Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

*****Official horns vs gumps*****

128,264 Views | 1814 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag_EE_88
Picard
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is perfect. tu will think they're hot stuff and then get caught unprepared in future games.

94chem
Well at least the blown safety call didn't affect the outcome.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
JABQ04
AG
Probably some of his dip **** players doing horns down or something and either didn't want the penalty or didn't want his guys acting like the win the Natty when they barely hung on to beat a mediocre team
Vince Blake
GinMan said:

Why did Saban say "Don't do that $hiitake" when he was crossing the field to shake Sark's hand?

I think it was to the Bama player doing the horns down.
OKC~Ag
Picard said:

This is perfect. tu will think they're hot stuff and then get caught unprepared in future games.

yes, but they did play solid game especially defense...may be patterson effect?
HTownAg98
davido said:

Saban aged today.

He ought to get them on the plane and have them do drills on how to avoid stupid penalties on the tarmac.
combat wombat™
AG
The horns down ban is RIDICULOUS!!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
pacecar02 said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Thank god I don't have to hear TU is back this week
They lost by 1, you are gonna hear about it

2nd place loser is irrelevant. Loser is loser
JustisWalkert
AG
Cow will be #2 in the AP poll
Charlie 31
AG
After the sips kicked a go-ahead field goal with 1:29 left in the 4th Quarter the fans were chanting and singing "We Will Rock You" as if they had just won the game. The sips at that point left almost a minute and a half of time on the game clock for the reigning Heisman Trophy winner to use. SMH.
TexasAggie81
You'll hear a lot from tu about moral victories and improvement and "we"re back." All that babble for a loss.
rangerdanger
AG
94chem said:

Well at least the blown safety call didn't affect the outcome.

Just that delicious Bama home cookin!
Hwy30East
And the announcers didn't even make reference to that, until Bama was lined up to kick the go ahead field go…..
AgDotCom
Surrender cobra time ....

HTownAg98
Charlie 31 said:

After the sips kicked a go-ahead field goal with 1:29 left in the 4th Quarter the fans were chanting and singing "We Will Rock You" as if they had just won the game. The sips at that point left almost a minute and a half of time on the game clock for the reigning Heisman Trophy winner to use. SMH.

To be fair, gump called two timeouts to preserve the clock.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
This game was much closer than anyone expected, but I am glad Alabama escaped Austin with a 20-19 win over Texas. Alabama overcame 15 penalties for 100 yards and a failed 4th down conversion attempt with 3:55 left to extend their winning streak over regular season nonconfernce opponents to 54 games. Also, Nick Saban improves to 26-2 against his former assistants.

I give credit to Texas for hanging tough all game. Their defense is much improved from last season, especially agaisnt the run. Outside of an 81-yard touchdown run, Alabama had just 80 rushing yards on 23 carries or 3.48 rushing yards per attempt, but Bryce Young and the Alabama offense stepped up when it mattered.
Covert00
AG
Horns played a solid game. They are going to be good team by the time they head into the SEC. Their recruiting is already good and if they manage to win 9 games then it will get even better.
combat wombat™
AG
Surrender cobra
aggiedad7
Iraq2xVeteran said:

This game was much closer than anyone expected, but I am glad Alabama escaped Austin with a 20-19 win over Texas. Alabama overcame 15 penalties for 100 yards and a failed 4th down conversion attempt with 3:55 left to extend their winning streak over regular season nonconfernce opponents to 54 games. Also, Nick Saban improves to 26-2 against his former assistants.

I give credit to Texas for hanging tough all game and even led 16-10 with 12:55 left in the game. Their defense is much improved from last season, especially agaisnt the run. Outside of an 81-yard touchdown run, Alabam had just 80 rushing yards on 23 carries or 3.48 rushing yards per attempt.
Patterson's an ass, but he knows how to coach D. Wonder who is actually doing the D coaching there.
cj774
AG
I am reminded of the early season Alabama at Florida game from last year. Florida almost won but Bama pulled it out at the end. And then Florida fell apart while Bama played for the NC.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
cj774 said:

I am reminded of the early season Alabama at Florida game from last year. Florida almost won't but Bama pulled it out at the end. And then Florida feel apart while Bama played for the NC.
Yeah, that turned out to be Florida's only home loss, but Florida lost every single road SEC game (20-13 at Kentucky, 49-42 at LSU, 40-18 at South Carolina, and 24-23 OT at Missouri). Alabama had 3 more close wins: 20-14 win over LSU at home, 42-35 win over Arkansas, and 24-22 4-OT win at Auburn.
petebaker
Arch Manning is reconsidering , he's scared of Bama D Line
TexAggie1999
JustisWalkert said:

Cow will be #2 in the AP poll
I'm guessing they will be somewhere between 12 and 17, which is probably fair.
HumpitPuryear
AG
It makes me sad that KU won't be able to claim the transitive win over bama later this season
DrQuincy
AG
Struggle win!

I am waiting to hear it...
Aggie Dad Sip
Texas had their chances but made some critical mistakes. Dropped passes, missed tackles, bad gap integrity and backup QB holding the ball too long, which is why he didn't start the first two games.

I think the defense played an A- game, the offense played a B+ game, and special teams was a solid B.

I predicted a 30 pt loss, Vegas predicted a 20 pt loss, and Texas lost by one. Who knows what this means. It's Week 2. Alabama could still finish 12-0 and Texas could still finish 5-7. Let's play some more before we draw any conclusions.
Paul Dirac
tu still sux

Losers
Aggie Dad Sip
Paul Dirac said:

tu still sux

Losers

Maybe. But I'm still pulling for A&M to make some halftime adjustments and curbstomp App St. But 7-7 has me a little nervous.
Neck Kid
TTT
Ag_EE_88
AG
Sadly, tu has a much better team than we have right now. We aren't going to be within 20 of bama.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.