Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Is it a [harsh] move to..

7,478 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Houstonag
Post removed:
by user
St Hedwig Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jesus where is this crap coming from?
Post removed:
by user
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
West Point Aggie said:

"Because LSU's Lucci said it on a podcast. "

Along come HoustonAg2016 to tell us.
Post removed:
by user
HoustonAg2106
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

West Point Aggie said:

Trust me I hope December gets here and I can look back and think I was silly to worry about Jimbo leaving, but right now there is definitely a chance

It's 2106 by the way
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
FAT SEXY said:

I said in the OP that I didn't think Jimbo was leaving, soooo

I'm more/less just wondering how sheisty it is for a coach to make a move like that.

It seems like something that would be frowned upon in coaching circles, but I'm not in coaching circles, so what the hell do I know.

Tuberville did it and he didn't even need a pine box
maroonthrunthru
You guys all sound like a bunch of FSU fans about 4 years ago…
A-A Ron
Arrakis ecologist said:

West Point Aggie said:

Yep because everything Lucci has ever prognosticsted has come true (no offense Lucci) these guys claim to be insiders and yes they talk to people on the inside but do you think the people on the inside would honestly share everything there is to know with someone they know will quickly go out and spread the word. No because those people on the inside wouldn't have a job anymore for sharing inside info. The guy with a podcast is just out there to get clicks just like Lucci is.
HoustonAg2106
AG
FAT SEXY said:

maroonthrunthru said:

Not sure how you guys are getting that vibe from my post.

I was simply asking if it's a dick move to do something like that. Read my OP slowerrrrrr
It might be a dick move, but coaches lie and do dick moves all the time. Here is a quote from Nick Saban that you might remember....

"I will not be the head coach at Alabama"

There is zero loyalty in the coaching profession
Sterling82
I don't recall tu's Liucci, LSU's Liuuci or A&M's Liucci being all that dialed in on coaching searches anyway. So I don't really care what speculations LSU's Liucci is putting out there.
Jimbo4win
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Arrakis ecologist said:

West Point Aggie said:

Trust me I hope December gets here and I can look back and think I was silly to worry about Jimbo leaving, but right now there is definitely a chance

It's 2106 by the way

Wrong
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Good grief! We've got a huge game coming up and you boys are moping around here worried about stupid rumors by tu and LSU folks. Let's enjoy this season and talk about that after the LSU game or if there is some actual news to talk about. It's like posting on football message boards with my sister's kids.
TMF
AG
I really don't think LSU can afford to pay more than we are for Jimbo and all of the assistants. Jimbo would want to take many of them. So Jimbo would likely have to take less so they can get a raise. And another few million more is nothing for us to shun LSU. We likely can pay more with NIL than LSU. So the real question would be does Jimbo think he can't win it all at A&M.
GigEmTx
HoustonAg2106 said:

I can see Lane Kiffin leaving Ole Miss for LSU - that's quite possible. What does he have left to work with at Ole Miss from a recruiting standpoint? The cupboard's nearly bare after Matt Corral leaves. LSU would get an upgrade with Kiffin and it would be good for him. Arch Manning might even consider LSU, and that is part of the equation whether it's said out loud or not. Lane to LSU would be a win-win and I think there's a really good chance that's the way that search pans out.

As for Jimbo, with the current recruiting class and the direction of the program, I see A&M with a better near term future than LSU. The baby cryers pegged the Aggies for dead earlier this year when the rest of us urged for patience before pronouncing them dead. This is the same. tu will get some recruits from moving to the SEC, but it will be largely from the scraps left behind by A&M +the few recruits with dogged tu families like the Brockermyers who go to a substandard program just because their dad tells them to.

From everything I know about Jimbo, he's competitive enough that he wants to win and he'd prefer to win with something he built rather than with a prefab machine somebody gave him.

Jimbo4win
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Quote:

I was simply asking if it's a dick move to do something like that. Read my OP slowerrrrrr

Are you seriously asking? In other words, you REALLY don't know the answer? Okay, I'll play along. Let's see. A&M has given Jimbo more than anything he could ever want. He has the second richest contract in history. He has the 4th largest stadium in the country. He has the back drop of the largest university in the country. He has facilities that are the envy of all of college football. He has a recruiting location in which he can cherry pick the best Texas has to offer(far more elite players than Louisiana despite what disgruntled Texags posters say) AND he can aggressively market a brand to elite players nationally(Walter Nolen come on down). So yes, A&M would be upset if he left for LSU.
PacifistAg
AG
There's nothing "low" about it at all. It's no different than leaving Geico to go do the samejob at Progressive. These are businesses. People leave jobs for competitors all the time.
wangus12
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Arrakis ecologist said:

West Point Aggie said:

It's 2106 by the way
Nah now I only see 2016. Means you're young, new army and no nothing at all
TyperWoods
FAT SEXY said:

..leave a head coaching position for the same role at another school in the same division?

Seems pretty low if you ask me.. This is why I don't think Jimbo would leave for LSU.

ETA: Read the bold lettering

It's harsh.

Might be good reasons, might be justified, but it's still harsh.
90ags
What many Ags don't understand (or refuse to admit) is that no matter how great the resources are at A&M, LSU is considered a better oppty. to the coaching community due to the potential to win NCs (recent history) as LSU has recruited better athletes thru the years regardless (and not talking about rankings...but the amount that get to the NFL).

I do think Jimbo is happy at A&M, but coaches aren't loyal to programs unless they are winning NCs as that will be their legacy (exception Ed O who bled purple and gold). I recall Saban leaving MSU for LSU (MSU alumns didn't think that would happen) and only left LSU for the NFL. Jimbo's relationship w Woodard and sharing an agent brought him to A&M and we'll see if that has any pull to LSU or not.

IMO, LSU is a dumpster fire in the background and chalk full of issues. I don't see why Jimbo (let alone any coach) would want to go get embroiled in that mess and tasked to clean it up. But someone will take the job if they think a path to a NC can be accomplished there regardless of the disaster it has become.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
alamogeorge
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Quote:

Because your post sounds more like you're trying to reassure yourself than anything else.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
rootube
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

FAT SEXY said:

maroonthrunthru said:

It might be a dick move, but coaches lie and do dick moves all the time. Here is a quote from Nick Saban that you might remember....

"I will not be the head coach at Alabama"

There is zero loyalty in the coaching profession

I hope he stays but if he leaves then good riddance. We are better than LSU and we will find someone who agrees and whip their asses. Relax, life is good.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Nooooo it issssnnnt a diiiiiick mooooove
(Is that slow enough)?
rootube
AG
I have news for you. We are closer to a national title than LSU as it stands today. Early singing day is right around the corner. I suspect we will be even closer after that.
BrotherChad
AG
FAT SEXY said:

I'm just thinking out loud on a message board.
Think less, post less
maver1ck
AG
maroonthrunthru said:

FSU wasn't providing Jimbo with the best facilities in the nation and a 90 million dollar paycheck
Stormchaser
AG
I read it pretty slow. It's a dick move to keep posting threads worrying if our coach is leaving.
QB1
AG
No ag tag = troll
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
deadbq03
AG
I think the only truly [harsh] move is to leave your alma mater, unless it's abundantly clear you're making a huge upgrade. E.g. Rich Rod. Sure Michigan had better history/reputation, but at the time, WVU was on the cusp of becoming a legitimate MNC contender and at least in terms of on-field product was a better team.

I think an intra-division move would be unwise, but not a deek move. And it's probably unwise for both parties. The track record of coaches who leave an HC job at one Power 5 program to directly take another one is pretty abysmal.
Showstopper
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Could have been a decent discussion on the optics of coaches making moves like that, but instead we got a prime example of people on TexAgs itching to reply like smartasses.

Somebody literally compared recruiting and coaching young men and then leaving them for another school that plays against them annually to leaving Geico for Progressive. Holy ****
They are employees not indentured servants. If they think they think they would be better off or happier at another job, it ins't some amoral thing to take the other job. Exactly the same as when we got Jimbo to come here. Were you crying like a puss when we got Jimbo? And if not going to a conference rival is such a big deal to us, we could negotiate a clause that prevents that, which we didn't do.

Sorry you are so upset no one sees it your way.
Ag Tag
FAT SEXY said:

..leave a head coaching position for the same role at another school in the same division?

Seems pretty low if you ask me.. This is why I don't think Jimbo would leave for LSU.

ETA: Read the bold lettering
Tuberville did this when he left Ole Miss for Auburn.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.