Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Beginning of the end...

5,862 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MaroonStain
jriv09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
for Saban after today. Jimbo showed he will stand up for his players and Nick showed he will shrink and run when actually confronted. That has never happened before. There will also be more players coming out and talking about how much they were offered to play at Bama. Everyone is tired of Saban's crap and Jimbo was the one to finally call him on it. The giant is falling right before our eyes.
dixichkn
AG
We can only hope. He's not exactly crumbling. But this is the first time the almighty Saint Nick has been called to the mat publicly, and honestly I don't think he acquitted himself very well. Came off like a rotten child who was finally told "no" and didn't really know how to handle it. Don't start none, won't be none. Jimbo didn't go into all this looking for a fight. But by God he isn't backing down from one either. I love that dude.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Clllwge football is about to go through a massive change. The golden days are over, and aside from this chicanery, I've lost interest.
AstroAggie15
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Clllwge football is about to go through a massive change. The golden days are over, and aside from this chicanery, I've lost interest.

Then why are you on the football forum.
Win At Life
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

Buford T. Justice said:

For the chicanery. Duh.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

I remember my grand pappy saying something similar when he saw his first forward pass.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I view this simply as entertainment. Haven't been to a game in years.
TXAGBQ76
AG
It's a good thing college football is ok though
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Bill Superman
AG
Freedom has changed things in our favor once again… what do you know.
HDeathstar
All it was going to take was for him to have two losses in one year. He did well concentrating on one team in the conf. Now that he has to build a team to beat A&M and Georgia every year and be concerned about more than one loss, he knows he needs to get extra help.

I think he thought he was in a safe space when he made the comments, and I think he was just recruiting/installing fear in alumni for NIL money, but it looks bad. He wants one law nationwide, so he can cheat under the table again.

agnerd
AG
While I think Saban is completely out of line, I do understand his frustration. If everything was "fair," he'd have the best class every year he won the national championship. Those classes combined would result in a national championship most years. If Jimbo goes out and gets the best class in history without significant championships, it can send the message that winning doesn't really matter.

Put another way, most on this board would be irked if they worked hard an entire career to be president of a company sacrificing time with family and family vacations only to have a buddy from college that slacked off for 30 years be promoted to president. Most here would also say that a minority student getting more scholarship money or preferred admission over a white student would also be unfair if their record didn't match the white student's record.

In Saban's mind, he wins games so he deserves the best recruits. Most of us think that if we work the hardest, we deserve the best promotion and opportunities. We think that if we have the best grades and resumes, we deserve the most scholarship money. Eventually we learn that life isn't fair, and work to stack the deck in favor of our own personal goals.

And honestly, this is just par for the course for Saban. He complained about the passing game (because it gave other teams an advantage over him) while he was vastly improving the passing game. Now he's complaining about NIL (which gives other teams an advantage over him) while he's lobbying boosters to create a NIL program that will rival ours. Nothing really groundbreaking going on here.
rootube
AG
agnerd said:

While I think Saban is completely out of line, I do understand his frustration. If everything was "fair," he'd have the best class every year he won the national championship. Those classes combined would result in a national championship most years. If Jimbo goes out and gets the best class in history without significant championships, it can send the message that winning doesn't really matter.

Put another way, most on this board would be irked if they worked hard an entire career to be president of a company sacrificing time with family and family vacations only to have a buddy from college that slacked off for 30 years be promoted to president. Most here would also say that a minority student getting more scholarship money or preferred admission over a white student would also be unfair if their record didn't match the white student's record.

In Saban's mind, he wins games so he deserves the best recruits. Most of us think that if we work the hardest, we deserve the best promotion and opportunities. We think that if we have the best grades and resumes, we deserve the most scholarship money. Eventually we learn that life isn't fair, and work to stack the deck in favor of our own personal goals.

And honestly, this is just par for the course for Saban. He complained about the passing game (because it gave other teams an advantage over him) while he was vastly improving the passing game. Now he's complaining about NIL (which gives other teams an advantage over him) while he's lobbying boosters to create a NIL program that will rival ours. Nothing really groundbreaking going on here.

The Nick Saban fan club president checks in.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
agnerd said:

"Fair" assumes Nick has always run a 100% clean program. If you believe that, there's not much else to say.

You further forget that Nick's athletes have access to the High Tide Traditions collective AND university promotion department -- all while he's actively complaining about NIL deals. His claim? My players earned their NIL deals, while Jimbo's haven't (psst, NIL can't directly compensate for on-field performance). That dog just won't hunt.

He's completely FOS.
sonnysixkiller
AG
Jimbo was on Satan's staff so looks like they both need to shut the hell up before our coach tells off on his own self.
milner79
Win At Life said:

AstroAggie15 said:

Buford T. Justice said:

For the chicanery. Duh.
Chicanery?

Potcake
AG
Bullies tend to change their tune when they take one to the beezer.
Ugly
AG
milner79 said:

Win At Life said:

AstroAggie15 said:

Buford T. Justice said:

For the chicanery. Duh.
Chicanery?

I think you are looking for charcuterie.
AstroAggie15
AG
Ugly said:

milner79 said:

Win At Life said:

AstroAggie15 said:

Buford T. Justice said:

For the chicanery. Duh.
Chicanery?

Adult lunchables*
Potcake
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

Ugly said:

milner79 said:

Win At Life said:

AstroAggie15 said:

Buford T. Justice said:

For the chicanery. Duh.
Chicanery?

Adult lunchables*

That's the take of someone with the palate, and budget, of a five-year old.
oysterbayAG
AG
Jimbo opened up the can of worms. I think NIL is making college football more exciting and entertaining !
AstroAggie15
AG
Potcake said:

AstroAggie15 said:

Ugly said:

milner79 said:

Win At Life said:

AstroAggie15 said:

Buford T. Justice said:

For the chicanery. Duh.
Chicanery?

Adult lunchables*

That's the take of someone with the palate, and budget, of a five-year old.

Nah just don't like to drink bubbly wine with my finger up my ass

I'd rather have all that on a sandwich
SpiderDude
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

Ugly said:

milner79 said:

Win At Life said:

AstroAggie15 said:

Buford T. Justice said:

For the chicanery. Duh.
Chicanery?

Adult lunchables*

I'm stealing that one!
SBISA Victim
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Maybe you should go back to Clllwge
MaroonStain
AG
milner79 said:

Win At Life said:

AstroAggie15 said:

Buford T. Justice said:

For the chicanery. Duh.
Chicanery?

That pic loosens the bowels with one view.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.