Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kellen Mond starting Sunday?

16,117 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Flack
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MOND IS IN
taylorswift13
AG
2 FOR 2
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Kellen Mond just came in.
schmellba99
AG
Mond has a 100%completion rate!

Or did, not anymore.
taylorswift13
AG
2/3
5 yards
agz win
AG
Nice!
maver1ck
AG
NINK!
taylorswift13
AG
Then the Vikings go back to Mannion for the last drive
PhatMack19
AG

PhatMack19
AG
Ouch

taylorswift13
AG
What a pathetic response from a coach! He knows he has one week on the job
Sparkie
AG
Cold blooded roasted mond. Must get his coaching advice from texags.
PyriteAg
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Ouch

Yikes. Wtf happened there
The Porkchop Express
Dario said:

PhatMack19 said:

Ouch

Someone's got a future career as a motivational speaker, that's what!
PyriteAg
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Dario said:

PhatMack19 said:

Ouch

Someone's got a future career as a motivational speaker, that's what!
You got me. LOL
Bonfire1996
AG
The best insurance salesman in San Antonio 2025: Kellen Mond!
agz win
AG
On no. That's not good, at all.
Bunk Moreland
Zimmer is also the ***** who cut his rookie kicker and 4th round draft pick after 1 bad game and threw him under the bus.

After that they took Dan Bailey who was atrocious for 2 years and Greg Joseph who missed a few game winning kicks and key xp's before finally settling in.

Carlson has since gone on to become one of the best kickers in the NFL with the Raiders.

Mond may suck and not be showing well in practice but Zimmer is and always has been a *****. His firing will be well deserved.
A-A Ron
Bunk Moreland said:

Zimmer is also the ***** who cut his rookie kicker and 4th round draft pick after 1 bad game and threw him under the bus.

After that they took Dan Bailey who was atrocious for 2 years and Greg Joseph who missed a few game winning kicks and key xp's before finally settling in.

Carlson has since gone on to become one of the best kickers in the NFL with the Raiders.

Mond may suck and not be showing well in practice but Zimmer is and always has been a *****. His firing will be well deserved.
As a Vikings fan i totally agree with this. I've been waiting for them to fire Zimmer for 2 years now. Kind of like Sumlin, did well early hasn't done crap since and stayed 2 seasons too long.
bert harbinson
AG
Also a Vikings fan. Ready for a change and surprised he survived the loss to Detroit.
aezmvp
bert harbinson said:

Also a Vikings fan. Ready for a change and surprised he survived the loss to Detroit.
Time for firing coaches isn't over yet. But it's not hard to imagine that Mond rubbed a coaching staff or others the wrong way.
SinKiller
Mond's best pass was when he hit the GB linebacker right in stride, took an easy pick six away from Mond when he dropped it...Perhaps Zimmer has seen enough of what most people saw around here...Although I think Zimmer is taking a shot at the GM here...
agz win
AG
Simmer will and should be shown the exit soon enough.
Onionman
SinKiller said:

Mond's best pass was when he hit the GB linebacker right in stride, took an easy pick six away from Mond when he dropped it...Perhaps Zimmer has seen enough of what most people saw around here...Although I think Zimmer is taking a shot at the GM here...
I saw that. Really should have been a pick 6.
agcrock2005
AG
EDIT: Someone posted already
northeastag
AG
Zimmer sounds like someone who already knows he's gone. Otherwise, there are so many other more diplomatic ways to answer that question.

If zimmer isn't toast at the end of the year, I'd be surprised if Mond is with the team for 2022 season. That was a brutal level of disrespect from a coach towards a player that was so unnecessary and I wonder how the rest of the team reacts to it.
walton91
Wondering is there were draft day disagreements and Zimm got a QB he didn't want
Bunk Moreland
Again, he was ****ting publicly on his brand new rookie kicker in the preseason of his first year. This isn't new for Zimmer. He is probably a little more grumpy recently because he knows he's getting canned but he was an ******* publicly about his players in his first couple seasons with zero pressure on him too.

Preseason of Carlson's rookie year:

Quote:

The Vikings scored on a one-yard touchdown run by Latavius Murray after Carlson's first miss, and Zimmer chose to try a 2-point conversion rather than send Carlson out for the extra point.

""Just let him know if he's going to miss them, I'm going to go for two," said Zimmer after the game, noting that he wanted to send Carlson a message.
When he got cut a month later
Quote:

Zimmer was asked, "What went into the decision to let Carlson go?"

He responded with, "Did you see the game?" and then said it was a "pretty easy" decision.

Carlson currently is the 4th or 5th most accurate kicker in NFL history and has crushed bigtime FG's for the Raiders all season.

And another gem of his

Quote:

"Everybody says I don't like rookies. I like rookies. If they're the best players, I want them to play."

Then there was the...odd embrace on the sidelines when Cousins led them to a game winning FG drive earlier this year.
PyriteAg
AG
Quote:

Carlson currently is the 4th or 5th most accurate kicker in NFL history and has crushed bigtime FG's for the Raiders all season.
So you are saying there is a chance that Mond will get kicked out of the team and will eventually become a star QB?

Jokes aside, thanks for posting that. It really does seem like the dude is an utter POS that should really get fired soon.
Bunk Moreland
Oh it's very likely (almost a certainty) Mond is a struggling rookie QB in practice under a HC who's an ******* and is pretty inflexible.

A good comparison in how another coach would handle a situation is Ian Book for the Saints. He had no business starting the game but covid/injuries forced the hand. First pass was a pick 6. the opposing defense was just ****ing with him all night and the speed of the game was clearly too much.

Payton comes out after the game and discusses the play like this:

Quote:

"Look, in fairness to Ian, it's impossible to evaluate his play," Payton told reporters after the game. "Hopefully we can get a little healthier, get some guys back and be ready to go next week."

"I think he prepared well," Payton said. "I just think that it's one of the challenges sometimes that can take place even in the later part of preseason games where, man, you want to try to evaluate especially at the quarterback position but, you know, just keeping him up right tonight was a challenge. And I'm sure there's some plays that, you know, we'll look at and he'll look at. The first interception was a throw he'll want back but it's it's a tough position for him to be in.

"He's competitive and tough. He's gonna be fine. He'll be frustrated, like all of us, with some plays, but certainly it's not gonna define his growth or his career or what he does. It was kind of one of those perfect storms that, and it's a tough spot, we're all anxious to see him, and yet, it was just a tough spot for him to be in. And I think he's smart enough to understand that."

That's why Payton will always be who he is and Zimmer will always be who he is.
W
AG
the Vikings need Zimmer gone.

and Mond's career needs Zimmer gone too.

he's an old grouch
Paul Dirac
The best view of Mond is always in your rear view mirror.
Divining Rod
Zimmer appears to be a class A jerk. No wonder it looked like Cousins wanted to kill him last year (or was it this year?)
A-A Ron
Divining Rod said:

Zimmer appears to be a class A jerk. No wonder it looked like Cousins wanted to kill him last year (or was it this year?)
BOTH...
medwriter
Bunk Moreland said:

Even if he didn't show well in practice it is a pretty awful thing to do to a player looking for potential in the NFL. I mean, unless he came out and pissed in the coach's gatorade then the coach has no reason to throw the young man under the bus like that. I'd absolutely HATE to have him as a coach if I were a player. He reminds me of this dickwad of a VP that I worked for several years ago. I hope he loses his job and can't find another because that's what he is trying to do to a young man attempting to make a living at what he does best.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.