Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

tu's wishlist

14,505 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Emilio Fantastico
Bryanisbest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
12thMan9 said:

Bryanisbest said:

They have already used Sankey to screw us when they got him to let them into SEC without our knowledge thereby violating the Slive oral agreement with us. Sankey therefore will continue to screw us time and time again with impunity. Get out the vasoline folks or get rid of Sankey. Maybe it's us that should be thinking about the Big 10.

Quick, name all the places the A&M students will road trip to to watch a game in the Big ten.

None. You are right. I said "maybe." I was wrong in thinking getting away from Toxicity U would be any solution.
Bryanisbest
AG
AG81
AG
I'd be thrilled to see tu go to the Big 10 and pick up OK St. In their place. The SEC still picks up some orange and we get rid of THE most arrogant, doooosh of a university in the country.
moldaggie
Bryanisbest said:

12thMan9 said:

Bryanisbest said:

They have already used Sankey to screw us when they got him to let them into SEC without our knowledge thereby violating the Slive oral agreement with us. Sankey therefore will continue to screw us time and time again with impunity. Get out the vasoline folks or get rid of Sankey. Maybe it's us that should be thinking about the Big 10.

Quick, name all the places the A&M students will road trip to to watch a game in the Big ten.

None. You are right. I said "maybe." I was wrong in thinking getting away from Toxicity U would be any solution.

A&M students wouldn't road trip to LA? Ever been to Madison? Pretty cool place. Or how about Chicago?

Are places like Tuscaloosa, Starkville, Norman, Colombia, or Lexington really much better places to travel too?
levypantsEOY
Bill Superman said:

levypantsEOY said:

Bill Superman said:

Sip has no leverage. The SEC does not need sip by any means. Hopefully they leverage their way to the big10.

Bad take. Not sure SEC "needs" sip (what does that mean?) but they absolutely want them, as evidenced by their, ya know, taking them.
Worse take. I know you feel wanted, but you have no leverage.

There's nothing better than an attempted call out by Bill Superman. If having bad takes was a super power, you would indeed be aptly named.
Pardon me if I don't take my cues from the "There is absolutely no way the sips will ever join the SEC" poster from this time last year.
Carry on!
Agsrback12
All I know is tu was headed to a slow and painful death and now they are not…..

It's like they said hey, no fair, Texas A&M is in the SEC and killing us. People responded with okay, let's get y'all into the SEC.
aggiehawg
AG
Agsrback12 said:

It's like they said hey, no fair, Texas A&M is in the SEC and killing us. People responded with okay, let's get y'all into the SEC.
Yeah. Sips have never been a program that has ever operated within the rules most other programs had to.
ABATTBQ11
AG
tu's wishlist:

Dick
Dick
Dick
Dick
Dick
20ag07
Quote:

They weren't headed to a slow and painful death, you just wanted to think they were for your own amusement.

The FOX/B1G deal was always up this year. That was always going to create waves.

Texas was always getting a life raft from one of the 2.

You'd be just as annoyed if they went to the Big10, without the entertainment of super hating them during the ballgame that will now occur every year.
dixichkn
AG
Incorrect. They'd then be the B1G's problem. Those two truly deserve each other
Bill Superman
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Bill Superman said:

levypantsEOY said:

Bill Superman said:

Sip has no leverage. The SEC does not need sip by any means. Hopefully they leverage their way to the big10.

Bad take. Not sure SEC "needs" sip (what does that mean?) but they absolutely want them, as evidenced by their, ya know, taking them.
Worse take. I know you feel wanted, but you have no leverage.

There's nothing better than an attempted call out by Bill Superman. If having bad takes was a super power, you would indeed be aptly named.
Pardon me if I don't take my cues from the "There is absolutely no way the sips will ever join the SEC" poster from this time last year.
Carry on!

Relax hevypants. Bill superman is no kind of claim maker. Besides maybe that sip joining the SEC would kinda suck, and I stand by that.
levypantsEOY
I will give you credit for hevypants- that is funny (and probably soon true considering the amount of bbq I consumed last night).
You did claim that sips wouldn't join the SEC but I don't want to bump your posts from a year ago to win an argument.
Happy fourth to you.
Panama Red
AG
Thread should be renamed:

Texags wishful thinking

JBGoode
AG
We will never, and I mean never, win a national championship with the mentality of:

* Let's keep the sips out of our conference
* Screw this conference for letting the sips in
* Let's go to another conference
* Let's keep all other Texas teams out of our conference

Skeered. That's what that is. Winners never talk that way. Hell, tu would support another Texas school getting into the SEC, and I promise you OU would support Ok St.

Not all Ags are chicken littles, but it's enough to be troubling. You manifest your own reality, and always looking for the back door, and making sure you lock it behind you so others can't use it.... That thinking won't get you there. At least not since 1939.
rootube
AG
Here is something to consider when you invent a scenario where horn is scheming. They probably had their pick between the SEC and the B10 and they picked the best option. Very little has happened since then to change that decision.
TexAggie1999
JBGoode said:

We will never, and I mean never, win a national championship with the mentality of:

Skeered. That's what that is. Winners never talk that way. Hell, tu would support another Texas school getting into the SEC, and I promise you OU would support Ok St.

Not all Ags are chicken littles, but it's enough to be troubling. You manifest your own reality, and always looking for the back door, and making sure you lock it behind you so others can't use it.... That thinking won't get you there. At least not since 1939.

I will say this entire thread is embarrassing and would be material for other SEC fanbases to make jokes about us. There are healthy rivalries and even hatred, and then there are these kinds of threads. This makes us look obssessed and enforces that "little brother" image we want to move past.
SchizoAg
AG
rootube said:

Here is something to consider when you invent a scenario where horn is scheming. They probably had their pick between the SEC and the B10 and they picked the best option. Very little has happened since then to change that decision.
On the contrary, adding USC and UCLA does a lot. It makes the B1G significantly more attractive to the sips. Not more attractive than the SEC, but it is at least plausible now that they would reconsider joining it, assuming they aren't locked into a deal with the SEC (which I doubt; that isn't the SEC's style).

Given that it's now plausible that they might choose the B1G, that gives them more leverage against the SEC. They could use the fact that both the B1G and SEC are interested in them to try to force the SEC to pay off the BDF and let them leave early. I could see Snakey and the "gentlemen" being willing to pony up, rather than risk losing t.u. to the B1G. I know Aggies would be against it, but our cowardly admin/regents would fall in line.
20ag07
Quote:

Given that it's now plausible that they might choose the B1G, that gives them more leverage against the SEC.
By "now plausible", you ignore that TX/Fox/Big10 knew that deal was up 13 months ago.

You think TX didn't talk to the Big10 then? Bahahaha

They already took the best deal they could get.

They don't have new leverage. Nothing has been made more plausible over the past week.

You just didn't know about it.
Divining Rod
Much as I loved the SEC, the backstabbing Bama biys and t.u. stench leads me to LOVE the idea of A&M to the B1G where it would orobably earn more $ and
get a TON of national exposure playing West Coast East Coast and MIidwest.

THAT is the billion dollar move that I'm sure is beyond the thinking of our leadership, unfortunately.
20ag07
Quote:

Much as I loved the SEC, the backstabbing Bama biys and t.u. stench leads me to LOVE the idea of A&M to the B1G where it would orobably earn more $ and
get a TON of national exposure playing West Coast East Coast and MIidwest.

THAT is the billion dollar move that I'm sure is beyond the thinking of our leadership, unfortunately.
Our leadership is smart enough to know they'll get more money, and at worst, equal exposure in the next deal.

Just watch.

But sorry that Greg Sankey, Nick Saban, and DeLoss Dodds hurt your feelings awhile ago.
moldaggie
JBGoode said:

Huh, I'm confused on how you are interpreting this. Standing up and saying we ain't gonna be treated like dog crap isn't acting "skeered". It's the opposite. This isn't about tu (though perhaps for a small portion it might be), it's about having balls and ALSO being SMART. I am not saying we should leave now, what I am saying is if things keep shaking out the way they are, it might be a great move for us. Heck, if we didn't STAND UP and leave for the SEC in the first place where would we be today? WINNERS don't make moves and become complacent. YOU stand for doing nothing, who is the chicken little?

In fact, did you know the Big 10 makes more money currently than the SEC? I would imagine you also know academically it would help A&M too if we were in the Big 10. Let's see how things unfold..

Lastly, one more edit -LOL, knowing a competitors move or getting information on a competitor is wise. Do you disagree?
Divining Rod
20ag07 said:

Our leadership is smart enough to know they'll get more money, and at worst, equal exposure in the next deal.

Just watch.

But sorry that Greg Sankey, Nick Saban, and DeLoss Dodds hurt your feelings awhile ago.
I'm sorry you're content being a tag-along asking Sankey and your untrustworthy "partners" to look out for you.

A&M made a BOLD move a decade ago. Moving to the Big Ten would be even bigger, and would (unbelievably) be seen as an even bigger seismic shift than USC/UCLA to Big 10.

A top echelon SEC team moving voluntarily to another conference. Giving the finger to Sankey is just a bonus. (Sorry if you are related.)
20ag07
Quote:

A&M made a BOLD move a decade ago. Moving to the Big Ten would be even bigger, and would (unbelievably) be seen as an even bigger seismic shift than USC/UCLA to Big 10.

A top echelon SEC team moving voluntarily to another conference. Giving the finger to Sankey is just a bonus. (Sorry if you are related.)
Not one person actually wanted us to move to the BIG10 a decade ago over the SEC. I know. I followed it. Nobody wanted that.

The only people who do today, are people who got their feelings hurt, and would make them feel better for a minute.

Before they realized that nothing about that makes sense, and they're also about to get more money to stay.

If you can't see, today, Sankey's moves made sense, you're mentally deficient.
moldaggie
20ag07 said:

Quote:

Not one person actually wanted us to move to the BIG10 a decade ago over the SEC. I know. I followed it. Nobody wanted that.

The only people who do today, are people who got their feelings hurt, and would make them feel better for a minute.

Before they realized that nothing about that makes sense, and they're also about to get more money to stay.

If you can't see, today, Sankey's moves made sense, you're mentally deficient.

I think you would agree the conditions have changed in college football, let alone the Big 10, as compared to a decade ago? At least I hope so..

Look, if ANYONE WANTS to go to the Big 10 because of Sankey, yes that is reactive and immature. AGREE

I am talking about what makes sense and is best for us, though it is too soon to even think about making the move. If we did in the future, sure, it's also true that it would be nice to say Adios to Sankey as well. Who cares what tu does. They probably would follow us there too - LOL...
Divining Rod
^ thank you. I was about to post the same thing. This guy obviously doesnt understand what's happening right now.

This is a two-party system, and A&M has the opportunity to sit atop (or alongside the top) one of them right now. Some think big, and plant orchards, while others are content to eat the apples that happen to fall to the ground.

BMX Bandit
He's shown he knows more about what's going on than anyone else I've seen post on this
BTKAG97
AG
franzbennett said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Absolutely. They are and always have been a bad business partner that seeks to continually leverage for themselves at the expense of anyone and everyone else. I'd be shocked if someone from their AD hasn't been in contact with B1G and Sankey this week trying to explore better deals.
Isn't that called capitalism?
Not even close.
Sq 17
SchizoAg said:

rootube said:

On the contrary, adding USC and UCLA does a lot. It makes the B1G significantly more attractive to the sips. Not more attractive than the SEC, but it is at least plausible now that they would reconsider joining it, assuming they aren't locked into a deal with the SEC (which I doubt; that isn't the SEC's style).

Given that it's now plausible that they might choose the B1G, that gives them more leverage against the SEC. They could use the fact that both the B1G and SEC are interested in them to try to force the SEC to pay off the BDF and let them leave early. I could see Snakey and the "gentlemen" being willing to pony up, rather than risk losing t.u. to the B1G. I know Aggies would be against it, but our cowardly admin/regents would fall in line.
The new B1G would be very attractive to tu, especially if they grab a couple extra teams ND the ducks or Stanford
New B1G west could be tu, OU , NU, IA , ND , the 3 Cali schools', Ducks, Minn , & Wisci
I wonder if Nebraska has the ability to block an invite.
USC & UCLA only makes sense if they are going after another 2-4 teams
bryanw1995
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Absolutely. They are and always have been a bad business partner that seeks to continually leverage for themselves at the expense of anyone and everyone else. I'd be shocked if someone from their AD hasn't been in contact with B1G and Sankey this week trying to explore better deals.
Nice to see that bas is alive and well.

News flash, this is how every prominent program behaves. The reason the SEC works so well is that there are a lot of prominent programs, preventing one from getting too much power over the rest. Same for the B1G. Clearly this was not the case for the big 12 and pac 12, and it will likely be the ACC's eventual downfall, too.
bryanw1995
AG
moldaggie said:

Bryanisbest said:

12thMan9 said:

Bryanisbest said:

A&M students wouldn't road trip to LA? Ever been to Madison? Pretty cool place. Or how about Chicago?

Are places like Tuscaloosa, Starkville, Norman, Colombia, or Lexington really much better places to travel too?
I've been to 4 of those 5 sec towns you listed for road trips, and they were certainly closer than la or Madison.
bryanw1995
AG
Divining Rod said:

20ag07 said:

Just watch.

I'm sorry you're content being a tag-along asking Sankey and your untrustworthy "partners" to look out for you.

4 schools left the big 12 about a decade ago. Colorado and Missouri don't seem to have improved much, but they've remained about where they were at least. Nebraska chose the b1g and have turned into an afterthought, we chose the SEC and are in the best place we have ever been athletically. I for one am extremely happy with the trajectory of our athletic department. Should we always keep our eyes open for the best long term opportunities? Of course, but the first decade of our 100 year decision has worked out better than most of us could have dreamed of.
Football: SEC is 1a and B1G is 1b

Basketball: B1G >>> SEC

Baseball: SEC >>> B1G
TexAggie1999
bryanw1995 said:

Divining Rod said:

20ag07 said:

Just watch.

4 schools left the big 12 about a decade ago. Colorado and Missouri don't seem to have improved much, but they've remained about where they were at least. Nebraska chose the b1g and have turned into an afterthought, we chose the SEC and are in the best place we have ever been athletically. I for one am extremely happy with the trajectory of our athletic department. Should we always keep our eyes open for the best long term opportunities? Of course, but the first decade of our 100 year decision has worked out better than most of us could have dreamed of.

Excceeds Expectations:

- Heisman Trophy Winner
- One #1 Recruiting Class

Below Expectations:
- Thought we would win a Conference, or at least Divisional, Title in the first 10 years.

I don't really think we have exceeded realustic expectations, but it hasn't been a failure either.
BMX Bandit
33 said:

Football: SEC is 1a and B1G is 1b

Very fake news.

bryanw1995
AG
Divining Rod said:

^ thank you. I was about to post the same thing. This guy obviously doesnt understand what's happening right now.

This is a two-party system, and A&M has the opportunity to sit atop (or alongside the top) one of them right now. Some think big, and plant orchards, while others are content to eat the apples that happen to fall to the ground.

We have the opportunity to sit atop the SEC right now. Why double our average travel distance for the same money, same headaches, plus add more headaches from pissed off bma who just built your $450m palace?

When the grass is clearly greener, as it was 11 years ago, then moving makes sense. Today, that is not the case. Let's keep doing what we're doing during this time of enormous upheaval, while also keeping our eyes open to future opportunities.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.