Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Now that players are paid like professionals, can we boo them like the pros?

3,190 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nomadic_ag
Texas A&M
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This team and coaching staff sure deserves to have the boos rain down on them.
Texas A&M
aledo57
AG
Those players aren't real aggies so yes. A real Aggie would at least try.
Texas A&M
JBGoode
AG
aledo57 said:

This is the problem with hiring players. Especially at a place like A&M, where spirit and tradition is the key driver. Hired hands couldn't care less.
HallaronAg88
AG
Yes those gloves are off. Everyone spent so much time worrying about recruiting and in IL class rankings. Apparently our coaches can't teach football. They also can't prepare a game plan and execute it.

I've been an Aggie fan since 1975 but I'm just about done With enthusiastically following every move the program. It's a waste of my time overall. Glad I dumped premium last month after 20+ years.

I also think it's ridiculous that American universities have these high paid sports programs which have nothing to do with higher education and learning
Proud member of the Class of '88. Gig'em!
Texas A&M
Texas A&M
Bumping for the day after crowd....
Kellso
JBGoode said:

aledo57 said:

This is the problem with hiring players. Especially at a place like A&M, where spirit and tradition is the key driver. Hired hands couldn't care less.
Kellso
HallaronAg88 said:

Yes those gloves are off. Everyone spent so much time worrying about recruiting and in IL class rankings. Apparently our coaches can't teach football. They also can't prepare a game plan and execute it.

I've been an Aggie fan since 1975 but I'm just about done With enthusiastically following every move the program. It's a waste of my time overall. Glad I dumped premium last month after 20+ years.

I also think it's ridiculous that American universities have these high paid sports programs which have nothing to do with higher education and learning
Bragging rights are very important to the American psyche.

Would anyone care about the University of Alabama, or Kansas if it wasn't for sports?
W
AG
welcome to the NIL era of college football
Cromagnum
AG
Personally I'm ready for the NFL to form a minor league farm to take all these prima donna's, and leave collegiate sports to the STUDENT athletes.
Bunk Moreland
Why would I waste my energy booing the players when 99% of the issues are with Jimbo and his offensive strategy, play calling and coaching staff setup?
AggieZeroFoxtrot
AG
I'm sure players that don't get NIL deals aren't affected by it…
cupcakesprinkles
AG
HallaronAg88 said:

Preach on brother!!!!!
Robert L. Peters
Can we still buy the trading cards?!?!
jsc8116
AG
I am up here in Utah, the Aggies of UT state got blown out by Weber State and the Aggie QB got booed by the home crowd.Blake Anderson called fans behavior embarrassing. If I was at Kyle I would have booed the offense for all 10 plays of the second half that they had.

https://www.deseret.com/2022/9/10/23345351/quarterback-controversy-at-utah-state-logan-bonner-cooper-legas
DallasAg 94
The decision to "Boo!" is a reflection of you NOT a reflection of the team or the players.

OWN it. If you feel like Booing an Aggie player... that's on you!
Texas A&M
No, it would be a reflection on the team. This is what comes with being professional athletes.
GigEmMortis
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

The decision to "Boo!" is a reflection of you NOT a reflection of the team or the players.

OWN it. If you feel like Booing an Aggie player... that's on you!

I know this was intended as a guilt trip, but I just don't feel guilty about it. So I guess I'll own it
SinKiller
I'll take something Aggies would never discuss for $500.00, Alex.

I think you're a loser if you boo at any sporting event…So no,
oysterbayAG
AG
If we continue to play like yesterday our players will likely get an object lesson in basic free market economics . The market price for their performance will drop drastically and the NIL money will dry up . No business is going to pay for embarrassment !
alamogeorge
AG
The only thing that deserves booing is bad sportsmanship. I boo this post.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
fieldtrailer
AG
aledo57 said:

I saw nothing but effort, especially on defense. They just arnt very good. If you want lack of effort, look at Fisher's qb recruiting 3 of ast 4 years (especially 2021) or development of any player. Lack of coaching adjustments during the season. It all leads back to him.
Loren Visser
fieldtrailer said:

aledo57 said:

I saw nothing but effort, especially on defense. They just arnt very good. If you want lack of effort, look at Fisher's qb recruiting 3 of ast 4 years (especially 2021) or development of any player. Lack of coaching adjustments during the season. It all leads back to him.
lol. 4 top 10 classes in a row and they just ain't very good?

I agree that Jimbo is the problem. the good news is that we only have 9.5 years left with him.
If the pay's right, and it's legal, I'll do it...Well, if the pay's right, I'll do it.
Paul Dirac
Own that you are a jerk and a two percenter.
85AustinAg
AG
There's a whole lot of stupid on Texags. Never let it surprise you. Expect it.
Oldfart2
Sounds like people are looking for an excuse fir bad behavior
BigOil
AG
aledo57 said:

The Aggie Spirit at its finest.
85AustinAg
AG
No but here's a big interwebs Boo to OP!
ClearlyJustSomeAg
AG
JFC, I've said it before and it still holds true.

I can't imagine how miserable some of you are in your lives. It might be a good idea to lay off football and work on yourselves.
nomadic_ag
AG
Hard to believe these are adults in this thread that support booing 18-22 year old kids for trying to win for us. Other than protecting your precious ego, what does this help or accomplish? You're upset bc some of them are paid to play football in college? C'mon man. Ags are better than this.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.