Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

April 13, 2022

TexAgs Recruiting analyst Ryan Brauninger joined this morning for another edition of Recruiting Country, highlighting the latest news and notes from the recruiting trail following the Maroon & White Game at Kyle Field.

Key notes from Recruiting Country

• Bravion Rogers‍ (pictured above) was something that A&M started building momentum for over the weekend. Growing up, he loved A&M. He called it his dream school. The Aggies were a little bit late for an offer, but that didn't matter. He got the offer on campus, then returned for the Spring Game and committed yesterday. I drove down to La Grange yesterday and talked to him; he says this announcement was a weight off his shoulders.

• Rogers is a guy that just plays in fast forward. He's fast, and he plays football fast. Sort of like Devon Achane in that aspect, though maybe not as fast. This is a town that produced JK Dobbins‍. La Grange usually has a pretty solid hit rate on sending kids to play major college football.

• I know Kam Dewberry‍ was here and on campus doing what he could to help with recruiting the 2023s. Colton Thomasson‍ was here helping build the class. This was a huge weekend. I'll be honest, I didn't expect them to create the kind of buzz that they were able to on this weekend. Every review we get from people that were on campus has been positive. That's a credit to the coaching s staff and recruiting staff. The recruiting machine that is Texas A&M performed the way it has for the last 18 months.

• They did recruit well in 2021, then the page turned to 2022 and they just blew it out of the water. I think people got so invested in 2022 that it's taken a while for people to turn their attention to 2023. I think the Spring Game weekend will serve as the launching pad for this class. A year from now, I can see us looking back on the Spring Game as one of the bigger weekends to building this class.

• In reality, this was the first real Spring Game they've had since 2019 when you factor in COVID and the restrictions put on recruiting in that environment in recent years. It was eye-opening to me the amount of momentum and juice they were able to create.

• Nothing has changed with Anthony Hill‍, and that's a good thing for Texas A&M. I think a lot of schools are envious of Texas A&M and where they sit in his recruitment. He is an impact player at a position of need in this class. He and Derion Gullette‍ are the two names to watch at linebacker in 2023.
Discussion from...

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

4,868 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by abroyles10
aggieclay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I love the 22 class, and the 23 class will be just as good.
Now then, lets do something with it!!!!
abroyles10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.