Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Best home game this year.

6,532 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by LMCane
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is your pick?
usmcbrooks
Bunk Moreland
Miami because it's the first big test and a huge name we don't play regularly. Followed by LSU, Florida, and Ole. Miss
BJM1781
AG
Miami game.

Conservatives vs Convicts
merch
LSU.
Rival- so game means more
Conference game/west - so it means more.
Late season - so it means more.
Recruiting - Means more
LSU has far better program - so win means more
Payback - for getting robbed last year

Personally, got a lot more dislike for LSU since we play them every year. Haven't thought about Miami in 25 years.
BJM1781
AG
So you didn't think about Miami when we played them in '07 or '08?
HortAg09
AG
I'm definitely ok with not remembering that home game.
NoahAg
UMass. Trap game before LSU.
Let's go, Brandon!
aglaes
AG
Ole Miss - SEC West game. They beat us last year. They have 3rd year coach - as opposed to Florida and LSU both with 1st year coaches.

LSU - SEC West game. They beat us last year. We stole their QB that beat us last year.

Showstopper
AG
Ouch. Guess we know where the LSU game really stands as a rivalry game when you have people arguing for freaking Miami and Ole Miss. Back when we played them, there wouldn't have even been a discussion about who the biggest home game was on years where the game was at home. In fact, I don't even have to say whom "them" is, because you already know, don't you?

Of course I'm talking about Baylor and the Battle for the Brazos, baby!
rootube
AG
Showstopper said:

Ouch. Guess we know where the LSU game really stands as a rivalry game when you have people arguing for freaking Miami and Ole Miss. Back when we played them, there wouldn't have even been a discussion about who the biggest home game was on years where the game was at home. In fact, I don't even have to say whom "them" is, because you already know, don't you?

Of course I'm talking about Baylor and the Battle for the Brazos, baby!

Fran did his part to make that game a rivalry.
BJM1781
AG
Didn't Jerrod Johnson chuck like a 60 yard Hail Mary to Marty B once the game was already lost? That's like the only memory I have of it.

I remember thinking, "damn, that connection is going to light up the Big XII." But, no.
Showstopper
AG
Sadly enough, I think Baylor may be the only team he did own, although even there I think he still managed to end our winning streak against them.
NyAggie
AG
Showstopper said:

Sadly enough, I think Baylor may be the only team he did own, although even there I think he still managed to end our winning streak against them.

He did

Baylor beat us at the end of the game on a two pointer rather than go to overtime

Then gameday decided not to come for the ou game the next week, where Fran lost because he kicked a fg with like 2:00 minutes left when we were down 4 inside the ou 20 I believe

Then we stopped ou on 3 plays burning our timeouts leaving them 4th and inches from inside their own 30 and stoops went for it and made it game over

Kicking that fg was right up there with not going for 2 vs Clemson with like 9 minutes to go after scoring to go up 1

Citizen Reign
I could go with either LSU or Ole Miss.

Start off on the winning side with Kelly. -vs- Don't let Kiffen get two in a row.

Beating the hell out of Complane Kiffen may be the more important of the two.
Nice Guy Eddie
AG
Miami doesn't really have fans, much less the ones that travel. Low passion and empty seats from their side. Plus, I think we will handle them by 14 or more.

Ol Miss will be more competitive and more meaningful because it's a conference game.

LSU is always a good game within a rivalry context, recruiting and otherwise.

UF may be a sneaky good weekend.

I spend a lot of time in Miami and have a ton of t shirt and UM graduate friends. I need for the Aggies to destroy that cup cake.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
To me, LSU is the biggest home game. It is a rivalry game in the final week of the regular season. Winning this game could give us an invitation to a NY6 bowl. Also, it is a revenge game against an SEC West team at Kyle Field. We stole their quarterback that beat us in Baton Rouge. In addition, this would be our 3rd consecutive home win against LSU.

To me, Ole Miss is the second biggest home game. This will be our first home game against Ole Miss since 2018 because the 2020 home game against Ole Miss was postponed a few times before being cancelled. That means it will be 3rd year Ole Miss Head Coach Lane Kiffin's first trip to Kyle Field. This is another revenge game against another SEC West team at Kyle Field.
NoahAg
NyAggie said:

Showstopper said:

He did

Baylor beat us at the end of the game on a two pointer rather than go to overtime

Then gameday decided not to come for the ou game the next week, where Fran lost because he kicked a fg with like 2:00 minutes left when we were down 4 inside the ou 20 I believe

Then we stopped ou on 3 plays burning our timeouts leaving them 4th and inches from inside their own 30 and stoops went for it and made it game over

Kicking that fg was right up there with not going for 2 vs Clemson with like 9 minutes to go after scoring to go up 1

I think you're mixing up your seasons. 04 Baylor and 06 ou.
Let's go, Brandon!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
NoahAg said:

NyAggie said:

Showstopper said:

He did

Yes, he is. In 2004, we lost to Baylor 35-34 in overtime in Waco, and that was the first time Baylor beat us in 19 years. In 2006, we lost to Oklahoma 17-16. In that game, we trailed Oklahoma 17-10 with 7:33 left in the 3rd quarter. We cut the deficit to 17-13 with 7:43 left, but Dennis Franchione elected to kick a 39-year field goal instead of trying to win it.

W
AG
I have Miami as the #1 home game...

because the Ags have recently beaten Florida and LSU at Kyle.

A&M has never beaten Miami at Kyle Field.

in fact the program's only win vs. the 'canes...came in the final months of the war...as in World War II

(1944 in Miami)
azhector72
Miami

shut up those stupid fans, get momentum and confidence for SEC play
BMX Bandit
W said:

I have Miami as the #1 home game...

because the Ags have recently beaten Florida and LSU at Kyle.

A&M has never beaten Miami at Kyle Field.

in fact the program's only win vs. the 'canes...came in the final months of the war...as in World War II

(1944 in Miami)

We've played them 3 times. Once in college station.

My pick is Ole miss for best home game
NyAggie
AG
NoahAg said:

NyAggie said:

Showstopper said:

He did

Yes, you are right we list to OU 42-35 the week after we lost to Baylor in 04 and didn't get gameday

06 was the Fran fg fane against ou

Either way still sucked and was a horrible time for A&M football
Anchorhold
The next one
The Agly Duckling
BJM1781 said:

Miami game.

Capitalists vs Convicts

FIFY
ABattJudd
AG
UF

Because I get to go to that one! First game at Kyle since Johnny's first game, which was also against UF. It will also be my daughter's first-ever game at Kyle, so I'm really stoked!
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
Nino Brown
Citizen Reign said:

I like could go with either LSU or Ole Miss.

Start off on the winning side with Kelly. -vs- Don't let Kiffen get two in a row.

Beating the hell out of Complane Kiffen may be the more important of the two.

Obviously LSU but there's just something about Ole Piss that's rubs me the wrong way. Not sure if it's their racist history or just string of dbag coaches or popped color tool frat boys. But every time we've lost to them like loser to Tech some in past, just makes me feel dirty and embarrassed.
Sq 17
It is just not Ole miss
The Ags have played poorly against both of the MS schools and personally I am tired of losing to them
That being said the season finale against LSU is the bigger game
The Dirty Sock
usmcbrooks said:

Everyone?
C2 Ag 93
"Best"... Obviously LSU
Most important first test... Miami

Honorable mention... Ole Piss
Triple-T
AG
Miami. First big test of the season. And chance to get the season momentum rolling.

Other important games are obvious.
Alpha Texan
AG
It's LSU, but I enjoy spending all of Thanksgiving weekend around a fireplace with family the most, so I'm most eager to go to Ole Miss
bowser222
S
So, I try to fly in for one game a year from home in Calgary To me it's Miami without a doubt.
McJulie-O
AG
bowser222 said:

So, I try to fly in for one game a year from home in Calgary To me it's Miami without a doubt.
Oh, you are going to ROAST in the heat!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
McJulie-O said:

bowser222 said:

Oh, you are going to ROAST in the heat!
Kickoff for the Miami is 8:00 PM when its much cooler. If the game was in the afternoon, I would agree with your comment. My friend and I decided to buy the 3-game flex package, and we will go to the Sam Houston, Miami, and Florida games
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.