things and just see if our guys can beat their guys and not hinder things because we have this "complicated" offense that yields 7 points. If Max can't be the guy then you play Weigman the rest do the year and use this as a developing year to win it next year. Not all is lost yet, but need to win Saturday to right the ship, and Haynes needs to never see the field for us again. He was given a shot, and he lost, and we need to play new oline too. Try Moko and Dewberry. Frustrating we can't get push with our talent. Let's not bail yet. Guys need our support and we can still turn it around. Defense is solid but need more help with more points to start winning. Gig'em!
schmellba99
AG
maroongoon95 said:

NOPE WE ARE CURSED
I have said this for years, and so far it has beared out to be true
schmellba99
AG
DimebagsGhost said:

2ndGen87 said:

82 years since we were a serious contender.
we were a serious contender as recently as 2020. But whatever sip
We didn't even make the playoff that year.

So no, we weren't a serious contender for the championship.
gwmAggie
We getting prison raped all season long.
Humorous Username
AG
I just feel bad for the folks that put so much money into the program year after year.

I go to maybe one game a year with my family. Thankfully have family that still lives in B/CS so I'm not locked in to a multi-night stay at a hotel at an inflated rate.

It has to be maddening to look at ever-increasing donation requirements and season ticket costs and swallow the bitter pill of us not having won a championship since 1998.

Fran's time here taught me to appreciate the more rewarding things in life, because Aggie Football is just not worth the investment of time and money some people put into it.
Dark_Knight
AG
Holy crap stop the whining
Because I'm Batman!

Maroon Dawn
AG
Dark_Knight said:

Holy crap stop the whining

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.