Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Loudest you ever heard Kyle Field?

9,783 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiejim70
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

bgrimm05 said:

OU 2002
when Toombs carried half the defense into the endzone in 2000. the B-1 Flyover was great as well.

Ha, I wasn't there - but the B-1 flyover as the broadcast kicked off with the team running out to the War Hymn sounded like the craziest / most chaotic thing ever. Crowd was in an absolute frenzy, and then we got this moment early in the game.

That game was a letdown for sure. I still think we win it if Robert Ferguson was 100% that day (most Aggie thing to say ever).
agswin84
AG
maroongoon95 said:

I'm going with 2010 Nebraska. 4th down, Nebraska last play of game. And close behind the 95 yard Achane KO return against Bama last season.

This. This was the loudest ever. Yes, I was there
'84 '87 '89
CajunAg97
AG
Dr.Pepper7 said:

Armani Watts pick in 2016 vs Tennessee was loud.
This!
In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.
oschultz47
AG
Surprised the calzada chants when he got hurt vs. Bama haven't been mentioned
JBGoode
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

tu 1985

Oh, are we allowed to say tu games on this one? I mean, well, you know, tu is not our rival and all...
rrtodds
AG
The loudest Kyle … Oct 2014 … the first defensive series vs Old Miss … 110,633 attendance …largest Aggie and SEC game ever as well as largest game ever in the state of Texas.
Sublette County
AG
No one really talks about how loud 2021 Auburn was, it was overall a louder game than Bama due to the defensive nature of the game. The crowd was loud on defense throughout. The Clemons TD off the sack-strip when we were up 9-3 in the 4th was a wall of escalating noise.
The Collective
AG
For single pop reactions, Mond to Davis at the end of regulation against LSU is up there.
1990Hullaballoo
AG
Mathguy64 said:

maroongoon95 said:

OH GOSH, I MEANT SINGLE LOUDEST PLAY AT KYLE. I WISH STAFF WOULD EDIT MY TOPIC. I BROUGHT THIS UP MANY OF THREADS BEFORE BUT E EVERYONE KEEPS BRINGING UP LOUDEST GAMES. YES, WE ALL KNOW ITS THE 85 SIP GAME OR 2010 NEBRASKA. I'M ASKING ABOUT A SINGLE PLAY LOUD MOMENT. AGAIN, LAST NEBRASKA OFFENSIVE PLAY 2010, AND ACHANE KO RETURN LAST YEAR.
Ok. I'll be more specific than "85 versus sips".

In that game Bret Stafford kept walking up to the line and it was so loud the backs and OL couldn't hear his snap count. So he would back out and look at the Referee behind him and they held off the play clock. The crowd would wind down, he would go back to the line and it would get louder. Each time he came back it was louder than the last. The Ref finally told him to get his butt under center and take the snap. The 3rd down took more than a minute to happen and ended with Stafford sacked on his own 3 yard line.

And that was with Kyle in the tackle box and horseshoe configuration.
Just to add my $0.02. Didn't make it to Mecca until the fall off '86, so i missed the '85 tu game.

The '87 tu game matched the description of the '85 game above for the first series tu had the ball.

The difference in '87 was that the same thing happened for the second and third tu offensive series.

Roommate and I sat on 50 yd line, third deck, top row. It was so loud for their first series that we were trying to yell at each other to understand and still couldn't hear what was being yelled. tu and the refs stopped the game several times, but that just made it louder. O line and backs could not hear the QB no matter how they tried. I had no voice for the next three days. Cotton raining down so thick at the end of the game, you couldn't see the field almost. Looked up attendance - just over 78,000.

Watched replay on KAMU next day. Couldn't hear either one of the Daves announcing inside the booth.

If '85 was louder, OSHA could've had a hell of a hey day if it were a workplace!

I was at the Auburn 2021 game also mentioned. It was loud, but nowhere near the level of '87. I could still "talk" to my daughter standing next to me.

Edit to add:

I always heard the old Kyle third deck would sway when we "sawed Varsity's horns off." I can say that is true as it was VERY evident on the top row that night.

Also, the stomping on the bleachers was not only LOUD, bit could be FELT in the concrete!

I’ve seen them play since way back when,
And they’ve always had the grit;
I’ve seen ‘em lose and I’ve seen ‘em win,
But I’ve never seen ‘em quit.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I was at both '85 and '87 games. I really don't recall that in the latter game. Not saying you are wrong here, I just don't recall much from that game. I guess I have always remembered the '85 game because it was my first sip game, it was a massive victory (42-10), and it sent us to the Cotton Bowl for the first time since the year of my birth.

My biggest recollection of the '87 game has always been that a true freshman QB from Louisiana did a QB keeper (off-tackle?) right into the guts of the sip defense on 4th and goal in a 13-13 game for the game winning TD.
#FJB
tk111
AG
Obviously not the loudest, but to add something a bit different - I will always be proud/impressed with how loud we got in the 2020 Florida game. I was in the south end zone second deck which looked positively barren and when things got rolling after the td in the second half off of basically a whole drive of run plays, I was trying to figure out where the noise was coming from.
AggieP18
'21 kickoff return against Bama, and I'd like to think when Gilly blocked the Bama punt in the end zone. Can still feel the stadium shaking up on the second deck.
12thMan9
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

My biggest recollection of the '87 game has always been that a true freshman QB from Louisiana did a QB keeper (off-tackle?) right into the guts of the sip defense on 4th and goal in a 13-13 game for the game winning TD.
Easy there chief. He scored on 2nd down.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Well, I usually remember details pretty good. Was getting ready to come back at you, then thought better of it and found a youtube video of game highlights. I stand corrected.
#FJB
sambo13
AG
I was in attendance for 2010 Nebraska, 2013 'Bama, and 2021 'Bama. I was on the first row of the 2nd deck in Denver when Tebow and Demaryius Thomas beat Pittsburgh in OT in the NFL playoffs. Mike Evans' 97 yard TD, when we were about to go down 21 and suddenly found ourselves down 7, is the single loudest sporting moment I can ever recall hearing. The Tebow/DT score is a really, really close 2nd.

2010 Nebraska and 2021 Bama I would say are tied for loudest full-game volume.
SinKiller
Gamble recovering the fumble against the sips in the Bonfire game, probably the most energy expelled in the 7 decades I've been going to Kyle. I've seen 200 plus games, and that was the one that hit me the most.

As for game, I'll still go with Nebraska at "small" Kyle. I can still remember my headache from that one, during and after the game. I was right behind the 'Husker bench, so I had the students in full voice. I had the same seats when Ware was sacked, he came to the sidelines and upended a table of Gatorades. RC unleased them that day, lb's swarmed him.

schmellba99
AG
Nebraska '98
ABATTBQ87
AG
Post 87

tu 1985 was the loudest in the 20th century
jenks
AG
1. Bama 2021
2. Clemson 2017
3. OU 2002
4. tu 1985
monarch
S
You know, Kyle Field in it's current configuration is fabulous; its a good place to watch a game, it's easy to get in and out, it seats more than 106000 and as we know can hold up top 109,000. The noise level can be totally "...lose your hearing loud." But I will always remember games under the 72000 configuration and then after the North End Zone was completed. Games during that time frame were just unbelievably deafening. Those games were just bad assed.
Peace for Ukraine!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
monarch said:

You know, Kyle Field in it's current configuration is fabulous; its a good place to watch a game, it's easy to get in and out, it seats more than 106000 and as we know can hold up top 109,000. The noise level can be totally "...lose your hearing loud." But I will always remember games under the 72000 configuration and then after the North End Zone was completed. Games during that time frame were just unbelievably deafening. Those games were just bad assed.
Agreed on all of that. Eventually we'll have a new generation of old Ags talking about the bad assed games against Clemson, Alabama, and Auburn like we current old Ags talk about sip, OU, and other games.
#FJB
Emilio Fantastico
AG
JBGoode said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

tu 1985

Oh, are we allowed to say tu games on this one? I mean, well, you know, tu is not our rival and all...

Go away sip.

You're not fooling anyone.
jgarrett
AG
Nebraska 2010
gjchap88
AG
Fast forward to 10:45. Loudest I ever heard it…

Southlake
I was at every game mentioned in this thread. The tu games were extremely loud. The 79 tu game when Curtis Dickey faked a halfback pass and ran straight into the end zone from 35 yards out was deafening p. Damn, he covered those yards in about 2.5 seconds.

But Keith Woodsides 92 yard run in 87 was 15 seconds of a jet engine in your ear.
tjack16
AG
Achane kick return vs Bama 2021
Quartney Davis TD to tie it as time expired vs LSU 2018
Mike Evans 90 yard TD vs Bama 2013
End of Tennessee game in 2016

Off the top of the head those are the loudest single moments I remember

Two very underrated loud moments though were 2015 when we sacked Dak Prescott back close to our own end zone after Ricky seals Jones was ejected. Also when Armani Watts returned a blocked field goal for a touchdown against Rice, but the return did not count
tandy miller
AG
Bama '21: Achane return
Bama '21: small FG
Nebraska 2010: that last stop that we had. That game was rockin
FJB
rsf0626
Nebraska 2010. 3rd down play at the end of the game

By far the loudest i've heard Kyle
aggiegirl1970
I was a freshman at A&M in 1984, and have only missed a game or two since. 1985 t.u. was deafening. My ears rang like I had been to a loud heavy metal concert. Loudest game ever until Alabama 2021 for a whole game. My ears rang after beating Bama. So, t.u. 85, Bama '21. But there are a ton of other extremely loud games, most of which you guys have already brought up. Gig em!
MD20/20
AG
'85 tu was loud and definitely memorable because it was so important.
But, I'd have to go with "79 tu. Curtis Dickey scored in the 4th to take the lead. After that, every time tu went on offense, it was a beautiful, deafening wall of noise.
Cooter Brown is my designated driver.
aggiejim70
AG
I was at both games, and I'm not gonna argue with you. Somewhere in the mix, we have to put the '85 SMU game. Personally, I think I yelled more and louder at that game since I was a fish and Mr. Beck and Mr. Talley were encouraging me to do so.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.