Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The SEC wants Clemson, Florida State, UNC, Virginia

26,915 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by superunknown
ToxicAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agree and for Aggies everywhere I wish there was more concern for the academics other than sports. A&Ms gaining AAU is in addition to sports what made A&M attractive to the SEC. If A&M loses AAU and at any point there is a hiccup in A&M sports, A&M will be cast to the bottom of the pile.
20ag07
Quote:

If A&M loses AAU and at any point there is a hiccup in A&M sports, A&M will be cast to the bottom of the pile.
NOPE.

Just like Nebraska wasn't.

And Rutgers can AAU all they want, and no one gives a *****

It's not 2010, much less 1990.

But your trolling is obvious.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Is anyone else tired of 20ag07?
Stat Monitor Repairman
People are crazy with this academic nonsense.

You get to a school the size of Tamu and there is very little difference between schools that big.

There's only so much you can do.

I don't know if there are any real difference between all these big schools.

I don't know if any of this AAU stuff matters. Does it even mean anything.
20ag07
Quote:

Is anyone else tired of 20ag07?
bv86ag

So triggered it got him banned.

People don't like to hear things they don't like, even if they're just facts, because they don't like those things.

But let's talk more about how the Big10 will only accept AAU schools. Except ND. And how the SEC would ever consider adding NC State in this landscape. For the footprint.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
The only thing that is for certain, is that none of us really have any idea what will or what won't happen next.

You are no more knowledgeable than me or the next poster. And that's a fact.
Panama Red
AG
Seems like a fact to me that he has a much better understanding of you as to what's happening here. Doesn't make your wants, desires or thoughts on what should happen any less valid. But I'd say as to what's likely to happen he has more insight than many here.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Maybe so, maybe not. Who really knows?

Maybe the SEC and the ACC have a pact to keep the ACC alive? Maybe the SEC holds firm at 16? Maybe none of that is true.

No one really knows.
aggiehawg
AG
88Warrior
ToxicAG said:

Agree and for Aggies everywhere I wish there was more concern for the academics other than sports. A&Ms gaining AAU is in addition to sports what made A&M attractive to the SEC. If A&M loses AAU and at any point there is a hiccup in A&M sports, A&M will be cast to the bottom of the pile.

In 2022 no body cares about AAU…. It's now all about the $$$..
superunknown
AG
oragator said:

I told you guys when Texas came on board that you were the first but not the last to lose in state exclusivity. We could very well be next, and we could have to face two rivals, not just one.

It was always going this way eventually, too much money on the table for the inefficiencies of all the regional major conferences with all the dead weight in them.
Question is whether they are killing the golden goose in the process.

How is anyone killing the golden goose? Live events/sports is the preeminent property in linear media and it ain't even close.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.