Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Things we are supposed to pretend.

4,878 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by The Porkchop Express
Captain Awesome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll start.

-King has a strong arm and can make every throw. (As he under throws evens on an easy TD pitch and carch)
-King won't average 2 interceptions a game
-Our 180lb running back who runs a 10.1 100mdter is a between the tackles Rb. (I hear the narrative. He's aRB that runs track. I get it.)
-The center position isn't an issue.

I know it's early. We're supposed to get on the band wagon and enjoy the gas lighting.
Yes I'm already into the rum a yes, this could all change. We'll see.
Captain Awesome
Oh look. An under thrown interception. Who saw that coming?
BrotherChad
AG
Pretty much covered it all breh. Frustrating to say the least
davido
AG
Isn't the starting center out sick at the last minute?
Captain Awesome
davido said:

Isn't the starting center out sick at the last minute?

Listening to jimbo's press conference., they are all interchanegable and to suggest otherwise is stupid.
BadAggie
AG
1. This forum is full of knowledgeable individuals.
Just Tired
achane was effective between the tackles last year.
Captain Awesome
Just Tired said:

Let's not pretend that Spiller didn't have everything to do with that. Or let's do. Whatever.
Captain Awesome
BadAggie said:

And some ignorant ones apparently.
zafzo
Captain Awesome said:

Just Tired said:

Let's not pretend that Spiller didn't have everything to do with that. Or let's do. Whatever.
Dang you're already in mid season TexAgs form.
greg.w.h
AG
Captain Awesome said:

BadAggie said:

Not nice to refer to yourself as ignorant. Have some self-respect.
BadAggie
AG
Captain Awesome said:

BadAggie said:

You are representing that well.
Just Tired
are you pretending any rb would be effective behind what this ol has shown so far?
Captain Awesome
greg.w.h said:

Captain Awesome said:

BadAggie said:

Not nice to refer to yourself as ignorant. Have some self-respect.

I can see your confused. My point is made.
Ignorance must be bliss. Enjoy
The Porkchop Express
This is a preseason game. If you expect the QB who barely played last year to be lights out and the offenisve line to be in perfect sync, you're an idiot.

If we play like this next week and in conference, that's when it's a problem.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
ElephantRider
AG
That Sam Houston is a juggernaut that should be this challenging
BQ2017
AG
That we won't go 8-4 again
Captain Awesome
The Porkchop Express said:

This is a preseason game. If you expect the QB who barely played last year to be lights out and the offenisve line to be in perfect sync, you're an idiot.

The problem is. He played like this last year in game 1. 3 interception and a fumble. At what point do we stop giving him a pass? (He was also inflcredibly pedestrian in both spring games I watched) if Weigman is our future., let's struggle with him and give him experience. If Kimg is our best chance, we Re in for a dissapointing season.
Captain Awesome

So this week, I'm the idiot. Does that make you the idiot after next week?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
You guys are acting like this hasn't been brought up repeatedly. King will have more T/O's than Calzada last year. He will also have more yards and TD's.
antman8504
AG
Captain Awesome said:

Just Tired said:

Go back and watch the unc game. Achane ran great between the tackles that game. Better than what spiller did that game. Today he is getting hit in the backfield
Wearetheaggies
AG
Chicken little ignorant pieces of ****.

Calm down, grab a beer and enjoy the weather delay.
The Porkchop Express
Captain Awesome said:

I'm not talking about you specifically, but people who think the first half of the first game of the season is the definition of that season.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
terata
AG
It has been a let down. The pre-season hype had us kicking our opponents asses over the moon, and well...the run game has failed, so far. Failed. Mediocre. Disappointed. The starting QB was going to light up the universe, so said the hype, but no, pedestrian so far. Two long passes for TDs were good, but overall his play is less than expected. Yeah, yeah. First game, experience will correct this stuff....hopefully y'all are right; hopefully it's corrected before a huge threat comes to town.
Captain Awesome
antman8504 said:

Captain Awesome said:

Just Tired said:

Go back and watch the unc game. Achane ran great between the tackles that game. Better than what spiller did that game. Today he is getting hit in the backfield

Not saying he can't. I'm saying he won't last the entire season and to expect that is not realistic. But to my original post, we can pretend ike he the exception to the rule. I'm down.
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome said:

I'm not talking about you specifically, but people who think the first half of the first game of the season is the definition of that season.

I haven't seen him in any game he has played in give me hope that he can lead us to a National Championship. Prove me wrong, Beyond the word around town.
Wearetheaggies
AG
Captain Awesome said:

Captain Awesome said:

I haven't seen him in any game he has played in give me hope that he can lead us to a National Championship. Prove me wrong, Beyond the word around town.

Which means you haven't seen his deep strike potential. He's shown that today but y'all expecting perfection after having not played for a year... I got nothing for ya.
Skillet Shot
Jimbo is a QB whisperer.
Mond, Calzada, King…
CajunAg86
That most Texags posters:
1). Really know their stuff
2). Could possibly be happy with anything
3). believe that Jimbo and every other coach not named Saban really don't know what they are doing and if we could substitute any texags poster as head coach we would win championship after championship, never having to worry about illness, injury, long term player development (ie playing freshmen against a lesser opponent for experience), or the nuances of how 18-22 year olds act or perform as they would all be perfectly motivated to play perfectly for every snap of every game.
SilverTongueDevil
Not a great first half but I've seen enough to be happy we have King vs Calzada. We are throwing the ball downfield. It doesn't help that out run blocking has sucked balls today. That will have to get better or it won't matter who the QB is.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
BadAggie
AG
CajunAg86 said:

That most Texags posters:
1). Really know their stuff
2). Could possibly be happy with anything
3). believe that Jimbo and every other coach not named Saban really don't know what they are doing and if we could substitute any texags poster as head coach we would win championship after championship, never having to worry about illness, injury, long term player development (ie playing freshmen against a lesser opponent for experience), or the nuances of how 18-22 year olds act or perform as they would all be perfectly motivated to play perfectly for every snap of every game.

Well stated.
Skillet Shot

He's a thirs year QB that is getting outplayed by the Sam Houston QB playing against a better defense on the road.
The Porkchop Express
Captain Awesome said:

Captain Awesome said:

I don't have to prove you wrong because we aren't on different sides of the argument. If he's not the guy, that will reveal itself, but pulling him after the first half of a game where a lot of guys are playing like **** doesn't make any sense. Should we bench the whole first team offensive line as well, and the kicker?
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
JohnLA762
AG
Captain Awesome said:

I'll start.

-King has a strong arm and can make every throw. (As he under throws evens on an easy TD pitch and carch)
-King won't average 2 interceptions a game
-Our 180lb running back who runs a 10.1 100mdter is a between the tackles Rb. (I hear the narrative. He's aRB that runs track. I get it.)
-The center position isn't an issue.

I know it's early. We're supposed to get on the band wagon and enjoy the gas lighting.
Yes I'm already into the rum a yes, this could all change. We'll see.

Forgot one:

-that your opinion matters.
Aggies2009
AG
Skillet Shot said:

He's a thirs year QB that is getting outplayed by the Sam Houston QB playing against a better defense on the road.
In what universe is King getting "outplayed"?

Yates is 8/17 for 57 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT
Haynes is 10/19 for 231 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.