Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The Honeymoon is Over; FORGET THE SEC!!!

15,012 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Loyalty
Ag in Tiger Country
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I mindlessly perused the web this week while simultaneously listening to painfully boring CLE (Continuing Legal Education) webinars. In so doing, I read various sites (like Tiger Droppings), fan forum takes (such as 247, etc), and YouTube videos on A&M's bowl cancellation. LSU's hatred towards A&M shouldn't shock anyone, except perhaps those here that insist we aren't a rival of theirs, but I was shocked by the mirrored sentiments echoed by fans from Ole Piss, Arky (who after 1 victory in years suddenly believe they're relevant), Boomer, and naturally t-sips A-holes but also Bama & Georgia!! Likewise, all seemed to fall all over themselves at the prospect of t.u. & Boomer's move to the SEC, with a shared enjoyment of the perceived harm such will have upon A&M.

If anyone has viewed similar sites, it should be obvious that the voluminous vitriol directed towards A&M actually stems from fear and jealousy at A&M's potential after this year's recruiting class, and criticism of our Gator Bowl withdrawal is a mere pretext to justify their attacks and secondary to the real reason for such. After all, this year's recruiting momentum is viable proof that foretells A&M's future prowess with recruiting, especially with Jimbo at the helm of a program full of NIL riches; if Jimbo & Co can translate such onto the field, I have no doubt the hatred on display will grow exponentially.

I hope each of you realize that we have a huge target upon our backs like never before; agenda-driven media pundits will most definitely release hit pieces to generate further criticisms of our program, much like the recent Rivals piece. For years we self-fueled conspiracy theories concerning a perceived 'Aggie Bias', and it certainly appears that we now face this reality. Yet we must be mindful that such could potentially drive wedges within our Aggie family if folks concern themselves with the opinions of outsiders, as evidenced by the dribble posted in the Zoo as of late. Furthermore, we are quickly cementing ourselves as 'Public Enemy No. 1' in the minds of our SEC brethren and beyond, who seem offended that "****" has dared to upset the Elites' authority and challenge the status quo.

Accordingly, I say SCREW 'EM ALL!! Sankey's bush-league move this summer of adding t.u. & Okie trash did our university no favors; our win over Bama upset the system and left little Nicky with egg all over his face b/c Jimbo did in fact "beat his ass", and the remaining conference members are extremely jealous of the relatively new kid with all our fancy toys and thick wallets. Doubt what I claim? Try to find similar sentiments directed at Mizzou from the same cast of characters.

Therefore, please stop bickering with one another; instead, exhibit unity and defend our university, coach, and ESPECIALLY our team!! Oh, and to hell with all the "SEC! SEC! SEC!" nonsense; I for one hope every SEC team loses their bowl game and we see a Cincy/ Michigan title game since such would help with our recruiting AND it would make for great message board fodder!!

Gig 'Em & MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
OrygunAg
AG
Lump of coal?
moldaggie
After Sandusky threw us under the bus, everything has changed my tune on the sec..
moldaggie
Further, I say let's kick some azz in the sec and after join the big10
Tobias Funke
AG
You care too much about this
SBISA Victim
AG
Ag in Tiger Country said:

I mindlessly perused the web this week while simultaneously listening to painfully boring CLE (Continuing Legal Education) webinars. In so doing, I read various sites (like Tiger Droppings), fan forum takes (such as 247, etc), and YouTube videos on A&M's bowl cancellation. LSU's hatred towards A&M shouldn't shock anyone, except perhaps those here that insist we aren't a rival of theirs, but I was shocked by the mirrored sentiments echoed by fans from Ole Piss, Arky (who after 1 victory in years suddenly believe they're relevant), Boomer, and naturally t-sips A-holes but also Bama & Georgia!! Likewise, all seemed to fall all over themselves at the prospect of t.u. & Boomer's move to the SEC, with a shared enjoyment of the perceived harm such will have upon A&M.

If anyone has viewed similar sites, it should be obvious that the voluminous vitriol directed towards A&M actually stems from fear and jealousy at A&M's potential after this year's recruiting class, and criticism of our Gator Bowl withdrawal is a mere pretext to justify their attacks and secondary to the real reason for such. After all, this year's recruiting momentum is viable proof that foretells A&M's future prowess with recruiting, especially with Jimbo at the helm of a program full of NIL riches; if Jimbo & Co can translate such onto the field, I have no doubt the hatred on display will grow exponentially.

I hope each of you realize that we have a huge target upon our backs like never before; agenda-driven media pundits will most definitely release hit pieces to generate further criticisms of our program, much like the recent Rivals piece. For years we self-fueled conspiracy theories concerning a perceived 'Aggie Bias', and it certainly appears that we now face this reality. Yet we must be mindful that such could potentially drive wedges within our Aggie family if folks concern themselves with the opinions of outsiders, as evidenced by the dribble posted in the Zoo as of late. Furthermore, we are quickly cementing ourselves as 'Public Enemy No. 1' in the minds of our SEC brethren and beyond, who seem offended that "****" has dared to upset the Elites' authority and challenge the status quo.

Accordingly, I say SCREW 'EM ALL!! Sankey's bush-league move this summer of adding t.u. & Okie trash did our university no favors; our win over Bama upset the system and left little Nicky with egg all over his face b/c Jimbo did in fact "beat his ass", and the remaining conference members are extremely jealous of the relatively new kid with all our fancy toys and thick wallets. Doubt what I claim? Try to find similar sentiments directed at Mizzou from the same cast of characters.

Therefore, please stop bickering with one another; instead, exhibit unity and defend our university, coach, and ESPECIALLY our team!! Oh, and to hell with all the "SEC! SEC! SEC!" nonsense; I for one hope every SEC team loses their bowl game and we see a Cincy/ Michigan title game since such would help with our recruiting AND it would make for great message board fodder!!

RoadkillBBQ
Ags don't need to be liked by their opponents. They need to be respected by their opponents.
Sq 17
The SEC lore is non-sense it is semi pro football and a business. The Ags are considered a non-essential franchise.
sonnysixkiller
AG
Three of those schools you listed are jealous of Texas A&M and it involves nothing but money. That's the reason for the hate they know at the end of the day that's all that really matters and our sack is much bigger than theirs.
Shoefly!
AG
moldaggie said:

After Sandusky threw us under the bus, everything has changed my tune on the sec..

The dudes name is Stankey, the chode that runs the SEC.
Sandusky is the loser at Pedo State that thought it was ok to shower with little boys in the State field house.
JimAggie
AG
RoadkillBBQ said:

Ags don't need to be liked by their opponents. They need to be respected by their opponents.

Absolutely. We just need to take care of business and everything else will fall into place. We'll never get any respect as long as we lose to the States of Mississippi. Arkansas, and Louisiana.

...but when we start making the CFP on a regular business...just watch out.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
No one in the SEC is jealous of A&M. You are a fool if you think otherwise.

I'm glad we are in the SEC and believe we should have been there all a long. But it's a "prove yourself" league. And we haven't done that.
AgLaw02
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

. What? Do you even know anyone in Arkansas?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
AgLaw02 said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

. What? Do you even know anyone in Arkansas?

Yep, and all you have to do is look at Arky's record since we joined the SEC to know why they hate us.
Our joining and a motorcycle crash destroyed their program.
TaxLawAg
Sq 17 said:

The SEC lore is non-sense it is semi pro football and a business. The Ags are considered a non-essential franchise.

We're the most essential. We're the reason the SEC Network exists.
Ferg

What these clowns don't understand is we are the only ones capable of dealing with tu, and 100 times more capable than 10 years ago. When A&M and tu step in the ring its everyone else that gets a bloody nose.
LatinAggie1997
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

I'm glad we are in the SEC and believe we should have been there all a long. But it's a "prove yourself" league. And we haven't done that.

I think your first comment is far too generalized.
I firmly believe there are those that understand that with Jimbo and NIL we have evened the playing field with some and surpassed most. That creates fear and fear incites hatred.
superunknown
AG
why do you care what other fanbases think? I mean if you were a 14 year old girl on tiktok trying to become internet famous ok I get it but seriously, some of you folk are unhinged.
Reno Hightower
A fresh lump of coal for the SEC. Not a violent person by nature, but would love to punch Greg Sankey in the face and then kick him in the balls. Loathsome POS that he is.

Same goes for the officiating in this conference, **** 'em!
TX AG 88
AG
truly important opinions are not found on fan message boards. EVEN IF you correctly gauged the feeling of entire fan bases in your readings, you got the combined opinions of a bunch of fleas on the backs of dogs that will go where they want. {i know, my opinion here is just another case of a flea talking...}

places like this are occasionally relevant, but not often - typically they're just meaningless entertainment.
greg.w.h
AG
The SEC certainly is not the cozy little southern country club it seemed. With that said: WE (not they) have raised OUR (not their) profile because we joined. We haven't done it the way we could have in part because our administration is more lucky than good.

There is zero doubt there is more upside. The effort to fix basketball was a strategy for the league. It already has taken over from the West Coast the traditional Diamond sport dominance. Already was best in football and track and field (though perennial powerhouse Oregon has a sponsor that naturally draws the cream of that crop.)

Our administration likely just failed to communicate on the Texas/OU entry or it's why Young got terminated early. Either way, I'd like John Sharp to quit giving himself and the school ham-handed black eyes.

The recruiting is the reward for the luckiness but is only a step. The school has to fund everything Jimbo asks for us. We need to commit to being the top school in football and the only reward that matters is an NC. Being in THAT conversation annually is where the influence originates.
Buck Turgidson
Sankey needs to step in front of a speeding bus.
PatriotAg02
AG
Off the field we've done a lot of the necessary work to become great and compete for championships. The one area we have not (except for the Bama win) is on the field. Opponents are using that to talk us down. That will continue until we do it on the field.

Then, of course, the cheating accusations and media digging into our program for anything to bring us down begins.
MagnumLoad
OP, what you describe is not conference specific. It was the same in the SWC. Jealousy of and bias against A&M goes way back. Every time we would rise up, the ncaa (aka sips) would slap us down (Bryant, Sherill, Slocum). Many are jealous of the Aggie Spirit, the 12th Man, our loyalty and network, our rich history of national service, and much more. They resent that their boss is an Aggie and that we get their best women. Changing conferences won't change that. Just BTHO erbody!
azhector72
didn't read
yell_on_6th st
AG
azhector72 said:

didn't read

I did, not a horrible take. Good job op
Chester

You are 100% correct about the "fear and jealousy at A&M's potential" in the SEC. In addition to the various schools you mentioned you can Florida to that list. Florida is the t.u. of the SEC. Paul Finebaum is another one who has no love for A&M. We are on our own.
Chester
Hamburger Dan
Until aTm wins something on the field, I don't see a whole lot of fear from the other schools. aTm might be poised to achieve, but other than a Heisman, and this years football, recruiting bonanza, aTm football, baseball, and basketball is not taken as a serious threat. They might fear the money and potential- but that's about it.
SilverTongueDevil
Just win! We've been talked about for years being a sleeping giant. Time to put together 10 win season consistency and not be the program only capable of an occasional big win.
longeryak

Rat poison.
Gidnik
SEC Champs
AG
Win big and consistently, and they will line up to kiss the rings.
Martin Cash
AG
Dear Diary . . . . .
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Maroon Flash
AG
We gonna kick all their asses.
Maroon Flash
war_grackle
AG
It's almost like OP is trying to get a job with fansided.com.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.