Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Loudest you ever heard Kyle Field?

9,794 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiejim70
maroongoon95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going with 2010 Nebraska. 4th down, Nebraska last play of game. And close behind the 95 yard Achane KO return against Bama last season.
Bunk Moreland
Clemson 2018
Bama 2021
Bama 2013
Nebraska 2010
Sponge
AG
Bonfire game. Final tu drive and applesauce sack.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
tu 1985
bgrimm05
AG
OU 2002
aglaes
AG
Nebraska - 1998.
Texas - 1985
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Emilio Fantastico said:

tu 1985

was not at this game but as a kid i do not ever remember hearing kyle louder. it was a rockin.

also will never forget that 85 game for ags hanging 42 on sips on jackie's 42nd bday. was awesome.
AG
I forget which year it was that Andre Ward won the Heisman trophy at UH and we beat them.

When we sacked him and held his helmet up in the air it got pretty freaking loud.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
bgrimm05 said:

OU 2002
when Toombs carried half the defense into the endzone in 2000. the B-1 Flyover was great as well.
Matsui
AG
Nebraska 2010
Bama 2021
Okalahoma 2002
Azariah
AG
I've been going to games since I was a student in the mid-90s, and the loudest I've ever heard a game, start to finish, was last year's Bama game. It was skull rattlingly loud, start to finish, probably because we came out of the gate swinging and never backed down.

1985 was before me
2010 Nebraska is the game I saw on TV that convinced me to get season tickets.
2018 LSU was extremely loud, but it was only at the end, after all the chuckleheads got locked out, did it really approach epic levels.
Charlie 31
AG
Kyle Field vs. tu in 1985.

That was my fish year in the Aggie Band and my first time to attend the "Lone Star Showdown" in person. My ears were ringing that night and the next morning and I lost my voice for two days from how loud we all yelled every time the sip offense stepped onto the field of play.

Final score:
Texas Aggies 42 (on Coach Jackie Sherrill's 42nd Birthday)
sips 10

Mathguy64
AG
Texas 1985. The night it rained cotton.
StinkyPinky
AG
2002 OU is definitely up there. Haven't seen it mentioned but I also went to the Virginia Tech in 2002 which was the first time we played them since the 70's, and during Beamer's glory years. For whatever reason Kyle field was excited for this game and the noise was ear splitting on defense. My nephew went with me to the game and he said he had a ringing in his ears for 3 days straight. We lost 13-3, but was still a cool experience.
LostInTheSchloss
AG
For an entire game it's probably Bama '21
W
AG
aglaes said:

Nebraska - 1998.
Texas - 1985
the loudest single moment I can remember...is when Warrick Holdman recovered the Nebraska QB's fumble in the endzone in the 3rd quarter.

that's when the fans actually believed that A&M was going to win
Bad Poster
2010 Nebraska
2021 Alabama
2013 Alabama (Mike Evans 95 Yd Touchdown)
2010 Oklahoma (All those Goal Line Stands)
AgOutsideAustin
AG
98 Nebraska with around 65,000.
QB1
AG
Easy - stadium implosion

But #2, UT in 2016, lil top was storming back, we were bouncing off Kamara but in the end , that's another ag victory boys
maroongoon95
AG
I SCREWED UP MY OWN TOPIC. I MEANT TO ASK LOUDEST SINGLE MOMENT AT KYLE, WHICHI DESCRIBED. I WAS TOO VAGUE . THE LOUDEST GAME TOPIC HAS BEEN BEAT TO DEATH
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
tu 1985
NU 2010
Alabama 2013
OU 2002
tu 1999
NU 1998
LSU 2018
UT 2016
KSU 1996
#FJB
Dr.Pepper7
AG
Armani Watts pick in 2016 vs Tennessee was loud.
Hearne_Ag
AG
2021 Bama - Achane's kickoff return
BTHOB-98
W said:

aglaes said:

Nebraska - 1998.
Texas - 1985
the loudest single moment I can remember...is when Warrick Holdman recovered the Nebraska QB's fumble in the endzone in the 3rd quarter.

that's when the fans actually believed that A&M was going to win
Anyone who says different was not at the 1998 Nebraska Game. Loudest game I have ever been at!!!

Jimbo4win
AG
I was at the Bama game last year and it was nice but it's hard to get really loud when a game is high scoring like it was Sacks, 3rd downs when on defense and other defensive plays usually create the most volume..
DuckySams
Emilio Fantastico said:

tu 1985

Truth. No game has touched this one in noise level. The 87 game was close (my senior year).
maver1ck
AG
Bama 2015 right before halftime was deafening. I wish this video did it justice

HoustonAg2021
Was in the student section for LSU 7OT. It had to be that. Everyone was tired or exhausted but were still in it to support our boys in maroon. I'm so glad I got to experience the student section during that game. Nobody left and everyone gave it their all to give LSU hell
ny_aggie
AG
Oklahoma state 1997. We were down by 15 going into the 4th.
AgBQ-00
AG
ny_aggie said:

Oklahoma state 1997. We were down by 15 going into the 4th.

Was about to post this one. Very underrated and I believe it was our first OT game
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
DuckySams
79 Texas game was damn loud too - with far less seats.
Russ79
AG
Any home game between 1976 and 1979...many times it would be Tuesday before my ears would quit ringing and I could hear good again.
Wahoo82
AG
tu-1985 My wife and I sat by each other and had to yell at the top of our lungs to hear each other. And it DID rain cotton. So cool.
maroongoon95
AG
OH GOSH, I MEANT SINGLE LOUDEST PLAY AT KYLE. I WISH STAFF WOULD EDIT MY TOPIC. I BROUGHT THIS UP MANY OF THREADS BEFORE BUT E EVERYONE KEEPS BRINGING UP LOUDEST GAMES. YES, WE ALL KNOW ITS THE 85 SIP GAME OR 2010 NEBRASKA. I'M ASKING ABOUT A SINGLE PLAY LOUD MOMENT. AGAIN, LAST NEBRASKA OFFENSIVE PLAY 2010, AND ACHANE KO RETURN LAST YEAR.
Mathguy64
AG
maroongoon95 said:

OH GOSH, I MEANT SINGLE LOUDEST PLAY AT KYLE. I WISH STAFF WOULD EDIT MY TOPIC. I BROUGHT THIS UP MANY OF THREADS BEFORE BUT E EVERYONE KEEPS BRINGING UP LOUDEST GAMES. YES, WE ALL KNOW ITS THE 85 SIP GAME OR 2010 NEBRASKA. I'M ASKING ABOUT A SINGLE PLAY LOUD MOMENT. AGAIN, LAST NEBRASKA OFFENSIVE PLAY 2010, AND ACHANE KO RETURN LAST YEAR.
Ok. I'll be more specific than "85 versus sips".

In that game Bret Stafford kept walking up to the line and it was so loud the backs and OL couldn't hear his snap count. So he would back out and look at the Referee behind him and they held off the play clock. The crowd would wind down, he would go back to the line and it would get louder. Each time he came back it was louder than the last. The Ref finally told him to get his butt under center and take the snap. The 3rd down took more than a minute to happen and ended with Stafford sacked on his own 3 yard line.

And that was with Kyle in the tackle box and horseshoe configuaration.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.