Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Does tu suck so bad it's 11am kickoff

8,125 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Actual Talking Thermos
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never had an issue with the 11AM games, at least as far as watching them at home. Going to them is obviously a different story. Most people are already on the couch watching Gameday, you just flip over to whichever game you want to watch.

One of the biggest games of the year, Ohio St/Michigan is always at 11AM. Just not that big of a deal. If people care about the game, it doesn't matter what time it is.
bv86ag
AG
Whorns will be vomiting up their breakfast by the end of 1st quarter.
ag0207
AG
They just hope most of the Alabama players are still half asleep. It's the only chance they have. Sark also can't be trusted after 5 o'clock happy hour starts.
coreeed215
Currently FOX has not said what time the game will be. But for those that are asking for a PRIME Time Game. I can tell you that FOX currently has a MLB Game scheduled from 6p-9pm on 9/10/22

So a prime time game is not likely. What happened last year is they had a triple Header Game and lined up each of the games to air that fit best for there time zones.

Oregon @Ohio was ET so they went first. 11am CT
A&M vs Colorado at 230pm CT
and after the PRIME MLB Game they aired Stanford @USC PT (9pm CT)

9/11/2021
Weekend Marketplace
10:00am-12:00pm ET/PT // 9:00am-11:00am CT/MT
SPORTS
College Football Tripleheader
Big Noon Kickoff:10:00am-12:00pm ET
Big Noon Saturday
Oregon @ Ohio St. (Big Ten):12:00pm-3:30pm ET
Texas A&M vs Colorado (Pac-12): 3:30pm-7:00pm ET
MLB Pre-Game Show: 7:00pm7:30pm ET

PRIME
New York Yankees @ New York Mets
7:30pm-10:30pm ET

LATE NIGHT
Stanford @ USC:10:30pm-2:00am ET

If you ask me best Guess Id say the Alabama Longhorn game will be at 230pm on 9/10/22
dcg4403
AG
usmcbrooks said:

tu fans have started a petition to get the game moved to a night game. Let me know how that goes for ya.

Yep, I live close to Austin and do often listen to 104.9 The Horn. They were all complaining and moaning like babies about the 11am.

Thing is, they always seem to get the 11am game on Fox. And I always laugh at it.

If they were smart, they wouldnt want the game at night to avoid the nation watching them get the living crap kicked out of them.
rootube
AG
jja79 said:

5 of Ohio State's games last year were at 11AM. Do you not watch CFP to see there are good games in every time slot?

So Ohio State had five ****ty start times good to know.
MaroonStain
AG
jja79 said:

The number one viewership was for an 11AM kick last year. 5 of the 16 most watched games kicked at 11AM.

I don't prefer to go to 11AM kick off games but I've been to plenty.

Less than 1/3 of "most watched" games started at 11am? Neato. Newsletter?
Charlie 31
AG

coreeed215
Confirmed 11am start time

Saturday, September 10, 2022 * Doubleheader
Big Noon Kickoff:10:00am-12:00pm ET
Alabama @ Texas (Big 12):12:00pm-3:30pm ET
Washington St. @ Wisconsin (Big Ten): 3:30pm-7:00pm ET
AG81
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

That will likely be the most-watched game of the weekend.

My wife and I will be watching. She went to tu. For the record, she'll be rooting for Bama. It's her favorite team. I don't mean Bama, I mean whoever is playing tu.
Actual Talking Thermos
BMX Bandit said:

that is Fox's "prime" spot for college football. yes, its a premier game from network's view.
I wonder if this is partly because 11am games always start on time on the channel they're supposed to be on.
Krautag81
AtlAg05 said:

Since tu is still so perpetually young, they can't be out past 8pm
They'll get their happy meals after the game.
Slicer97
AG
I actually prefer A&M playing at 11 during dove season.
Batman96
58-7 BAMA
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
Call your shot though. How many times during the game are the announcer going to revisit "If only Cote hadn't gotten hurt."
Meximan
nbaker2022 said:

Kickoff at 11, game over by 12
How generous of you to give them an hour to hang with Bama.
war hymn aggie
AG
as a fan that would be at the game, Sept 10 @ 11AM is a BRUTAL time to attend this game.
Unless you are in the boxes or in the shade, the heat will make conditions miserable in the stands, especially for the few horn fans that will tough it out in the 2nd half after Bama goes up by 3 TD's......

I hope Bjork continues to take this factor into consideration for A&M each & every year & negotiates to start September kickoffs until late afternoons or early evenings so that the 12th Man & former students can actually enjoy the game without being miserably hot. I've been too many of these type of games over the years & many fans in the stands like myself simply persevere instead of truly enjoying the game throughout it's entirety.
Sq 17
SinKiller said:

Seems I recall 10:00AM kicks for the Ags vs. the sips not all that long ago...
I thought it was 11 but yes the t+1 front end of the double header usually nu v cu was the afternoon game was one of the worst tu time slots
20ag07
Quote:

I hope Bjork continues to take this factor into consideration for A&M each & every year & negotiates to start September kickoffs until late afternoons or early evenings so that the 12th Man & former students can actually enjoy the game without being miserably hot.
Bjork has ZERO negotiating power here. And as long as we keep scheduling Sam Houston State and App State in early Sept, those are gonna be 11/2:30 pm games.

ESPN is about to own the whole SEC TV inventory, and they are gonna maximize marquee games across every timeslot (more than 1 of which will be at 11 AM every week), and throw the boring games as the secondary against them on the lesser channels.

And Ross Bjork can't throw the weight he don't even have to "negotiate" anything about that.

Want the best slot? Be the most interesting matchup in your network's best timeslot.

Want the network money to pay for everything? Get what comes with that.
20ag07
A&M's posturing/polticing will be all about who we have to play, and how often. That's the best Ross boy can do.

ESPN's desired TV slate will determine the time and dates those things will happen.

And that's what the money is for.
war hymn aggie
AG
20ag07 said:

Quote:

I hope Bjork continues to take this factor into consideration for A&M each & every year & negotiates to start September kickoffs until late afternoons or early evenings so that the 12th Man & former students can actually enjoy the game without being miserably hot.
Bjork has ZERO negotiating power here. And as long as we keep scheduling Sam Houston State and App State in early Sept, those are gonna be 11/2:30 pm games.

ESPN is about to own the whole SEC TV inventory, and they are gonna maximize marquee games across every timeslot (more than 1 of which will be at 11 AM every week), and throw the boring games as the secondary against them on the lesser channels.

And Ross Bjork can't throw the weight he don't even have to "negotiate" anything about that.

Want the best slot? Be the most interesting matchup in your network's best timeslot.

Want the network money to pay for everything? Get what comes with that.
You are right. I'd like to think that Bjork could sway the SEC network to schedule non-conf games later in the day but then I realize that even Texas & Bama, with all their "blue blood" status still get an 11AM slot because FOX likes to broadcast their "game-of-the-week" at noon EST. Money ultimately & unfortunately speaks louder than the average fan's health & comfort.

You debunked my initial thoughts but you are incorrect in part of your response in that if you want the best slot you need to play an interesting opponent because Bama vs Texas is a premiere matchup, yet they still play @ a crappy time for fans in attendance.
20ag07
Quote:

You debunked my initial thoughts but you are incorrect in part of your response in that if you want the best slot you need to play an interesting opponent because Bama vs Texas is a premiere matchup, yet they still play @ a crappy time for fans in attendance.
It was FOX's best timeslot of the day, for them. FOX currently owns that matchup, bc the Big 12 is the home team. For FOX, the 11AM IS their marquee matchup. So yes, they grabbed that.

What you miss is that in 3 years, if not sooner, ESPN owns the whole damn thing. We sold it all.

When ESPN takes rights over from CBS, and TX/OU are in the field, there will be no Fox, there will be no CBS. ESPN will be spreading it all around to their own timeslots. SOME MARQUEE MATCHUP WILL HAVE TO TAKE THE 11 AM SLOT, every week! A TX/Bama matchup might still be an 11am game in that environment if A&M/Florida or LSU/Auburn matchups are the more interesting marquees of the day.

And that's how it will go in that new league. And the networks don't care. That's just what pays the bills now.

Ross boy can't negotiate a damn thing.

We'll show up where and when we're told, bc we got the paycheck.
20ag07
The league will go from 8 to 9 conference matchups. For more TV inventory, and more marquee matchups. Many of which will occur in Sept and Oct. Bc that was what was bought. And the buyers, ESPN, want those spread across their timeslots, and we gave up those time selection choices to get their checks. Many of which will occur at 11 and 230. That's how the game works.

Don't like it- write a bigger check than ESPN.

But Ross boy isn't negotiating that his fans deserve something "easier and cooler" than those in Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, etc etc etc.

It's all gonna get spread around by the whims of the check writers- ESPN, whom we sold our souls to to write our coaches $95M checks and build all the facilities and what not.
TXAG 05
AG
We could always go back to the days of rarely being on tv. When you aren't on tv, you can schedule the game for whatever time you want.
45-70Ag
AG
The Dirty Sock
at least 2000 have signed a petition to change to a night game.

dozens of us....DOZENS!!!!!
wbt5845
AG
rootube said:

jja79 said:

5 of Ohio State's games last year were at 11AM. Do you not watch CFP to see there are good games in every time slot?

So Ohio State had five ****ty start times good to know.
Not to them. Those B1G teams like the noon kickoff any time after October 1 since it gets cold up there and they want to play during the warmest part of the day.
NyAggie
AG
BMX Bandit said:

that is Fox's "prime" spot for college football. yes, its a premier game from network's view.
which is one of the reasons why fox sports sucks.

another is gus johnson.
Actual Talking Thermos
NyAggie said:

BMX Bandit said:

which is one of the reasons why fox sports sucks.

another is gus johnson

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.