Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Quinn Ewers

55,498 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Muy
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jason C. said:

So it sounds like a sip lock, but poor sip has convinced him to release a top three so sip can "win" a "head-to-head" recruiting battle?
There's legit smoke about Tech. Don't think he's a lock to tu, at all.
DimebagsGhost
AG
Ewers to OU
rootube
AG
GigEmTx said:

CJ Stroud won the QB competition as a Freshman. Given that he now has a year of starting experience on a really good team over Ewers, there's a very low chance Ewers sees the field at OSU other than mopping up. For the #1 recruit in his class, he's doing the right thing transferring because otherwise, he'd likely be waiting another two full years to play.

He'll be a benefit to whichever team gets him. It'll probably be tu and he'll look good in the big 12.I'd love for him to come to A&M and provide additional competition for the spot, but after gaming on OSU and not winning the spot, he only has one transfer that'll get him immediate eligibility to play. He'll go somewhere without a major competitor for starting QB - likely tu.

This is the right answer. I would also add the best example is Joe Burrow who was shaping up to be a career backup for the buckeyes.
infinity ag
QUINN IS COMING HOME BABY!!!
infinity ag
elaggie2002 said:

Wait some of you don't want the top ranked QB of 2022 and 5star player after what we just saw this year? Even if Calzada and King were amazing why don't you want to have depth at the most important position? If we want to compete with Bama and Georgia we need depth at every position. We have a good QB this year we lose maybe 1-2 games max.

Look I love Calzada. But he's not the answer. King not sure if many of you have seen him in person, but he's a small guy. I really don't think he can get through a a season.

Nothing is a guarantee at this point. If he wants to come here and I am the coach I take him in a heartbeat.

Dude, he was the OVERALL No 1 player last year. We want him.
Aggie87
AG
This "we" doesn't.

EKUAg
AG
Cactus Jack Spivey
infinity ag said:

elaggie2002 said:

Wait some of you don't want the top ranked QB of 2022 and 5star player after what we just saw this year? Even if Calzada and King were amazing why don't you want to have depth at the most important position? If we want to compete with Bama and Georgia we need depth at every position. We have a good QB this year we lose maybe 1-2 games max.

Look I love Calzada. But he's not the answer. King not sure if many of you have seen him in person, but he's a small guy. I really don't think he can get through a a season.

Nothing is a guarantee at this point. If he wants to come here and I am the coach I take him in a heartbeat.

Yes you do. WE don't.
Cactus Jack Spivey
EKUAg said:

Stated this. It's a "we (Infinityag, fightinag, SinKiller et al) beat out aggie for him. Sark is the man" ruse. Killing dildos in recruiting and talent. Got to create false hope, it's what they do.
Aggie_Swag18
If Stowers was going to play QB he would have been taking snaps in practice this year when we had no depth. If Jimbo didn't move him back to QB after King's injury it's highly unlikely we move forward with him at QB here.
Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
Cactus Jack Spivey
Fall roster will be King-Calzada/Weigman. Not difficult.
htownag10
AG
So I texted Jimbo and he said he doesn't care what y'all think.
jr15aggie
AG
Ewers is d bag. Has been out performed at all the elite camps by multiple guys.

He's not a bad QB, but he's entitled and this transfer just reeks of a guy that has already seen his glory years.

Wigman>>>
Southlake
Quinn was at the SL / Allen game today. Everybody was happy to see him. No hard feelings anywhere. Again, I hope he does well wherever he winds up.
Leander - Ag
AG
We don't need this kids drama
infinity ag
Cactus Jack Spivey said:

infinity ag said:

elaggie2002 said:

Yes you do. WE don't.

You are not an Aggie, so you GAF what you think?
Stone44
AG
Southlake said:

Quinn was at the SL / Allen game today. Everybody was happy to see him. No hard feelings anywhere. Again, I hope he does well wherever he winds up.
They sure don't miss him much. Totally dominated Allen . Makes you wonder if he's really that good or maybe his backup is a stud.....or could be the system.
Southlake
Stone44 said:

Southlake said:

They sure don't miss him much. Totally dominated Allen . Makes you wonder if he's really that good or maybe his backup is a stud.....or could be the system.
It's the system. The back up - now starter is a very good game manager. He doesn't make mistakes or turnovers and the strong run game sets up his passes. He's barely over 50%.

SL beat Allen today 47-21
bryanw1995
AG
dixichkn said:

Believe it or not I'm fine with next year's QB room. Weigman is going to be something special. Ewers……..I'm not gonna say a Spencer Rattler vibe bc I don't think he's an utter jackass like Rattler, but again, didn't play his senior season, took his NIL deal and is already flaking on Ohio St? Yeah there's some Martell working there
How can you judge him for graduating early? Why don't you go turn down $1.4m as a 17 yo kid then come and tell us your thoughts?

As far as his talents/abilitylocker room presence, I don't know that redshirting at Oh st was better than playing his sr year in hs, will be interesting to find out though.

Quote:

If all we had was calzada and king I would take, but since Weigman is coming it'd be a pass

Why not just recruit both then let the one who loses battle in the spring transfer?
merch
I see close to zero chance Jimbo risks class he is putting together to go after Ewers.
Nothing looks more foolish than tradition to those who have none.
Sq 17
Bump because another guy started a new thread
HECUBUS
AG
You could tell Quinn wasn't 100% when he got pressured in the Dodge Bowl. People forget how bad WL was (talent wise) before Brees. They weren't great during Nick's tenure either. This year it's the emergence of the sophomore RB Kayser that is resulting in the crazy blowout playoff scores. That kid is JFF level entertainment.

Wow!
Didn't see the WL, Vandergrift game yesterday but it appears So. Jack Kayser had another good half of football. Six touchdowns. 56-0 at the half. I did get to see Kayser run over, under, around , and through LT.

"Kayser scored on back-to-back touchdown runs on Westlake's first two offensive possessions of the game. He found the end zone four more times during the second quarter on runs from inside the Vipers' red zone."

One more edit… Found a Jack Kayser highlight video. It's the second one from the top labeled Jack Kayser Highlights. 5' 7" Sophomore that looks tough to catch! https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jack-kayser/J6Uz_wQqPEeZ57LqVTv3Bw/videos.htm?videoid=c7a21470-0de4-4e17-b087-f2bf2481e7e7
Ulrich
Because these guys won't wait to see who wins. They'll both go somewhere that doesn't have a top five QB in the country who is the same age. If Ewers commits, Weigman will almost certainly decommit, and if Ewers doesn't already know Weigman will decommit he will almost certainly go somewhere else.

If two QBs with this much talent are happy to be on the same roster then sure, take them both. It's a very critical position so take as many shots at getting a star as possible. But also be realistic that it's unlikely that two guys are going to take such a big chance of needlessly reducing their rookie contracts by millions of dollars.
Showstopper
AG
Bump
nu awlins ag
AG
bryanw1995 said:

dixichkn said:

Believe it or not I'm fine with next year's QB room. Weigman is going to be something special. Ewers……..I'm not gonna say a Spencer Rattler vibe bc I don't think he's an utter jackass like Rattler, but again, didn't play his senior season, took his NIL deal and is already flaking on Ohio St? Yeah there's some Martell working there
How can you judge him for graduating early? Why don't you go turn down $1.4m as a 17 yo kid then come and tell us your thoughts?

As far as his talents/abilitylocker room presence, I don't know that redshirting at Oh st was better than playing his sr year in hs, will be interesting to find out though.

Quote:

If all we had was calzada and king I would take, but since Weigman is coming it'd be a pass

Why not just recruit both then let the one who loses battle in the spring transfer?

It was all based on snaps/playing time. He took a shot at the money and failed. Chasing coin rather than proving yourself first is kind of a big mistake, no matter how good you think you were in high school. This isn't baseball…..
PhatMack19
AG
Pretty reliable sources say he's headed to tceh

whatthehey78
AG
jr15aggie said:

Ewers is d bag. Has been out performed at all the elite camps by multiple guys.

He's not a bad QB, but he's entitled and this transfer just reeks of a guy that has already seen his glory years.

Wigman>>>
htownag10
AG
So when are a bunch of adults going to stop speculating character and where an 18 year old is going to transfer?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
In the zoo, probably never.
Showstopper
AG
I mean, this is precisely what pays for the whole site, so no, probably not here.

Kind of like going to a steakhouse and being surprised that the menu isn't vegan.
tokyoag
AG
Agree with this. Klubnik was better.
fieldtrailer
AG
From reliable source:

https://twitter.com/BoardGeniuses/status/1467314203782520833?t=YIDN53nYkb4fAcGyCWCLyg&s=19
Sq 17
Bump because people keep starting new threads
. . .
wbt5845
AG
I think TCU would be a great place for him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.